RDRC S4 Round 4 - Ulster Rally (5th - 8th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question... I've been having problems with RSRBR and it's pesky "server time". No matter what I'm not able to set it to my actual time zone (GMT-7). So... can someone help me there?

Well, server time is... the time of the server :). GMT+2. Not sure you can change that, and why would you want to? Then it would simply be a clock, which you already have on the bottom right of your screen :p

Although, I'm GMT+2 too, so I might be missing something.

In any case, if you can join online sessions without issues, you're set.

Well, server time is... the time of the server :). GMT+2. Not sure you can change that, and why would you want to? Then it would simply be a clock, which you already have on the bottom right of your screen :p

Although, I'm GMT+2 too, so I might be missing something.

In any case, if you can join online sessions without issues, you're set.

I'm GMT -7 but when i change it it changes my pc clock too... oh well i'm able to join so i'll figure this out after this round

Have you set up your timezone offset in RSCenter/Settings ?
You need to set your timezone under GMT/UTC, I'm guessing you need -7 there. After setting it there, you can check it by going into Public Sessions, hitting the "Display Server Hour" and checking that it lines up with your PC clock time. If you have the setting offset wrong, it will change your PC Clock time.

Have you set up your timezone offset in RSCenter/Settings ?
You need to set your timezone under GMT/UTC, I'm guessing you need -7 there. After setting it there, you can check it by going into Public Sessions, hitting the "Display Server Hour" and checking that it lines up with your PC clock time. If you have the setting offset wrong, it will change your PC Clock time.

Ok thanks I'll take a look sometime this weekend when I'm back from my flight.

So... it appears I'm the first one on stage.... (fairly lonely stint for me :)) God what a horrendous rally I had. Absolutely atrocious... I guess this is what I get for not practicing Bergheim...

Shouldn't be difficult for those in my class to beat me :) Went a little wide in Pirka and hit a tree... destroyed my car full stop. Then retired from both Bergheim stages because I under-estimated how uneven the road was. Went off multiple times before my gearbox decided to quit. Also embarrassingly spun out in one of the RSI 3 runs.

I'll be very surprised if i finish well at all this time around.... oh well.

There are many bumpy stages. :sneaky:
However, I'm interested to see how the RWD guys are going to get around RSI 3 (without a handbrake). :whistling:

Yeah thats a good point. Also Bergheim, which I like to call " the handbrake is essential...... heim"
I think Tanner is the worst for the bumps, the other stages you can kind of learn where the bad bumps are.

My theory about NOT practicing worked, the least ammount of retired stages this season - achieved. Still room to grow for next rallies (in the retirement section :p )

But now I know for sure that Im better off with no practices what so ever, makes me go slower and crash less.

I`ll add the report of my rally later on. :)

A question about the bergheim stage. It is possible to run to the right in the first roundabout and onto the rest of the stage, instead for go left and round the first part 2 times as it is supposed to do. It is possible to see this on the first split. I expect that we will be running in the way that the pacenotes say?

A question about the bergheim stage. It is possible to run to the right in the first roundabout and onto the rest of the stage, instead for go left and round the first part 2 times as it is supposed to do. It is possible to see this on the first split. I expect that we will be running in the way that the pacenotes say?
I haven't tried it yet myself, but it's safe to assume that pacenotes should be followed, yes :)

This reminds me of Eckhart on Versme last season. Skip to 4:50 :D

When i go right it pops up saying wrong way though :S

The indicated length for Bergheim is 7.8 km, so anyone finishing with a time below 5 minutes has taken an illegal shortcut :geek:

Yeah, I guess thats what happened in the OC session today. Someone (I think it was Javier De Diego) with N14 Prodrive did it in 4:58 or something. Then I started to think that maybe he went right in the first lap already because our split 1 times had about 1 minute difference.

SS1 - Went good, with a few fear, but well.
SS2 - Training I went out so many times so I try to finish without damage to push in SS3. I did, and better than I expected.
SS3 - Also so good, I feel a great car which made all I want. Only one scare in a slow corner, I went so fast and I went outside the tarmac.
Service
SS4 - Went good, I run a bit more than in SS1 so to happy.
SS5 - The same as SS4, I was a bit faster than SS2.
SS6 - I was doing a perfect rally, but here in the same corner as SS3 I hit something (i don't see what, but I hit something) and the car was too damage, but I continue.
SS7 - The car was broken and I did some spins...
Service
SS8 - It was so good, more than I expected, but when left two corners I lost the control and I hit the wall... I can't continue.
SS9 - Went so fast, only a few scare but without damage.
SS10 -The same as SS9, I love those stages.
Service
SS11 - Well, better than SS8, I finished without damage.
SS12 - The same as SS9 but with a spin, but I only lost 1s. comparing with SS9.
SS13 - A did a mistake, I lost the car and I did a spin and I damage the car (the direction), but I finished.
SS14 - The same as SS7, I did some mistakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 388 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 262 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 183 7.7%