rF2: Endurance Pack Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Endurance Pack DLC Update.jpg

Studio 397 have recently updated the 'Endurance Pack' DLC for rFactor 2.

Deploying the content update back on March 21st, Studio 397 have released small updates to the cars contained within the Endurance Pack DLC for the simulation. Although not significant in size, the update does address some of the outstanding issues with the content in rFactor 2, and includes some performance optimisation of the individual car LOD's as well as BOP adjustments across the pack, the full details of which can be seen below:

Porsche 991RSR GTE v1.67
  • BOP refuel time adjustment
  • Fixed side mirrors in showroom
  • Fixed see through vents and holes
  • Fixed sorting issues with steering wheel and side windows
Corvette C7R GTE v1.69
  • Optimized LODs
  • Mapping fix on bonnet
  • Fixed side mirrors in showroom
BMW M8 GTE v1.43
  • Fixed reversed oil and water values in the onboard HUD
  • Optimized LODs
Norma M30 LMP3 v1.65
  • Optimized LODs
Oreca 07 LMP2 v1.51
  • Optimized LODs
  • Reflection fix on floor diffuser

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Ok well no; DX11, PBR Shaders, VR implementation, optimisations to the engine - all added in the past couple of years along with other core features so it's not all about DLC & the UI. Yes I bet the wait is frustrating for the latter, I agree the current UI is not the best, but it's what we've got to live with for now...such is life - we can't always get what we want when we want it or even when the Devs say we might get it - I mean if you're in Software Development then you should know more than anyone that delays can happen for various reasons, right?! :)

Yes they can. But if someone was working on the types of UI changes needed for RF2 for more than a year, I'd fire them. ;) As a point of comparison, look at what someone has done for Assetto Corsa in his spare time.

Yeh it's weird, as soon as rF2 went on Steam, modders started putting all their mods on Steam Workshop, where any updates would load to my install automatically.
Nobody wants to bother with that. :rolleyes:
It's great that RF2 has Steam support. It's one of the few really convenient things about the title. However, there is still a dearth of mods available there.

It's great that RF2 has Steam support. It's one of the few really convenient things about the title. However, there is still a dearth of mods available there.
Once again we disagree. It took a long time for modders to get going (or so it seemed), but there is content which (to my taste) is of good quality, dropping every couple of weeks or so now and the frequency of this is increasing. A couple of LilSki tracks have been converted from AC, then there was Crystal Palace. I'm very much enjoying the the Toyota Celica GTO and the Mak-Corp Group C mod. Again, just off the top of my head. Considering I'm really heavily biased toward historic content, I'm very optimistic for the way things are going with the rF2 mod scene. Long may it continue to grow. :)

Yes they can. But if someone was working on the types of UI changes needed for RF2 for more than a year, I'd fire them. ;) As a point of comparison, look at what someone has done for Assetto Corsa in his spare time.

By all means start your own sim racing company then and show them how it's done, if you know best...prove it.

There is a UI on the way. It's been in development for a while but sure to be awesome when it is available. S397 have moved this sim on so much from the way ISI left it. Beyond impressive.
Anyways, I have to say the best thing to do is get involved in online racing. It truly is the best way to race clean and fair with like-minded racers and learn a lot along the way.
Races with the group on Friday and Saturday nights, mornings for me, are great fun so you should try it out.
Edit: plus it would be great to have someone else to race with at the back of the pack!:thumbsup:

You definitely should. And as long as you're respectful to others (as in don't crash them intentionally and follow the usual rules), you'll be fine.
Well, you convinced me, I should start online racing guys!

And you think a single person has been working on the UI and nothing else i.e. stuff that brings in money?

AC is known for it's relative ease when it comes to modding, whereas RF2 is somewhat more complex or convoluted in the design of the code base.

Everyone is waiting with baited breath for the new UI, myself included - but lets not detract from the fact that the game is playable and massively enjoyable irrespective of the clunky UI. Get on the race track and off the section boxes and have fun :)

By all means start your own sim racing company then and show them how it's done, if you know best...prove it.

I don't know why, if I have industry experience and am critical of a company, it follows that I need to start a competing company. If Coke changes the flavor of their drink, do I need to go start my own beverage company to give my opinion that it sucks?

Once again we disagree. It took a long time for modders to get going (or so it seemed), but there is content which (to my taste) is of good quality, dropping every couple of weeks or so now and the frequency of this is increasing. A couple of LilSki tracks have been converted from AC, then there was Crystal Palace. I'm very much enjoying the the Toyota Celica GTO and the Mak-Corp Group C mod. Again, just off the top of my head. Considering I'm really heavily biased toward historic content, I'm very optimistic for the way things are going with the rF2 mod scene. Long may it continue to grow. :)

I agree that I'd love to see more mods, but more importantly properly function mods. It seems rather difficult to get it right in RF2. Most mod tracks for example, do not function properly, at least in regards to endurance racing. I find it sad that when you remove all the broken or half-baked conversions, that RF2 has about as many mods as PC2, which wasn't even really designed to be modded (beyond skins).

What irks me about the title is that despite numerous calls from the community to fix the UI and mod support, the devs look at all of that feedback and then proceed to spend their time making yet another version of Nordschliefe. Brilliant.

I agree that I'd love to see more mods, but more importantly properly function mods. It seems rather difficult to get it right in RF2. Most mod tracks for example, do not function properly, at least in regards to endurance racing. I find it sad that when you remove all the broken or half-baked conversions, that RF2 has about as many mods as PC2, which wasn't even really designed to be modded (beyond skins).

What irks me about the title is that despite numerous calls from the community to fix the UI and mod support, the devs look at all of that feedback and then proceed to spend their time making yet another version of Nordschliefe. Brilliant.
Have you read the March roadmap; I suggest you do :)

Same old complaints, same answers. They will surely need a revenue stream in order to continue development?
Your complaints tend to be about the pace of development. If you read around, you'll find that others complain of a lack of official content. In the real world, they (S397) seem to be trying to tackle these two issues in tandem. This seems perfectly logical to me.
I'm not a fan of Nords, but if it sells lots of copies, I'll be very pleased. I saw plenty of requests for it, before it was announced. As I've said, I'd like to have lots of historic content, but I'm not expecting that because S397 are running a business. So, it seems to me that they should release popular stuff that will sell lots of copies. So GT3s and Nords it is.
If they reinvest some of the revenue that is generated (and spend some of it on the core game), then that can only be a good thing IMO.

Last edited:
I don't think 3D track modellers are responsible for creating the UI and its underlying code. Or rather - I would certainly hope they're not.

I'm done with all the negativity without proper substance, constructive criticism is fine, whining for the sake of it just to be heard isn't...the ignore list is there for a reason and it's unfortunate I have to use it (again!).

I don't think 3D track modellers are responsible for creating the UI and its underlying code. Or rather - I would certainly hope they're not.

They're not, quite why people still use this as an excuse to have a dig at sim devs is beyond me.

And just as S397 releases new UI somebody releases 3D VR UI, which will make you step on your cat, destroy furniture and jump out from the window while you'll be destroying your FFB with very bad settings decisions :D

probably will still need coding though....

Damn when coders will become obsolete, and AI will do it ? Probably AI 3D modeling would come sooner though :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.