RF2 the more complete/polished sim out there?

Msportdan

@Simberia
Ive always had in my mind, that RF2 was always a bit of a krypton factor, when it comes to making the sim work how you want it. But with the recent release of PCars and RRe, and the constant messing with, especially FFB settings to get right, i don't think this is the case any longer.

Ive spent more hours in the FFB menus than i have driving both of those sims its ridiculous, and still haven't found a good feel for them. Its beyond frustrating !

Last night i booted rf2 picked the cobra set the weather app, picked AMP then off i go. With great gfx and FFB out of the box. Ive barely tweaked even my PLR file. I mean i turned on Fixed setups etc for the AI, and increased their mistakes, but no endless pathetic FFB tweaks.

and that i want to thank ISI for, you've made a very complex sim very accessible in your recent builds.

Rf2 imo isn't such a mystery anymore.

well maybe just the package format baffles me lol!?

Dan

Yes well check under my forum name, I still mention RF2 so love is still there. Seriously I'm disappointed with RRE, I don't like AC and I'm all FFB'd out with Project Cars! so I'm playing Euro Truck 2 at the moment. I work 12 hours shifts and I just can't face another night of drive a lap change a setting drive a lap change a setting drive a lap change a setting.
Jim,
We need someone to drive the team rig out to Austria for the next round.
Now that just leves me to find someone with a flight simluator who can fly the drivers and management.

sorry to highjack the original post, do you guys think it's worth investing in RF2 seeing as i have AC, project cars, and a few others. i am so glad i only paid £23 for a boxed copy of PCars, i am getting really bored of setting up the ffb and trying to get a good road feel for every car, it is really a frustrating game at the moment, hopefully things will change with the patch that's coming out soon. i have never played such a stressful sim/game.

sorry to highjack the original post, do you guys think it's worth investing in RF2 seeing as i have AC, project cars, and a few others. i am so glad i only paid £23 for a boxed copy of PCars, i am getting really bored of setting up the ffb and trying to get a good road feel for every car, it is really a frustrating game at the moment, hopefully things will change with the patch that's coming out soon. i have never played such a stressful sim/game.
If you take the plunge you will getting RF2 when it has just hit it's stride, GFX much improved, the latest cars have physics other sims can only dream about. And some of the mods available are just stunning. I have all the others and this is by far the best when comes to actual business of driving (Although Stock Car runs it a close second). There is plenty advice here getting it setup and once you have you will be in driving nirvana.

The wheel just feels alive in your hands.

If you take the plunge you will getting RF2 when it has just hit it's stride, GFX much improved, the latest cars have physics other sims can only dream about. And some of the mods available are just stunning. I have all the others and this is by far the best when comes to actual business of driving (Although Stock Car runs it a close second). There is plenty advice here getting it setup and once you have you will be in driving nirvana.

The wheel just feels alive in your hands.
Couldn't have said it better my self.

Luckily rF2 is the only new sim, that provides a Demo.
http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/
The Formula Renault has only good FFB with a high end wheel, but the Corvette is nice and Silverstone is a good track.
You need to make sure to select one of the provided realroad profiles bump the realroad multiplier up and have some AI on track. The rubber builds 100% dynamicly, so you start of with a bit of a rubbered line (be aware not a lot of grip off the racing line) and then it builds up depending on where you (the AI) drive.
For the Corvette you can increase the caster a bit in the setup, reduce the rear wing a bit, maybe stiffen up the rear.
When you select the car check out the "tuning" menu. The car provides two engines the 2010 one has less torque, but more revs and power, which is easier to handle.

P.S. The Corvette requires throttle blip on downshifts. Be aware of that. If you just change down without any throttle you will get a very nervous car. Also it helps to shift down later in the breaking zone and not hammer the gears down, that will only unsettle the car.

Here an example of as little throttle blipping as possible to maximize the breaking, but you can see I downshifted very conversatively (deep in the breaking zone). You can hear the rears locking into the hairpin as I didnt do enough throttle blipping.

Yes.

That is the replay mode of the old UI :)

In the new User Interface it's in the left lower corner. ;)

GRAB_002.jpg

How can you guys take rf2 seriously? I mean, there's only 2 (two) FFB options in the menu!! TWO?!?! What am I supposed to do? Just go and race? WTF?? :roflmao:

Yes, Just go and race. How many FFB option do you have in a real race car? :roflmao:

- Smoothing is for reducing the rattle of gear driven FFB wheels. If you have a belt driven FFB wheel you can lower the number.

- FFB multiplier is for the strenght of the FFB. Some 3rd party cars have an over done FFB or a very weak FFB. You can adjust it with the FFB multiplier.

All forces are calculated in the physics. :) You don't have canned effects in your real car. ;)
If the FFB doesn't feel right. It's problably the car setup that need some tweaking. FFB changes with road grip too. :)
Make sure you have all driving aides disabled in the " difficulty level" options. Only use TC, ABS and auto Clutch. Steering help etc will give you very weird experience.

Click here for button assignments.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back