Released Renault Clio I

Try driving those things on the road for REAL, they aren't the fastest things on the planet and certaintly, if you need to use all 60 horses (60hp motor, thats what the DiET has, the Cléon is a woeful 49hp!), it will shift it....

.... if you really really throw down the accelerator!

As for the turning radius, its only 10m, enough to get out of my drive and go full lock(!) into the road in one manevour. They aren't known for their sliding abilities, even though I managed to slide my clio about as many times as I can count on one hand (all not deliberate, honest. :D ), as well as counting how many times I've locked the brakes as mine doesn't have ABS. For the size of the car and its low starting price, you can't complain really. Mine was quite cheap when I brought it, about £350 during the UK's scrappage scheme (January 2010) or the time when everyone were looking at old motors and thinking "£2000 off a brand new car! Oh yes please, but I have to scrap my old one. :(" and then I wonder how many manufacturers jacked the price up by £2k during that period?
I never complained about the power, infact I'm certain that it could out run my Mini (which has about 34hp). and I never complained about the turning circle, its the lack of ability it has to go around a corner without just plowing off. Because when I first downloaded it, I thought "a small french hatchback, this should be fun to toss around!". I like small underpowered hatchbacks because they can be a hoot to drive around.

...... its the lack of ability it has to go around a corner without just plowing off. Because when I first downloaded it, I thought "a small french hatchback, this should be fun to toss around!".

That is exactly how the real thing handles, you show it a corner and it goes in its French accent, "Do I take it or do I not? Sod it! I'll go in a straight line while the driver swears its head off!"

Apart from that, the brakes are always touchy, the real thing is much worse, blow on the pedal and you do stop from 60-0 in 2.5 seconds flat, its soo light, it tends to lift off a little from the ground over 90mph (according to a friend) and the steering is very touchy at speed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back