Renault 8 Gordini

Cars Renault 8 Gordini 0.84.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
thomasjohansen submitted a new resource:

Renault 8 Gordini - Mod refresh project

View attachment 657774
Original version 0.5 by @f1ligue in 2014

Beta v.0.80 "Mod 2023 refresh" by ThomasJohansen
Here is my "halfway status" release. It's a learning process, so going slow.
Plenty of stuff still needs to be fixed and modified, but it's driveable, and looking a lot better, so why not share it.
Most of the interior haven't been touched yet, see my todo...

Read more about this resource...

Great iconic car but the wheels were more outside and the rear wheels had a negative camber .The car here is the cup car and it's difficult to compare it to the Mini or the Cortina because they were not running together.Thanks

Great iconic car but the wheels were more outside and the rear wheels had a negative camber .The car here is the cup car and it's difficult to compare it to the Mini or the Cortina because they were not running together.Thanks
This is an old abandoned mod that Thomas has revived and is in the early stages of sprucing up.

I'm sure it's perfectly fine to post in the comments here, however if you have info that could help or would be able to contribute, I think possibly the best place might be the dedicated thread over at S397 forum. I don't wanna post links to other sites here but I can point you to it if you message me.

I don't mean to be bossy or finger waggy, I'm just trying to help. Sorry if my tone is unhelpful.

All the best. :)

@Denis Betty If you can't discuss about the mods uploaded on the site delete: Discussion of the banner.Now I know for sure.
@Ned hey buddy c'mon. OK You have not understood what I tried to say.

I'm sure it's perfectly fine to post in the comments here
Of course you can discuss the mod here. I was trying to help you understand why the mod is not finished. I was honestly trying to help you. I also tried to make it clear that I did not mean to tell you what to do.
I don't mean to be bossy or finger waggy, I'm just trying to help. Sorry if my tone is unhelpful.
I say again, please don't be offended.

Peace brother. :)

Hi Ned, I have not seen you comment until now. Thx for the feedback. I dont know which class this car is ment for, only thought it would somehow be comparable with the Mini, and might the Cortina. I'ts not my intention to tune the car heavily for track, trying to keep it as F1ligue ment it to be & what the specs of the car had at that time. Thou I tend to give a small touch of a 1970 track car. It does have negative camber, at the moment up to -3.6. I have read something about races in south africa where a Mr Porter had racing success with -4.6 camber, and maybe I will set that as a limit, but have not tested it yet with the new converted supension file. I'm not even sure if it should have slicks on. Beside all that, it's my first car mod, so this project takes time and alot of learning, I'm just glad I can revive this mod and wanted to share this work in progress for others to enjoy. - Thomas

Last edited:
thomasjohansen updated Renault 8 Gordini with a new update entry:

Updated suspension and made AI faster

The old suspension file is converted with redapg's fastastic tools.
Hopefully this have removed the unwanted instantly stopping faults. But I cant make up my mind if it also a lost some of it characteristics?

I finally found a way to tune the AI, and now they are quite faster, though still a bit slow starter.

Also alot of small improvements which I cant remember or list up here. At the moment I'm working a bit on the interior dash.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Ned, I have not seen you comment until now. Thx for the feedback. I dont know which class this car is ment for, only thought it would somehow be comparable with the Mini, and might the Cortina. I'ts not my intention to tune the car heavily for track, trying to keep it as F1ligue ment it to be & what the specs of the car had at that time. Thou I tend to give a small touch of a 1970 track car. It does have negative camber, at the moment up to -3.6. I have read something about races in south africa where a Mr Porter had racing success with -4.6 camber, and maybe I will set that as a limit, but have not tested it yet with the new converted supension file. I'm not even sure if it should have slicks on. Beside all that, it's my first car mod, so this project takes time and alot of learning, I'm just glad I can revive this mod and wanted to share this work in progress for others to enjoy. - Thomas
Thanks for your reply .The car was in fact a cup car and sold as a cheap sport car for young people as the Mini cooper was in these days.The cup car was 95hp DIN but in Group1 in these days it had no chance against Alfa Romeo or Ford so people turned them into Group2 with 130/135hp as the Mini was in the 1300 class.For me the R8 G cannot perform with the Mini in the game because it's a Group2 with 130hp ,the Cortina is 140hp in Group1 but 180hp in Group2.But these 3 cars are really the best way to recreate this era for young people of today.These were the cars we were dreaming of to have the impression to be a race driver...

Suspension update

- New suspension setup borrowed from a GTR2 R8 Gordini by Speedster63. It has been modified and adjusted by Chris "redapg" to fit rFactor2 and this car. I have then changed some parameters specific to fit this car's specs. Like removing front and rear wing. adding double fueltank and reduced brakedisc thickness. - It feels great, looking forward to get all your feedback.

Back to the old classic feeling

Updated, suspension to be less train like, and more back to its old classic feeling. It has that loose old steering feel, and a good amount of softness, yet it's easy to recover, and you can throw it into the corners. But unfortunately it has a little loose damper noise I can't find a fix for. Looking forward to hear if the FFB noise is acceptable.

details and category & class fix

v.0.82
- added multiple small details to exterior, like hood springs and side position indicators etc.
- Moved to subcategory of renault.
- made a more detail AI class name.
- small sound fixes.
- Added real historic livery names to those I could locate.
- wiper adjustment
- chrome details in dash.
- more fiddling with physics.
View attachment 675223

physics & livery update

Changes in version 0.84

Gearing
- Fixed minor ratio adjustments to fit historical data.
- Removed lowest final drive 6/29, since it is too fast and I couldnt find any historical documentation for this.
- Kept final drive 9/35 optional use for larger tracks, though also have no documentation for this.

Engine
- Small engine temperature fixes, to make it more vulnable to overheating.
- Will start to overheat at 110c and it will not last long when it's overheating.
- Big misshifts in...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes