rF2 Demo - G25 steering 'sloppy' and seems to have a deadzone

Connor Caple

Slowest Racer in Town...
I get the Logitech G25 up as normal (101/100/100) which works for rFactor, AC and Race07 but I'm getting a similar ingame issue to the one in R3E - sloppy steering.

In the rF2 Sim's setup the steering is on a linear response and works perfectly (the triangle starts to fill up instantly when you move the wheel off centre) but once in game on a test run the wheel feels dead in the middle by around 8 to 10 degrees either side of centre and lacks feedback in that area.

I've checked that all settings in and out of game have ZERO degrees of deadzone. I've restarted the game, restarted the PC, unplugged and re-inserted the G25, re-discovered the G25 and tried fiddling with the car specific feedback settings on the provided demo Civic between 1.0 to 1.50 whilst reducing the smoothing. Nothing seems to help - it just feels horrible.

My basis for comparison is obviously race 07 and Asetto Corsa, both of which work very well with tweaks to their setups.

Have any other G25 owners found a fix for this?

System:
AMD quad 4.2Ghz, HD8570 2Gb @ 1080p (or 720p, makes no difference), 8Gb RAM, 40" LED TV/Monitor on 'Game' setting running Windows 10 TP (and Windows 7 - tried both) with rF2 Demo build 860

thanks for everyones help i would really like to hear from someone who uses a fanatec v2 plays i racing Asetto corsa and GSC and can get same feeling with their wheel with all of these games including RF2 this is the only game that is causing havoc and i would also like too see a picture of some one who plays with triple monitors and has this game looking in perspective im using multiview monitors and it is a lot better than without it but you klnow it just aint right imo i know im asking a lot so i apologise this things drive me nucking futs

thanks for everyones help i would really like to hear from someone who uses a fanatec v2 plays i racing Asetto corsa and GSC and can get same feeling with their wheel with all of these games including RF2 this is the only game that is causing havoc and i would also like too see a picture of some one who plays with triple monitors and has this game looking in perspective im using multiview monitors and it is a lot better than without it but you klnow it just aint right imo i know im asking a lot so i apologise this things drive me nucking futs

Make sure you are not driving on a "green track". It's a common mistake. I did it too when i tried rF2 the first time (not to long ago).
Select a car and track and hit race: In most cases the car is just un-drivable, no feel with the road, etc. :sick:

Click here for more info about "Real Road" and how to get a good track to race at.

Little note:
AI made real roads are mostly a thin line which you need to follow. But it's a good starting point to begin with.
All of our servers are setup with a nice real road to start with and most members do practice on them. So this "rubber" line and marble build up are more spread out, making the track nice and drivable on race day. (@Howard ;))

thanks for that i will look last time i recall i had it set on real road, I just tested it and it was better but my issue i just found was ffb multi was not turned up enough so stuff all resistance was coming from wheel hopefully that helps others with that issue but i could only get road on light rubber preset and i couldnt pick med or high how do i fix that please

thanks for that i will look last time i recall i had it set on real road, I just tested it and it was better but my issue i just found was ffb multi was not turned up enough so stuff all resistance was coming from wheel hopefully that helps others with that issue but i could only get road on light rubber preset and i couldnt pick med or high how do i fix that please

Some other things you could check:

Difficulty settings:
- Make sure they are all turned OFF. Only use (if you want to) TC, ABS, Auto clutch, auto shift.

Fanetec wheel settings: (on the wheel itself)
- SEN: OFF (setting this to 900 or other value will override the game setting.)
- dampening: OFF (use the ingame "smoothing" if FFB is to jerky)
- centerspring: OFF
- FF: 100
- FOR: 100 - 150

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline