rF2 Demo - G25 steering 'sloppy' and seems to have a deadzone

Connor Caple

Slowest Racer in Town...
I get the Logitech G25 up as normal (101/100/100) which works for rFactor, AC and Race07 but I'm getting a similar ingame issue to the one in R3E - sloppy steering.

In the rF2 Sim's setup the steering is on a linear response and works perfectly (the triangle starts to fill up instantly when you move the wheel off centre) but once in game on a test run the wheel feels dead in the middle by around 8 to 10 degrees either side of centre and lacks feedback in that area.

I've checked that all settings in and out of game have ZERO degrees of deadzone. I've restarted the game, restarted the PC, unplugged and re-inserted the G25, re-discovered the G25 and tried fiddling with the car specific feedback settings on the provided demo Civic between 1.0 to 1.50 whilst reducing the smoothing. Nothing seems to help - it just feels horrible.

My basis for comparison is obviously race 07 and Asetto Corsa, both of which work very well with tweaks to their setups.

Have any other G25 owners found a fix for this?

System:
AMD quad 4.2Ghz, HD8570 2Gb @ 1080p (or 720p, makes no difference), 8Gb RAM, 40" LED TV/Monitor on 'Game' setting running Windows 10 TP (and Windows 7 - tried both) with rF2 Demo build 860

Ah - hehe. I switched it back to 540deg for my latest run as I've been fiddling with the FFB and it's starting to feel better.

I set up the Steering Torque Minimum at 3.5% and that has helped a bit with the deadzone in the middle and enabled me to reduce the overall FFB for that car to about 0.75 and still have it retain the feel but without the roughness and overmodulation it was getting before.

I tried changing to the 'Friction' FFB model earlier instead of the 'Damping' but it didn't feel right with the strong FFB I had at the time, I may try it again now I've got more control over the basic response.
Nice to hear. Yes with the wrong rotation it can lead you in a wrong direction. There are lots of things you can dail in to make it perfect. I never did, because I started with the first build where you couldnt adjust these things, so I am might used to something, which alientates others :D

Unistall the old demo install the new one...

Thanks for the heads up - I'll get it tonight.

EDIT: I cannot get the FFB to work with the new demo. It is undriveable.

Maybe someday they'll come up with a way to configure it so it can work on my G25, but for now that's it. I've spent enough time on this game and had no success.

It should not be this hard to set up an ISI engined game. Even R3E works now after some alteration to their graphical FFB configuration page.

Last edited:
I feel your pain mate. I too am having some issue's with the G25 and the Civics. Everytime I am mid corner and want to power out after meeting the apex, as soon as apply to power the steering wheel want to turn in the direction of the corner until full lock, unless I pull the wheel to the center myself or lift off the power, which you don't want to be doing either. I have the Logi Profiler set at 100%, 0%, 0% Center spring off and no matter what rotation I use the problem persists. I have edited so many settings in the JSON file, from people's suggestion but to no avail. It feels horrendous.

Any ideas on this one fellow racers ?

Thanks.

. Everytime I am mid corner and want to power out after meeting the apex, as soon as apply to power the steering wheel want to turn in the direction of the corner until full lock, unless I pull the wheel to the center myself or lift off the power, which you don't want to be doing either.
Any ideas on this one fellow racers ?

Thanks.

That's torque steering you are discribing. The front wheels start to spin and pull more to the inside.
If you power through the torque-steering you'll be slower and your tires wear out very fast. With this Civic is sometimes better to short shoft and meintain front handle .
You won't have that in a RWD car.

Thanks for help buddy but I think its a bit more than Torque Steering. The steering wheel should not go onto full lock, even with half throttle the wheel wants to continue in the motion of the corner. The steering feels fine coasting down the straight and no power, as soon as I power the tiniest bit the steering goes very light, as soon as I lift off the steering feels great and I feel connected to the road. As soon as I throttle I can not feel anything the car is doing. I am reacting to slides and loss of grip waaaaay after it happens.

Ive been pullling my hair out for weeks over this. And again another couple of hours this morning......Honestly feel like crying. LOL :(

Thanks again.

Jip, that's normal!

The civic has a lot of power and if you put your foot on the throttle the fronts starting to slide a bit and the steering-wheel feels "odd" ==> FWD drive has torque steering. (not the same as power steering)

Just did some laps on silverstone with the civic and default setup. (medium tires)
- load the car and track.
- put some AI on track. press "ctrl-x": time accelaration.
- let them drive for a few minutes. (Coffee time ;))
- press "ctr-x" again to stop time accelaration
- go on track now.
- Don't use 2nd gear on silverstone. Take all slow corners in 3rd gear. I'm not faster using 2nd gear.
- I did 2:14.500 - 2:15.000 at cruizing speed and not ruining the tires in 4 laps.

