RDRC S8 Round 2 - Rally Sweden (13th - 19th February 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rally completed earlier in the week. Was happy with progress until a horrific stage somewhere in the middle - never recovered and had a messy second half. Was OK overall but sitting 14th in 4WD-... Hopefully its high enough to keep me in the points!
20170214221411_1.jpg
20170214221239_1.jpg

I'll be streaming my rally again tomorrow from start to finish.

We are going live at around 8:00 GMT. I'll post a link in this thread, tune in to see how Lancia Stratos fits between the snowbanks. (It doesn't)

SS13 done, with first roll of the event for me in 6th gear, lucky to miss the speccys, struggling with a sick car now, check engine light been on last 2 stages and in danger of overheating with radiator light on. Will see what my crew can do in the last service, but it's looking like trying to be smooth and steady for last 4 tomorrow with some really fast guys coming through aiming for top 15 finish as long as the battered Fiesta stays together.

Sweden Rally done and I'm satisfied how it went. 15 clean stages. But on stage 7 it went downhill. I flew straight into a snowbank and rolled two times! But I tried to forget the whole thing and start all over again. And it worked!
75e09e9c0b486029fa287f32f872e4be
4fbb38662a9732d89e533da375ef98d8
. Onboardvideo is on it's way! SS5. Norrskoga. Afternoon, Snow.

Just finished the final stage, pretty disappointed with how that went. Sweden is definitely my favourite location in the game but I just couldn't get much consistency going in the Lancia S4 monster for this rally. When it all came together (only a handful of the stages) it was very quick and I was able to get a few good times in, but ultimately it was too much of an unpredictable square car to finely control and I had many spin offs in the snowbanks, even hitting a spectator on the last of the longer stages. :(
Hopefully I'll still get in the points and the next round goes a bit better. :)

Handful of spins and two CFH's later I made it to finish. Currently sitting in top-10 in class but I will probably slip out when everyone finishes.

The pace was mostly good but too many mistakes cost me probably close to two minutes. There should be one or two top-5 stage times so with a bit more consistency I'll be a lot closer to the top :)

Well, 2nd event, 2nd time Dirt Rally and Oculus have conspired to screw me. At the start of the next stage after saving, Oculus starts in theatre mode and even though I have a saved game it is impossible to quit try again (you just lose all of your stages, despite them being on the server) or even adjust the graphics settings to kick into action... So DNF for me, I don't see that I'll ever have the time to play 17 stages through in one sitting... was super happy with my times too.

Take it easy I said. Keep it on the road I said.

SS1: Two spins

Fuuuuuuuuu

I have been checking the results constantly to see when you were gonna drive and beat my times.

Was really surprised when i found your name so far down in the standings last night, but now i know why.

Had two spins myself on ss2, but then managed to keep myself on the road for the rest of the rally. (Exept for one very quick and very lucky roll)

I have been checking the results constantly to see when you were gonna drive and beat my times.

Was really surprised when i found your name so far down in the standings last night, but now i know why.

Had two spins myself on ss2, but then managed to keep myself on the road for the rest of the rally. (Exept for one very quick and very lucky roll)

I didn't stop there. I've had one more spin that made me reverse and one high speed spin that basically was a 360, only lost a couple of secs there.

To be fair I don't think I would have been close to you without those. I just don't feel any confidence in Sweden with the 306.

The 306 seems faster on tarmac but the Ibiza performed great on loose surfaces. Just like in real life ;)

Driving in anger doesn't really help through the snowbanks either :/
Huh? Anger? Judging from your profile pic, I had imagined you as a really chilled kinda guy ;)

Sweden is not looking good for me. Practice has been meh - felt quick, but times said otherwise. Norraskoga - jeez, what a workout, frantically steering to catch all of the twitches before hitting the snowbanks. And then I'm like 30 seconds off the pace? :confused:
Hmm. Unless the stock setup for the Fiesta RS is truly awful, I think I'm simply not quite getting Sweden. You know you're missing something when the Kadetts are faster than your WRC car!
I installed my new monitor yesterday. I had thought (ha!) that 1920x1080 would help me out, compared with 1280x1024 but actually I'm slower! :(
Being off sick from work (no, really :)) for the last few days has also not helped - driving angry is bad, and driving unwell is also perhaps not ideal. I'm looking for excuses here, people - maybe my wheel is spiking too much, maybe it's my GPU not quite coping. I'm having to conclude so far though that it's basically my driving...
The only good news is that my new fibre broadband hasn't got in the way - it has been flawless :D
I'm still hoping to do the rally later today; still feeling rubbish but gotta be done, even if it's one long sweaty stint and twenty minutes off the pace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back