RDRC S4 Round 4 - Ulster Rally (5th - 8th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Mulholland - HH_Dmm - EU3

(Senad, no answer from Rick as yet, but I will sign him up here just in case. Hard rally for both of us, hes fixing his hi-lux and no practise and im trying to practise for the first time since last race with day 2 of what i suspect will be a 3 day hangover. Im 43 tomorrow, hence the old-age bad hangovers. Those of you under 30 will not realise about the multi day hangovers, but believe me you will... eventually)

Those of you under 30 will not realise about the multi day hangovers, but believe me you will... eventually)

Im not even 20 yet but I`ve had this once. It was a really long friday when I helped my oncle to build up a wood shed and we had to "warm-up" as the evening was starting to freeze us.. not that it ended with the "warming-up" part.. I guess it never stops there..Either way I started to feel normal only at the next tuesday, monday was completely useless not to mention saturday and sunday :X So I already know how you feel. I hope I wont have these long hangovers for plenty of years anymore.

Get better :p

SS1 - Took it slow with no practice I'm just shooting to finish all the stages. Decent run...
SS2 - Slid out twice, managed not to hit and finished strong.
SS3 - Good run I thought but, clearly not as fast as the top guys. They are putting up great time.

SS4 - I attacked but to no avail ... Def a solid run an am happy with how I'm driving so far.
SS5 - Another good run, did a small spin but didn't loose much time.. the down hill parts really mess with me :D (what a close race at between Magnar and Fernando.. 00.57 part! :confused:
SS6 - Retired...
SS7 - Good Stage I love how easy the car can slide.

SS8 - I missed where it transitions off the circle and had to turn around but besides that good run for sure.
SS9 - Two crashes one leaving the car knocking at me, something I have yet to hear in this game.
SS10 - Bad run since the car was a little messed up...

SS11 - Retired... well I guess this is where my rally ends. Two retires and and a but load of mistakes... I need to start practicing for these things.. lol! I had fun none the less.. off to the golf coarse.

Well i have only had RBR for a few weeks and didnt practice as much as i should of to learn all the stages but that was just awful.. Hopefully next rally i finish more stages :whistling:
I think this might actually be the hardest rally of the season, so it's just an unfortunate choice of your first one :D

Next round should be a nice snow rally, you should do much better there.

In the meantime, I can recommend joining some club rallies if you can; good practice and game experience.

I think this might actually be the hardest rally of the season, so it's just an unfortunate choice of your first one :D

Next round should be a nice snow rally, you should do much better there.

In the meantime, I can recommend joining some club rallies if you can; good practice and game experience.

Should be able to join some soon as a league i run only has 1 race left in its current season :)

SS1 - Didin´t practice these Japaneese stages but my time was quite good.
SS2 - Nice stable run, no mistakes.
SS3 - Nice run but I wasn´t very confident on the fast parts of the track.
SS4 - Nice run, minor mistakes. (similar times with Jeff Feaker, too bad he crashed later, this could be interesting)
SS5 - Ok.
SS6 - Few mistakes, wasn´t pushing very hard.
SS7 - Funny stage but I went off-road on a medium left. That grass is veery slippy...
SS8 - Stable run, trying not to make a mistake.
SS9 - Ok. Again I wasn´t quite confident on the fast parts...
SS10 - Nice stage, stable run.
SS11 - Minor mistake on the second to last corner, had to reverse a bit...
SS12 - Huge moment on the fast corner. Car went sideways at160 kph but I SOMEHOW managed to stay on the road. Only damged suspension a bit but not a big deal. After this I lost all of my confidence so the rest of the stage was very nervous...
SS13 - Minor mistake, nice run anyway.
SS14 - Went off-road again on this track. (But Magnar had to make a huuge mistake there judging by his time).

Anyway, very nice rally with good choice of stages, thanks!

SS1 and SS2 - Barely practiced the japan stages as they are smooth, slower and short. Took these courses and most all others at about 90% due to the unpredictability of the tarmac surface and my limited testing time.
SS3 - took this one a little faster as I am more familiar with it and paid the price. Hit a small tree thanks to getting bucked off the road on a very sharp bump. My windshield was smashed but I was very close to the end and able to limp back without losing a lot of time.
SS4-SS5 - Same deal, similar times.
SS6 - Took more slowly than the first time around and it paid off with a clean run and a slightly better time.
SS7 - Botched the first turn lost in the hay rolls, completed the rest of the course flawlessly to get a disappointing time in the end.

SS8 - Love this course for as hard as it is. Completed in decent time and without incident.
SS9 - Hate tarmac mod on this course. Random nearly invisible bumps at high speed tend to throw the car halfway to France. Knowing that I took it at about 75% and finished without incident.
SS10 - Hate falstone no matter what. Spun in the high speed section, gathered the car, dropped it into first, spun again on my takeoff. Lost buckets of time.
SS11 - Same deal only faster. Under 6 minutes for me for the first time.
SS12 - Same deal as before, identical time.
ss13 - Took the fast section slow, the slow sections fast, made it to the finish only to roll over after the finish line, possibly affecting my car for the final stage.
SS14 - Thought I nailed it only to get my time and realize I was well off my practice pace. Maybe lingering problems from the roll or maybe I was just stuck in slow mode tonight.

Not at all a fan of tarmac mod but another clean rally for me. Last time that meant a class win. Eagerly awaiting results.

That my friends was an awesome rally! If not a little intense. You really have to try stay 100% focused the whole way through, because this is not the easiest of rallies. Having said that though, I must admit....I loved this event, great choice of stages!

In the US3 session that I ran there was only 3 of us, and the others were in Production cars so I couldn't really compare my times with theirs. But pretty much all the stages felt good, and I improved every stage time on the 2nd run through, if only by a small margin. And set a good few PB's in the process. Most importantly I'm happy to say I have made no mistakes....few moments aside. :whistling:

I had time to get a proper recce in, just 1 run through each stage before starting the rally. And the feeling was good. I started off a little cautious, but I found a good rhythm early on in the rally...by stage 3 I think. And I have managed to push the rest of the way to the finish, but I was sensible so as not to make mistakes. However the very last stage, I did infact make a minor mistake and damaged the steering. But I only lost a few seconds to my first run, but it was a wild ride! My favourite stage this rally has to of been Bergheim, 2nd run through felt perfect...only to imrpove by 1 second to my first run. :cool:

Probably my best rally so far in the RDRC. I would love to see my first ever overall podium here, but I think realisticaly with some of the new talented drivers that have joined us, and the old veterens...it is always going to be difficult. :D

As always, big thanks for organising the event. A very enjoyable rally! Eagerly awaiting the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes