rFactor 2 Mod Requests

Don't know if this is the right place for this...but can't find a better one ;)

The FIFA14 demo inspired me to do a "quick" mockup of a UI for rF2 in the modern flat design ("metro")...though I'm really no designer or something similar, I really think this could enhance the rF2 experience a lot!
a real shame rF2 will stick for to the ugly old-fashioned UI forever it seems... :(

anyhow it really would be great if "we" can force ISI somehow to release editors or what ever so we can change the UI ourselves (or force ISI to redo the UI on their own :D)

How about some Rally car mods? Would also like to see any kind of dirt track on rfactor2, be it oval, or rally stage. I enjoy all forms of racing and right now I don't think there is any dirt racing of any kind on rFactor2. I liked the ORR2 stadium truck mod in rFactor 1, also enjoy dirt oval mods too. Anyone know if there are any Dirt or Rally mods in the works?

Sorry I didn't notice Adrian's post before i put this up.

1.) would be great if rFactor2 would have a championship season option just like rFactor1.

2.) would be great if someone would create rFactor2 tracks of either the F1 2013 GP season or DTM 2013 season.

How about some Rally car mods? Would also like to see any kind of dirt track on rfactor2, be it oval, or rally stage. I enjoy all forms of racing and right now I don't think there is any dirt racing of any kind on rFactor2. I liked the ORR2 stadium truck mod in rFactor 1, also enjoy dirt oval mods too. Anyone know if there are any Dirt or Rally mods in the works?

Sorry I didn't notice Adrian's post before i put this up.

ISI will implement also rally surfaces, but they haven't implemented that yet, that will come in the future when other stuff is more developed. I believe Blackwood is a track that already has some gravel in their track incorparated, but as far as I know no cars are developed yet as the base for it is not set yet.

1.) would be great if rFactor2 would have a championship season option just like rFactor1.

2.) would be great if someone would create rFactor2 tracks of either the F1 2013 GP season or DTM 2013 season.

1) ISI might do that, but so far from the anwers they are giving, it might be a third party program which someone will develop that should do that. Offcourse you can make a mod and keep track of the results race by race on a piece of paper in the meanwhile.

2) People did indeed made conversions of the DTM tracks, but they were illegal conversions. Note that if you do get your hands on it from someone else that still has it, it is said that it sometimes give troubles with your rf2 install. So you know if rf2 stops working.

Don't know if this is the right place for this...but can't find a better one ;)

The FIFA14 demo inspired me to do a "quick" mockup of a UI for rF2 in the modern flat design ("metro")...though I'm really no designer or something similar, I really think this could enhance the rF2 experience a lot!
a real shame rF2 will stick for to the ugly old-fashioned UI forever it seems... :(

anyhow it really would be great if "we" can force ISI somehow to release editors or what ever so we can change the UI ourselves (or force ISI to redo the UI on their own :D)

ISI is stating that they are going to change something in the UI, and advised all modders to wait with creating new ones, because it might result that after the change they might not work and do it all over again. They didn't say when they will change it, but somewhere in the future you should be able to download new created UI's by other modders or if you know how to do it, you can create them yourself offcourse. Not sure if they will release an editor for it.

ISI is stating that they are going to change something in the UI, and advised all modders to wait with creating new ones, because it might result that after the change they might not work and do it all over again. They didn't say when they will change it, but somewhere in the future you should be able to download new created UI's by other modders or if you know how to do it, you can create them yourself offcourse. Not sure if they will release an editor for it.

OK, but where is the reference to that statement?
AFAIK ISI said something about UI editing even before rF2 beta was released the first time. Nothing changed since that :(
Anyhow I will put in the question into the dev Q&A now ;)

OK, but where is the reference to that statement?
AFAIK ISI said something about UI editing even before rF2 beta was released the first time. Nothing changed since that :(
Anyhow I will put in the question into the dev Q&A now ;)

You are right about that, that is what they stated from the beginning, and some time ago I believe he repeated that those changes hasn't made it yet. It was a remark of Tim Wheatley, just did a quick search on their website but couldn't find it right away.
I assume they don't have it high on their priority list to implement.
If you get an answer let us know, I'm also curious about it. :)

Just again I noticed (due to the changelog of the recent patch) that all GIZMO and other UI elements are hardcoded...won't be easy to get new functions then :(
Anyhow I just had an great idea to solve my issues with the UI ;) Will give this a try on the weekend :thumbsup:

Sorry, this is a little off-topic
I'm new to pc gaming so don't yet know how mods work or much at all about them. I can see how a Minecraft mod might be created, but for race sims, I don't really understand.

Is it individuals who create tracks/cars then make them available to others? If that's the case, how does a person create a track or a car? OK, a car - I can see that might be possible, but a track! I had thought that that kind of thing took development teams weeks/months of work, or something like that. How is it possible?

Sorry, can't find it.....
If I didn't get the Zandvoort track here at Race Dept it was at a competitor's website starting with the word "inside" and followed by the words"sim"and "racing" . But I've just been to check there and those tracks have been removed 'cos the download links lead some users thru a hell of pop-up windows. I think the Zandvoort track must have been one of Thug-Life's

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 268 13.7%