Resource icon

Real Name Mod 2015 - Part 1 0.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
So I'm guessing you have to start a new campaign to get this to work, that's what I did. Looks pretty decent, although I notice that the splash screens for the teams still show the old names. Nevertheless, a good effort! And is that Mansell who is the new Roger, the tutorial guide?

A few spelling mistakes with a couple of F1 drivers.

Daniel Ricardo should be Daniel Ricciardo.
Daniil Kwjat should be Daniil Kvyat.

Also, team and driver nationalities are way out of whack in GP2 and Formula 3. F1 is mostly fine.
Also, playing as Fortec, one of their sponsors is named Apple but has the logo of vanilla sponsor "FluxBox"

EDIT: DAMS and Trident logos are swapped (as in DAMS has Trident's logo and vice versa).

Last edited:
I just saw this mod via Steam. I directly loved it, and downloaded the files, unpacked them and put the resources file in my steam directory. Unfortunaly it doesnt work. After the intro video where the man says, "its the final seconds before the race", comes a screen where normal text should be visible. This text isnt there but only purple highligting where the text normally would be. After that screen it quits :( I run motor sports on a mac, could that have something to do with it? Or am I overlooking something here? How you can help me out guys, really like this mod! Thanks already for an answer. (just as double check, the total unpack file is 708,1 MB, is that correct?)

I just saw this mod via Steam. I directly loved it, and downloaded the files, unpacked them and put the resources file in my steam directory. Unfortunaly it doesnt work. After the intro video where the man says, "its the final seconds before the race", comes a screen where normal text should be visible. This text isnt there but only purple highligting where the text normally would be. After that screen it quits :( I run motor sports on a mac, could that have something to do with it? Or am I overlooking something here? How you can help me out guys, really like this mod! Thanks already for an answer. (just as double check, the total unpack file is 708,1 MB, is that correct?)

Hmm, my file is 675MB (691528 KB). However, mods are in the experimenting stage at the moment, there are some that reports strange things, others have no issues at all.
That is is on MAC might be an issue, and it might not. But that's what we are here to find out. Have you replaced it with the original one, and then everything is nice again?

Yes, i put the old one back, and works normally again.
Hmm, my file is 675MB (691528 KB). However, mods are in the experimenting stage at the moment, there are some that reports strange things, others have no issues at all.
That is is on MAC might be an issue, and it might not. But that's what we are here to find out. Have you replaced it with the original one, and then everything is nice again?

Yup, I tired looking for a cache for the game in the meantime, didn't find anything. I was hoping that the game saved a cache, that could be deleted and thus fix the issue, but sadly I cannot find anything :/
Hmm, thats unfortunate. I hope you have more ideas, love to play "my" team and other known teams. I think ill will go to bed soon. But ill check this forum first thing tommorow in case you or any other people have any ideas. I am curious, do you know of any mac players where the mod did work? (and isn't it weird that the size of the files are totally different? I did try to unpack though with different unrar programs.

Hmm, thats unfortunate. I hope you have more ideas, love to play "my" team and other known teams. I think ill will go to bed soon. But ill check this forum first thing tommorow in case you or any other people have any ideas. I am curious, do you know of any mac players where the mod did work? (and isn't it weird that the size of the files are totally different? I did try to unpack though with different unrar programs.

To be honest, I have no idea if anyone here are playing on a mac, neither have I seen anything on the Steam forum that mac users having more issues that others.
The file size is weird and I have no idea why it is that way.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.