RDRC S8 Round 1 - Rally Monte-Carlo (23rd - 29th January 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My SS12 was pretty good as I remember ;) first one under 7 minutes :)
20170123215434_1.jpg

Monte Carlo complete and happy enough. I wanted a consistent clean rally and until the last stage (where I lost 15 seconds trying to "finish strong"... :mad:) that's what I got. Can't wait to see how the rest of 4WD- pans out!
#53 snaking through the mountains in SS1:
20170125000047_1.jpg

Well, it's all over for me after Stage 12 - I slid behind a wall and onto a snowbank which mean my car was unrecoverable. Disappointing end to my rally but it was great fun up until that point, even if I was slowest so far! :D

DaddoZ - MSport Ford Fiesta RS WRC

My Montecarlo is over, i stayed all the rally around 4th-5th overall. It was very difficult find a good rythm, a had a spin on a harpin on ss2 that cost me around 10 seconds. Very safe driving on long stage but i had a stupid puncture on ss16 without any touch and i lost 2 minutes. I'm dropped down from 4th to 8th so far and i finished the rally in this position, very disappointing.
Thank you to racedepartment staff for a beautiful roadbook and sorry my english, but i'm italian :D

DaddoZ - MSport Ford Fiesta RS WRC

My Montecarlo is over, i stayed all the rally around 4th-5th overall. It was very difficult find a good rythm, a had a spin on a harpin on ss2 that cost me around 10 seconds. Very safe driving on long stage but i had a stupid puncture on ss16 without any touch and i lost 2 minutes. I'm dropped down from 4th to 8th so far and i finished the rally in this position, very disappointing.
Thank you to racedepartment staff for a beautiful roadbook and sorry my english, but i'm italian :D
Ah man, sorry for saying this but.. why couldn't you lose 8 more seconds? :mad::cry::rolleyes:

Numerous spins later I made it to the finish line! Pace was mostly good, a few seconds slower than the leading 2WD- drivers on most stages but the mistakes probably cost me combined at least a minute.
Best stages were the ones with dry tarmac - I think I might have a shot to finish in top-3 on some of them but the night and wet stages were mostly horrible :D

Nevertheless I'm happy with the result as I did very little practice for this event. Hopefully there'll be some points for me at the end of the week!

Got sat down and did the first six stages last night.

Stage 1 went OK, was a little nervous and struggled to get into a rhythm but kept it clean. Stage 2 did not go as well. Had a spin on a fast section and was lucky to come away from it with my light intact! :O_o: was still driving nervously and not fully concentrating on the stage. The 037 punishes you if your mind wanders :(
The plus side to the spin was it allowed me to calm down and find a rhythm! with the spin out the way, I could just enjoy the drive and forget about the competition :)

Stage 3 went without much issue, but stage 4 was slippy as hell! I was pleased to get that out the way.
Stages 5 & 6 went well enough, a few moments, but nothing you don't expect with the 037 on Monte ;)

For those interested in watching my first 6 stages, I've linked it to the racetube channel here
http://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/rdrc-monte-carlo-037-stage-1-6.23526/

I'll hopefully do the rest tonight :)

Well that went quite well for me :)

Every stage I was consistently around 15 or less seconds off the fastest time, getting within 1.5 seconds of nabbing the quickest time in the last two stages which was a good finish for my rally. Only had two major mistakes which probably only cost me about 12 seconds or so, going deep at one of the hairpins and having a little off through a slow right hander.

Other than that it was pretty clean sailing for me, getting quicker and quicker as the stages went by and I got more used to the sections of the stages I went through.

Currently sitting 3rd just over 2 minutes off the fastest time so I'm pretty satisfied with that, hopefully a points result can be achieved but will have to see once everyone else has done their runs :)

God damnit, completely overcooked it in the last fast left before you reach the ice on the final part of the stage of Pra D'Alart 2 and had to ask the spectators to help me up, almost had a retirement there but luckily managed to place the car with it's belly on the edge against the stone brideparafist (or whatever you call those things...) and could continue.

My chances at a podium went there and then but had a fantastic run on the final stage, no misstake (apart from a bog down on the ice) and went around 15 seconds faster than @Krister Johansson in his Opel, didn't compare myself with Kieran but it was by far the fastest I've gotten through that stage, blasted my Kadett record out of the water.

Will have to melt the feeling of messing up for myself before I write anything else but @Kieran Poole , if you do win, big congratulations and well earned, you gained time on me on every stage, only a few tenths on some but you were still faster.

But it does give me hope, Monaco is probably my worst, apart from Germany, Rally of the Season so it should be looking good for the 2wd- situation :)

God damnit, completely overcooked it in the last fast left before you reach the ice on the final part of the stage of Pra D'Alart 2 and had to ask the spectators to help me up, almost had a retirement there but luckily managed to place the car with it's belly on the edge against the stone brideparafist (or whatever you call those things...) and could continue.

My chances at a podium went there and then but had a fantastic run on the final stage, no misstake (apart from a bog down on the ice) and went around 15 seconds faster than @Krister Johansson in his Opel, didn't compare myself with Kieran but it was by far the fastest I've gotten through that stage, blasted my Kadett record out of the water.

Will have to melt the feeling of messing up for myself before I write anything else but @Kieran Poole , if you do win, big congratulations and well earned, you gained time on me on every stage, only a few tenths on some but you were still faster.

But it does give me hope, Monaco is probably my worst, apart from Germany, Rally of the Season so it should be looking good for the 2wd- situation :)
Thank you :) It'll be interesting to see how the season pans out as a whole :)

Just finished the rally hard push on the ss17 managed to pass racenetnames: pigloaf @edgenz ? and 35. K Johansson for p16. No major mistakes only on ss15 slid wide and the hit the wall. Really happy with the result will see how the rest does over the next couple of days. Great rally. Thx @Ole Marius Myrvold @Michael Nelson and @Jack Hintz for setting up this championship I really enjoy "competing" with some of the best drivers in DiRT Rally

Day 2 over for me. Day 1 was pushing, i love monte.. one of the best rallies in the world.. i just wish we will someday have simulator where you can't just drive again and again and again the same stages to learn where it's slippery and where's not. Subaru handled the first day very well. I think i was around top 5. Second day started normal.. no issues, was keeping it safe but still pushing a bit.. managed to hit a guardrail that gave me puncture on last stage before midday service that dropped me a bit and slosh filled 2 stages to end the day were just driving it to home.. As it stands at the end of Day 2, im on a look out for issues to the top guys to gain places, some like Konstantinos and Grmowsky are in striking distance still so will try on next days long stages to strike... See you around Boooyz

Tommi Ojala
Team Manager and Driver of Team Winland

Just ended day 2.
Had a decent start of the Rally just lost a lot of time on 1 stage with a spin.
But man the guy up front is quick!
Last stage of day 2 I finished 1.8 sec from 1st which is an awesome achievement :)

edit: Crashed out of the rally on SS10 after a snow bank threw me into the trees :(

Last edited:
I almost get as much adrenaline as when I compete IRL! Was so damn nervous on the start of SS1.

Just ended day 2. SS1 and SS2 I pushed and was happy with my times. SS3 was a total disaster with lots of mistakes. Backed of a bit on SS4-SS6. I just don't have any confidence on the snow with the 306.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes