RDRC S4 Round 4 - Ulster Rally (5th - 8th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOH...

*After a blistering last Super Stage, the Lancer Evo X reaches the service point after the rally*

*Roy Magnes is walking over to get an interview after TEM's misfortune on Shepperd's Shield*

RM: "David. I take it you are rather disappointed with the performance?"

DJ: "Funnily enough, not really. There were some spins approaching hairpins, but driving wise it would have been okay. We even beat some big WRC's I think."

RM: "We heard the 2nd run on Shepperd's Shield II was the turning point in favour of Ross McGregor, yes?"

DJ: Definately. We ran quite fast over a bridge, turning for a right hand corner into a 90° left. But we were a little too fast, and approached THAT BUSH. It was made of CONCRETE. a CONCRETE BUSH. Have you ever heard of something like that?"

RM: "Not really since the President has changed in the States, no. So that's where you had tor retire?"

DJ: "Sadly yes. It was head-to-head with Ross until that point, and we continued to swap who was ahead after the crash. Just +5 minutes in total, quite disappointing. In shakedown, I either ran straight ot got the corner, but then suddenly a tiny bush ends our hopes. Well, it can't be changed now."

RM: What about the rest of the rally? Any other problems to report?"

DJ: "Yeah. Falstone II was a bit of a pain."

*Saki Miyazaki approaches*

SM: "The roadbook was strange. Unlike the other stages where the timing was perfect, we were given a write-up that was a tad wrong and called out turns with off-timing."

DJ: "I don't like trying to make a light right into a hard right mid-corner with the handbrake."

SM: "You certainly don't. So David focused for this stage rather on the road ahead than on the road book I read out.

DJ: "Sorry, nothing against you." SM: "Haven't said anything, it's okay.":p

RM: "Anything else?"

DJ: "YES! I had to be rolled back on the road twice by spectators as some dumb marshalls/photographers sat to close to the turns or stood on the outside of them were I can get with understeer. For god's sake, FECK OFF guys, If you don't want me to run over your sorry asses!":mad:

RM: "Oh, certainly a tough rally for you then."

DJ: "Certainly so."

SM: "Can we "certainly" stop now with that same word, please?"

RM+DJ: "CERTAINLY!"

RM: "So, would you take a podium if you could get one?"

DJ: "Why sure. If I can fend off Graham and Norbert. But I guess my pace was lacking, and with my retired stage, I won't be much faster than them."

SM: "My female instincts tell me we will win soon enough this season, at least once. The pace is there, now we just need the luck to get it together for once."

DJ: Female instincts? Okay, if you say so..."

SM: "Don't mock me." - DJ: "I don't do that."

RM: "Well, that's all we have time for, thanks for the interview and good luck in the next rally, which is the Kouvola-Auto Ralli!

DJ+SM: "Thank you."

I win in terms of media reports:p Can I have some SS wins please?

Catastrophic event for me. Bergheim is such an awesome stage, but it is absolutely hopeless to finish in a championship event.
I can describe my event in two words: plain awful :p
so the race report:

ss01 - Slow and steady. Slippery as if it was wet :p
ss02 - Almost understeered myself into retirement several times.
ss03 - Faster than the previous ones, but not confident enough to go flat out.

ss04 - A bit more on the attack, but still too defensive.
ss05 - Even more on the attack. Starting to build confidence.
ss06 - Grip! Enjoyed this one, felt good :)
ss07 - No stage for an S2000, need more torque at the bottom. Had to reverse at some point.

Day 1 - Satisfied with the run, keeping it steady in the middle of the road.

ss08 - And then it was over... Almost done with the stage, clipped a rock or something with the right rear wheel
slow in 2nd gear, the car turned and hit another rock with the nose and the engine died. Realistic like nothing else...
ss09 - Was thrown off the road 3 times, incredible how nothing got damaged!
ss10 - Spun halfway through and had to reverse. Ner the end I slid off the road and bent a wheel.

ss11 - Drifted wide in the very final corner of the stage and rammed the sign. Awesome stage, but impossible to drive in a championship event :p
ss12 - Felt awfully slow, the air has gone out of the balloon...
ss13 - Did not feel that good, but the time is nice :)
ss14 - Again a useless performance due to the lack of turbo. But made it through, at least :)

Not my best of events with that double hit at Bergheim, but that's life. Hopefully I can come back in a menacing way the next round, should suit me better with snow :)

Well... that went badly.

Mainly retiring SS6 which was my only good stage until a bush (not the bush) jumped out into the road and wrote off my mini. That said a few stages later I went hurtling sideways into the trees at 90mph on chirdonhead with no damage done. Second last stage I did the suspension in on one of the bridges which allowed for me to have some real good fun in RSI3... :(

I didn't like these stages. I look forward to the next rally.

Oscar.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Driving EU4 is quite cool, the results come fresh after the driving! But sadly for me I will lose my single point for 10th place as I in fact did retire on ss11 (and did not set the fastest time as the table says, boy that would have been quite an achievement!)

Report following soon. Really enjoyed the rally despite no driving since Round 3, the stages were amazing! Thanks to all the organising team for setting up the event :thumbsup:

Driving EU4 is quite cool, the results come fresh after the driving! But sadly for me I will lose my single point for 10th place as I in fact did retire on ss11 (and did not set the fastest time as the table says, boy that would have been quite an achievement!)
Aw, just when I was feeling pleased with myself :D. My mistake, going to correct it now.

Well I'm happy ish with (provisional) 3rd 2WD and 31st overall, with a few fastest times in class thrown in!

Need to work on not getting DNF's, my big weakness! and hope to improve for next time!

Thanks
Sion

Production's a lot more competitive than I anticipated. Only had good pace at Chirdonhead but that's the only stage where I didn't make massive mistakes. Looking forward to the next one. Thanks RDRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes