Red Bull Confirms Honda Power for F1 2019

Why not take it out of equation altogether, make Formula 1 fairer, cheaper, much closer
battles. Rather then horsepower have it all about chassis and driver, that is what a constructors championship should be

Engine manufactures combined forces to make the Ultimate F1 engine, they still share the recognition and licence for technology for their road cars, whats the big deal.

Never happen Durge, the 'Corporate' mentalities have zero interest in making anything fair or cheaper.
Sharing technology for their road cars?
Doubt that would work either, their shareholders wouldn't wear that at all.
It's ALL about money mate.
:thumbsdown:

So either Red Bulls constant whining about the engine will cost them years in the midfield, or the Honda has actual potential and McLaren's the one with egg on their face.

It's gonna be a good and amusing time either way as a Ferrari fan. :D

Japanese never give up, and there tech level is much higher then the France!! RBR knows the data of the engines, they did compare and came to Honda. So I am positive.:thumbsup:
There is another story, the one who said that it was planned. Renault had to stop to work with TR after 2017 and with RB after 2018.
That's what said Abiteboul, so it's just a confirmation of what was planned.

The non official part of the story says that Renault stopped their cooperation before being really competitiv.
We will see next year if this is true.

Last edited:
I'm late for the party, but here is my 10 cents. I don't think they had any other alternatives. I truly hope for the best.

They have a better car design than McLaren, maybe they can help develop the engine even further.

McLaren was always blaming on the engine, which wasn't far from the truth, specially in terms of reliability, but even with a new engine they're struggling to perform as well as Renault and RBR, granted they're in their first year and still need to work around it and adapt and stuff.

Regardless, interesting times ahead.

Never happen Durge, the 'Corporate' mentalities have zero interest in making anything fair or cheaper.
Sharing technology for their road cars?
Doubt that would work either, their shareholders wouldn't wear that at all.
It's ALL about money mate.
:thumbsdown:

Yeah, I know it is a wish list p
I just can't help think of advantages vs disadvantage
Teams would still be able to develop in-house systems for their GT3 / road cars ?
Why should that scare shareholders when they also get access to the best F1 tech as well ?

Would be no more of teams with same engine helping factory teams by blocking or easy passes

Sure, it would be dearer for lower teams but that would be balanced by having as good as chance as anyone to win a title

Because 15th and 16th in the standings last year, 5 engines gone at Bahrain alone, multiple races not started because of engine issues, 15-20 kph down on the straights, that was better maybe ?

First year, Honda couldn't get it right. Second year, still didn't get it right. Third year, their performance and reliability was worse than year two. How many years McLaren were they going to wait until got their act together ?
Consider it this way. Your girlfriend cheats on you multiple times. How many times are you forgiving her ? With the girlfriend it would be like "i'll never cheat again", with Honda, it was always "it'll be better next year".
Honda came back to win, and last time I checked, they aren't exactly setting the world on fire this year either.

McLaren was getting free engines, and they still didn't get their money's worth.
I've seen delusional people with blinkers, but you are topping that.

The issue here, for me, is that McLaren's publicity machine put the blame squarely at Honda's door for the poor performance. 'If we had a decent engine we'd be getting podiums'.

But that has not happened. Since ditching Honda and moving to Renault - an engine that has won races in other cars - there's been little improvement and the French GP was yet another nadir for a once great team.

You have seen other (in your opinion) delusional people with blinkers? Well as it happens yes, so have I.

Let's start with respected BBC F1 editor Andrew Benson.

Andrew Benson said:
Self-evidently, then, one of two things can be concluded. Either last year's McLaren genuinely was that good, and they have made a dog's dinner of this year's car. Or McLaren's analysis of its own performance was as woeful as the car itself - and they made a dog's dinner of both machines. Most would plump for the latter.

Source https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/44590425

McLaren was getting free engines, and they still didn't get their money's worth.
I've seen delusional people with blinkers, but you are topping that.

So maybe it was just you and Eric Boullier who were the sane ones and the rest of us remain mad?

Although you'll have to include Zak Brown, Fernando Alonso and Gil de Ferran in that as they seem to have had a big part in the removal of Eric Boullier from the team.

And Eric was the one who claimed it was all down to the Honda engines.

Oh, and you.

So maybe it was just you and Eric Boullier who were the sane ones and the rest of us remain mad?

Although you'll have to include Zak Brown, Fernando Alonso and Gil de Ferran in that as they seem to have had a big part in the removal of Eric Boullier from the team.

And Eric was the one who claimed it was all down to the Honda engines.

Oh, and you.
Mind you, it can happen that a car gets worse from year to year. The McLaren is showing more and more that, after a decent start of the season.
Now, a few stats, after 9 races : Alonso is still in fight for "best of the rest", Toro Rosso with their superior engine has half the points of last year, and McLaren with their wrong move has 22 times more points (only) than last year.
Even the dumpster fire Williams has more points than McLaren last season.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.