Resource icon

Misc RF AIW/CAM EDITOR WITH DEV FILES 2014-11-12

Login or Register an account to download this content
Last time I tried, I couldn't get it to work on steam or the old stand alone lite version. May be worth visiting steam rf 1 forum (if there is one).

Hi guys, the game doesnt start when I click on the AIW.exe!
All I get is this window:
SCE.jpg

I have placed both AIW and DEV folders in the Rfactor main one and also tried them on a clean rFactor install!!

Can someone post a screenshot of how they have installed it in order to work?

Thanks in advance:)

Hi guys, the game doesnt start when I click on the AIW.exe!
All I get is this window:
View attachment 278875

I have placed both AIW and DEV folders in the Rfactor main one and also tried them on a clean rFactor install!!

Can someone post a screenshot of how they have installed it in order to work?

Thanks in advance:)

Hi motoliser,

You are using a (excellent) third-party AIW Editor; not the official ISI Editor. I use Guitermaen's "RF_AIW_CAM_EDIT_4.22" to fine tune AIW files, but ISI's "rFactorAIWCAMEditor" or "Bob's Trackbuilder" (VERY elementary) is required to actually create a new AIW file.

I have attached a screen shot of my rFactor folder. Note that I downloaded and then unzipped "rf_DEVFILES.zip" into my rFactor folder; the editor will not launch unless both "rFactorAIWCAMEditor.exe" and "DEVFILES" exist in your rFactor folder.
rFactor-Folder.jpg

Here is a screen shot of ISI's AIW Editor interface as it appears on my rig. Note that the "Testing" button is the only way to open a track in the Editor.
RF-AIW-GUI.jpg

Below is a shot of one of the tracks that I built and successfully created a working AIW file. Green crosses indicate vectors for programmed AIW traffic (Grid points, Pit spots, track center line, etc.).
RF-AIW-@-RIR.jpg

Here is a capture of the same AIW file as it appears in "RF_AIW_CAM_EDIT_4.22".
AIW+CAMfile Editor.jpg

I have not tested ISI's Editor in Steam's version of rFactor and I have been unable to get it to work in Windows 10.

Last edited:
I have not tested ISI's Editor in Steam's version of rFactor and I have been unable to get it to work in Windows 10.

Amusingly, I've just bought a used WinXP computer for $50 for the specific purpose of running the ISI AIW editor and Kangaloosh carFactory. It's a Dell business computer with only a 300W power supply, so bought a new 600W power supply for $24 to power a surplus GTX 770 video card I have. Will try installing SCGT on the this computer for some more retro grins.

If it weren't for carFactory and SCGT, which absolutely don't run on newer Windows versions, it probably would be cheaper to just buy the Steam version of rF and find out if the ISI AIW editor will run on Win10.

I just tried to launch the ISI AIW Editor on my Windows 10 + Steam rig; NO JOY. I even renamed "rFactor AIWCAM Editor" to "rFactor.exe" and started Steam; nothing happened.

I have windows 10 with Steam rFactor and win 7 with ISI rF lite. I cannot get the rFactor AIWCAM Editor to even start on the steamrF, win 10 but it works (tried it for the first time this evening) in windows 7 with ISI rFactor lite.

:thumbsup: That is precisely why I run Win7 Pro (64) on my "editing" computer; my attached screen shots were captured on it, and my AIW files for rFactor, GT Legends, GTR2 and Race series were created with it.

My Dell computer runs with WINDOWS10 64bit. ISI rFactor (not Steam) runs on it without trouble. But rFactorAIWCAMEditor.exe (with DEVFILES folder) can't start. Some Japanese players say that for rFactorAIWCAMEditor, Win7 is OK, but 10 is not.

Does anyone know if you can add pit-lane paths to pit-boxes for the AI using Guitermaen's "RF_AIW_CAM_EDIT_4.22"?

For one of the tracks I downloaded, the AI cannot pull into the pit-box because no path is defined.

I tried added a way-point to the pit-box but it moved the existing pit-lane path as opposed to creating a new path to the pit-box. Does Guitermaen's program have the functionality I need? The 2nd image is an example of how the pit-lane should look.

1669720504344.png

1669720349592.png

As far as I know, ISI's "rFactorAIWCAMEditor" is still the only app that may be used to edit rFactor (1) AI paths.
Thanks. I use AIW CAM Editor 27 and GrooveEd 1.10 to edit existing AIW paths on Windows 10 and have successfully edited many AIW files using these programs, so I know they work.

I can't figure out how to properly set the pit-lane paths to pit-boxes using AIW CAM Editor 27 (GrooveEd 1.10 cannot be used for pit-lane paths)

Can you share your version of GrooveEd 1.10?

rFactorcentral cannot be contacted. I've tried to retrieve my password with no luck. I've tried to register a different account with no luck.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.