Have fun. :thumbsup:

Found the problem, so to speak. They have no 'slip angle' physics or other 'simulated feedback' which I am used to in games. They are trying to simulate the actual feel of a real car steering wheel which is pretty useless in a sim where you have no g-force/inner ear feedback, imho.

I depend on those 'fake' feedback effects to have a clue what the tyre grip is doing and the lack of them is why the wheel grip feels no different even when the car 'lets go' in a corner.

It's their design decision and some people seem to like it, but it relegates all control of the car's grip to visual/auditory clues only and that, to me, is not a simulation. Others disagree *shrugs* but it means they'll never get my money on any ISI-2 game if it cannot provide simulated tyre grip feedback at the wheel.

Good luck to the guys who like this kind of feedback, hope your racing clubs stay strong.:thumbsup:

Please need help if possible with fanatec V2 base settingd in RF2 or it may be settings in game all assists off driving at 900 degree everyhthing turns and looks fine except mid corner when you go to straighten up the wheel exiting a corner and there i s no resistance it just feels very loose unless turning into corners. Coming out feels like no ffb and my ffb resistance is at 1.5 ffb smoothing 0 steering rate 20 ex raw 25 everthing else i believe how it should be really frustrated with this game and the settting up please any RF Pros out there need some assistance

Cheers Vargs.

bmw rim im crap at pc so dont know how to screen shot then post in this forum but i can type each of my settings it feels good with urd darche but the ferruruchio or what ever its called felt loose ps sweet finally someone who uses fanatec not just logitech

bmw rim im crap at pc so dont know how to screen shot then post in this forum but i can type each of my settings it feels good with urd darche but the ferruruchio or what ever its called felt loose ps sweet finally someone who uses fanatec not just logitech
If it feels okay with other cars you can turn up or down the FFB multiplier for each car in the control options. Default is 1.00. I have adjusted quite a few up and down (Logitech user). I use a FFB plugin to check I am not clipping too much and then I know I have set it right.

Found the problem, so to speak. They have no 'slip angle' physics or other 'simulated feedback' which I am used to in games. They are trying to simulate the actual feel of a real car steering wheel which is pretty useless in a sim where you have no g-force/inner ear feedback, imho.

I depend on those 'fake' feedback effects to have a clue what the tyre grip is doing and the lack of them is why the wheel grip feels no different even when the car 'lets go' in a corner.

It's their design decision and some people seem to like it, but it relegates all control of the car's grip to visual/auditory clues only and that, to me, is not a simulation. Others disagree *shrugs* but it means they'll never get my money on any ISI-2 game if it cannot provide simulated tyre grip feedback at the wheel.

Good luck to the guys who like this kind of feedback, hope your racing clubs stay strong.:thumbsup:
I believe this is my issue as well with the ffb not being there coming out of corners so there feels like sloppy wheel till u get on straight and into next corner

what is clipping ive seen others use the term also is it when in full lock the vibration of wheel not wanting to turn any more so it shutters is that it?

That is the plugin.
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7546-rF2-Pedal-Overlay-Plugin

Tells you how much force is being applied to wheel. If it is red that means it is clipping i.e too much force. It's good way to set the FFB for each different car.

This a video of mine, if you look in the top left you can see the yellow bar that tells you how much force is being applied.

cheers but will it fix the exiting outta corners loose no feeling of road feeling because it feels fine until then these people made GSC why can they make that then need pluggins just to play this poorly developed game. (simracing) bs

cheers but will it fix the exiting outta corners loose no feeling of road feeling because it feels fine until then these people made GSC why can they make that then need pluggins just to play this poorly developed game. (simracing) bs
This plugin is to help you diagnose clipping. Most games need this sort of plugin if they dont already have a pedal overlay with the ffb on it.

You need to either follow someone elses settings or post your settings so people can guide you in the right direction to get the best feeling. Also don't forget that the feeling you desire is completely unique to you, the way others have their fbb setup may not be to your taste. This process can require a lot of fine tuning over a long period. Also don't forget that there are a lot of variables that can have an effect on the ffb feeling aswell.

This game isn't poorly developed but to get the most out of the ffb/physics you need to make some changes that really only require minimal effort.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back