rFactor 2 Build 1084 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor2 New Build 1084.jpg

Hot on the heels of last weeks release, Image Space Incorporated have made available version 1084 of their racing simulator rFactor 2.

Build 1084 brings some essential fixes to the previous build 1080 release, the most notable of which is a proposed driver fix for Thrustmaster driver and a fix for the Logitech G920 pedal issue.

Additional work has been undertaken by the studio to remove a issue causing users whom attempt to download missing components from a password-less dedicated server receiving the "invalid password" message on the server.

With recent criticism from some of the more vocal elements of the community regarding the relatively slow pace of development for rFactor 2, it is very encouraging to see ISI's quick reaction to the recent issues with the release of this latest patch.

Build notes:

FEATURES:
  • Stopped overwriting your own Unsportsmanslike Driving multiplayer setting when you joined a server (should only affect the current setting). This would only matter if you used the same Player.JSON for both servers and clients.
FIXES:
  • Fixed sun occlusion bug in showroom.
  • Adjusted particle params for rain spray.
  • Removed error msg from Mas2.
  • Fix for steam launcher getting "Password invalid" when attempting to download missing components from a password-less dedicated server.
  • Workaround for lag in options when using Thrustmaster drivers 2016_TTRS_1.
  • Rearranged throttle/brake/clutch pedal mappings for Logitech G920 because they will be rearranged with the next Logitech driver/firmware release (which are in Beta as of this writing). If any users continue to use the previous Logitech drivers, they will need to re-map the pedals after loading the Logitech G920 profile.
  • Attempt to prevent Knockout Qualifying plugin from overwriting manual grid edits.
Known issue (see known issues.txt):
  • Lost wheel intermittent repair after driver change, possibly more likely with higher damage percent set. 'Normal' damage repairs function as intended.
  • There are still some issues with various security suites that ISI are not in control of. Depending on what software you use, you will need to find a workaround based on how it reacts or what it blocks. ISI would be grateful to see these false reports passed onto the developers of those suites so that they can whitelist the software.
RaceDepartment hold regular club racing events using a variety of content for rFactor 2 and all drivers are welcome to participate. Head on over to the rFactor 2 sub forum here on RD and have a look what's on offer. Alongside our racing events we host a number of mods, setups and discussions around ISI's current simulation.

Much like buses, one comes along then straight after another arrives... are you using 1084 yet? What do you think? How have you found the workaround for the new 2016_TTRS_1 driver from Thrustmaster and a fix for the Logitech G920 pedals? Let us know in the comments section below!

Image credit: Remik - F1RFT 2013 mod

Last edited:
I NEED THE MOD OF THE PICTURE!!!! Where can I get THAT?????

I had one installed but it dissapeared from workshop last time I played...

Feel free to PM me if needed! Thanks guys:):):)

And for me...since I installed it I cannot play anything else. Cars behave like you hope, graphics looks good in default (I don't like AMS because of antialiasing not working and having to use inspector and so on...) and AI races are supreme. Quality content (f3.5, fISI, Megane, sauber c9 mod, barber...) and a "this just feel nice" FFB on my g27. Good enough for 20 bucks that I spent on this sim.

It is good to see that build 1084 is out so soon after release of build 1080 :thumbsup:
Unfortunately it seems steam launcher is still getting "Password invalid" when attempting to download missing components from a password-less dedicated server.

No need for you to quickly reinstall. It is still just the best FFB, physics, tire model, real road, etc. Still no DX11-12, flashy filters and sun flares. People that put graphics above all else should still stick with the newer and lesser "sims".

Indeed, I don`t think Patrik is asking DX 11-12 or flashy filters and sun flares. I believe that he is asking better graphics performance and I am sure he is not alone with hes wishes regarding gMotor 2.5.

@Daiman Patel - as above, over to you buddy :)
Thanks for the heads up Paul! :D ISI are churning them out thick and fast at the moment; they're keeping us on our toes! :laugh:

Whens the server being updated? Aka when should we update?
The servers shall be updated as soon as possible - hopefully in time for this evening's event, but if not then certainly in time for next week's events. :) Therefore if you would like to partake in tonight's race then I would wait for further notice before updating your install, otherwise perform the update at your convenience. :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, on the point of next week's races, event threads shall be up soon!

I don`t have problem with Steam launcher getting "Password invalid" message. There was few guys on TS who was complaining about it. Problem is that you must use ESET Smart Security product`s to solve this error.
Quite the opposite as far as I'm aware; Eset Antivirus (and related products, I believe) was partly the cause of the "Password invalid" issue, and by disabling the application or adding an exception rule the problem could be circumvented. It's possible that other antivirus applications also caused the problem. However, I'm not sure how the problem differs for Steam and non-Steam users; I presume the symptoms are the same for both groups of users.

Regarding the issues raised by the guys to whom you were speaking on TS, ISI have themselves said that the issue is still not fully resolved due to the way in which some security applications work. As ISI are not in control of this there is not much that they can currently do to alleviate the problem; the only solutions are to use workarounds specific to the security software being used. This statement has been included as part of the build notes:
There are still some issues with various security suites that ISI are not in control of. Depending on what software you use, you will need to find a workaround based on how it reacts or what it blocks. ISI would be grateful to see these false reports passed onto the developers of those suites so that they can whitelist the software.

Last edited:
Hey Evan,

Yup its an rF2 mod. Its the F1RFT 2013 mod available on the ISI forum. Also a chap has done an update for it with some more advanced physics / AI with better reflection of that season's driver performance. If memory servers its someone call Frenky or something like that...

Its good :)

Yes, I guess you mean my mod :p. Well, there was a thread about it here on RD. But it isn't there anymore. Today, I got an "alert" stating that it was "moved to another forum", because "hotlinking conflicts to ToS RD". I can agree with that.
But if I want to upload my mod to RD downloads site, only 300 MB file size is allowed. My mod is double that size. It is due to the way packaging works in rF2. ATM, I see no possibility to upload my mod to RD. So, you may want to use a search engine to find the latest info about it.

Yes, I guess you mean my mod :p. Well, there was a thread about it here on RD. But it isn't there anymore. Today, I got an "alert" stating that it was "moved to another forum", because "hotlinking conflicts to ToS RD". I can agree with that.
But if I want to upload my mod to RD downloads site, only 300 MB file size is allowed. My mod is double that size. It is due to the way packaging works in rF2. ATM, I see no possibility to upload my mod to RD. So, you may want to use a search engine to find the latest info about it.

Hi, is it up to date with last updates or has not been updated lately??

Almost all F1 mods have been taken down from RD recently due to FOM requests, so I would probably upload it somewhere else.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back