rFactor 2 Mod Requests

Rfactor forums
Rfactor central
official forums of various modding groups
nogripracing
drivingitalia
bsimracing
various youtube video descriptions
and the modding sections of about 5-6 sites with "sim" in their name.

and of course google and racedepartment.

Tons of conversions but incredibly rare gt/lmp/touring cars made from scratch
edit: i have gone through "every single page" of official rfactor forums. Yes. I'm that much interested in mods for my taste.
Lol yes you've been through most the ones I use. You say touring cars, we're racing BMW and honda civic tomorrow night but have you tried the multiplayer servers? try the ones that are unlocked as they can have various mods which you can download. To be honest though, RF2 is all about the physics and ffb tyres etc and there were a lot of mods for RF1 but I don't think RF2 has got to the same level purely for the fact it hasn't been out as long. It's shame you only like a limited amount of cars as this game will offer you the best physics ffb etc out of all the sims I've played.

You got the ISI car all really nice (can be found in their homepage):
Nissan GTR GT1
Corvette GT2
Camaro GT3
Nissan 370z
Renaul Megane Trophy
Honda Civic BTCC
Renault Clio Cup

URD GTE Mod

MAK Corp Mazda 787

The old open source LMP1 and LMP2 car that @Stefan Woudenberg made, which are probably a bit outdated now.

Blancpain Endurance Series Mod (has 8 cars or more)

Apex Modding (SLS, Porsche, Corvette)

The Ferrari 458 Challange a race car version of the road car, but still very low downfroce and a lot of fun

The several Spec Miatas with diffrent stages of power.

There was a V8 Ute mod sometime ago, which was a lot of fun (no idea where that is)

There is also a converted V8 Supercars Mod, but I would wait for the newely build one.

A few things that will come up in the near future (can be found on the ISI forum):

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (Apex Modding)
BMW Z4 GT3 (Apex Modding)

A full V8 Suoercars 2014 Mod featuring Volvo, Ford, Holden and Nissan

An LMP1 & LMP2 Mod by URD that should feature 5 to 10 prototypes some are already used in an endurance leauge.

An NGTC (BTCC mod) including a Mercedes, Audi etc.

Hopefully a BOP Mod that equalizes the ISI GT1 to GT3 cars and maybe the Apex Modding cars.

I also found a BTCC Mod for a BMW and a Cruze, but not sure, if it is on the ISI forum

That are quite a lot of cars. Unfortunately there is no proper central site as things like rfactorcentral seem to deny the existence of rF2. The thing that is mostly missing are more prototypes and GT1 and GT4.

Maybe someone has more to add.

Good idea:
Maybe we can setup an extra thread here in the Modding section, which lists all cars and where can you get them (not sure if we would be allowed to link there). It is hard to get a good overview about all the content. For tracks it is even more difficult.

Lol yes you've been through most the ones I use. You say touring cars, we're racing BMW and honda civic tomorrow night but have you tried the multiplayer servers? try the ones that are unlocked as they can have various mods which you can download. To be honest though, RF2 is all about the physics and ffb tyres etc and there were a lot of mods for RF1 but I don't think RF2 has got to the same level purely for the fact it hasn't been out as long. It's shame you only like a limited amount of cars as this game will offer you the best physics ffb etc out of all the sims I've played.

Oh don't get me wrong, i'm loving the handling, feel, ffb etc. I just wish there were more quality modding teams other than urd, mak-corp and apex. Oh well, looking forward to urd lmp mod pack and isi's own bentley speed 8 and nissan gt500 then.

edit: and i really hope mak-corp fixes mazda 787b in the future because it's undriveable for me right now.

Would anyone who's skilled at building realistic looking tracks for rf2 be interested in creating the Grand Junction Kart track (Colorado) for us? We have plenty of GPS data for you to use and we would be willing to pay you. PM me if you think you could do it pretty quickly.

The Global Mazda Mx-5 Cup 2016 would be nice :roflmao:

2016-Mazda-GlobalMX-5-2.jpg

There are a lot of newbies on Steam wondering where the mods are. It would be great to have the Steam Workshop populated soon, so that newbies can get a better first impression and have a central place for obtaining mods.
The workshop has many advantages for existing users and leagues as well, such as auto-updating of mods and many others as explained by Marcel Offermans.

If you want to learn more about the Steam version of rFactor 2, it's highly recommend to check out some of the guides there, one of which explains how to publish content to the Workshop.

See also the following RD thread http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rf2-steam-workshop-functionality-explained.113517/

And this isiforum thread http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/27151-Modders-please-populate-the-Steam-Workshop

Last edited:
i dont know squat about modding or program files and such so this may be a stupid question. i have went into the program files of some games and changed values but i dont know if it works for what im asking.

is there a way to make my car and the AI cars in the "nascar" stock cars have less grip? its like these cars are glued to the track, even if a bump a car in the middle of the turn there is no spinning out. im figuring most people dont race these cars or ovals so the physics of these cars werent high on the priority list. i just wish they handled more like iracing and not any of the EA nascar games.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%