RDRC S4 Round 4 - Ulster Rally (5th - 8th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't expect that result! 1st in production and 7th overall. How the f**k did I manage that, especially with losing a minute on the first Falstone?

Well chuffed with that one, if I hadn't lost a minute I would have been 6th overall. It's all downhill from here though, I can't see myself reproducing that result again. I expect I'll be taken back to school when get on to the loose surfaces.

Very bad result and 1 DNF for my fault, the other was because of my sh...ttt antivirus (avast):mad: , it keeps send me notifications to the desktop even when i put to not make notifications. In the first special was the first one and the other in the 6th, the game closes automaticly... god damn it avast!!!:mad::mad: The other DNF was my fault, in the last bridge of Falstone i´ve entered to fast...:) In resume a few (lot) mistakes and the DNF´s togheter must me put problable in the last place of the 2WD...
Maybe the next rally will be bether... ;):)

Congratulations Fernando, great result and some excellent times there. Your Bergheim runs were very impressive. :thumbsup:
A very close battle with Magnar until his last stage, but at least it didn't cost you P2 in the end Magnar. Well done.
Nice result for Martin, pity it doesn't get you any points since you missed the sign-up and drove an unregistered car. Great times though. ;)

Special commendation for Craig, you get the moral (maybe technically correct?) podium you hoped for, since Martin's points won't count. Well done mate, you just keep getting better.
Very unlucky result for Dudo, a top set of times spoiled by only one DNF at Bergheim, if only hey. :rolleyes:

I see some very impressive results from the Production class cars too, pushing the faster WRC cars in many stages. Good driving Ricardo, Alisdair, Ross, and Paul.

I enjoyed my run in the Evo, but the tarmac is not my favourite surface, I'm happier on the slippery stuff. However, this was a nicely designed set of tarmac stages with plenty of variety and most challenging. Probably almost impossible for the RWD guys though.

Thanks to Rick and Senad for their organisation. :cool:

I didn't expect that result! 1st in production and 7th overall. How the f**k did I manage that, especially with losing a minute on the first Falstone?

Well chuffed with that one, if I hadn't lost a minute I would have been 6th overall. It's all downhill from here though, I can't see myself reproducing that result again. I expect I'll be taken back to school when get on to the loose surfaces.

Lol, i thought i had a great run... until i saw your times! Ah well, at least it was a fellow Scot doing the business up front!

I enjoyed my run in the Evo, but the tarmac is not my favourite surface, I'm happier on the slippery stuff. However, this was a nicely designed set of tarmac stages with plenty of variety and most challenging. Probably almost impossible for the RWD guys though.

Thanks to Rick and Senad for their organisation. :cool:

Agreed. Bergheim was especially a very nice stage to look at, as well as drive on. And to a relative newbie to RBR i thought the Tarmac mod stages were a whole lot better to run on than the 'Normal mod' Tar stages. The car just feels a bit more planted for some reason, hence why i stayed on the road a tad more often than the last round...

Agreed. Bergheim was especially a very nice stage to look at, as well as drive on. And to a relative newbie to RBR i thought the Tarmac mod stages were a whole lot better to run on than the 'Normal mod' Tar stages. The car just feels a bit more planted for some reason, hence why i stayed on the road a tad more often than the last round...

I feel exactly the opposite from you but for the same reasons. To me it feels like the converted stages have way too much grip---so much that it makes the car incredibly jerky and unstable. Any time you land the car at an awkward angle or hit a pothole crookedly, it instantly grabs the road and forces you to go that way. Any time you manage to break the rear out of line at high speed, it instantly catches the road and my counter steering throws me off the outside of the track. I struggled quite a bit on the converted stages, resulting in my going into tortoise mode to keep out of a tree. To me the handling characteristics on default tarmac stages are much more predictable and, although I've never had the opportunity to shred up the rural one lane roads in a WRX in real life (alas, some day), natural and realistic.

Glad to be third in Production and to snag the last overall point in consecutive events. The Stayin' Alive strategy is paying off.

With no practise I just wanted to have some fun driving, and I did indeed!

ss1: A sunday drive, among many fellow portuguese drivers (needless to say I was last of the pack throughout). Tanner II seems much easier to me on tarmac than on gravel, but again might just be because I was driving so slowly. And at the end there was a moose! Had never seen it before!
ss2: Decided to push just a little, and that immediately resulted in braking with a wheel on the grass. Plowed on just to stop a few centimeters from a tree. That was enough really, no more risks, so the stage time was really bad.
ss3: Not so much behind this time, but still very cautious.

Back to service with an undamaged car, happy so far.

ss4: Slightly faster than the first pass, but still very slow compared to the other drivers.
ss5: This time no moments, but I get scared of the downhill sections so in some of them I did not even dare to put the foot on the gas (read "press the W key")
ss6: It had to happen eventually. Decided to give it some juice on the straight over the crest, but got too cautious on the way down and braked more than I should have. The rears lost traction and the car swapped ends and sent me right into the fence: engine K.O.!
ss7: Well now with a fresh car, had a top 3 stage time in the session for a stage I had never done before I believe. It helped to bring back some motivation after the crash. Hit a wall of tyres but not heavily.

End of day 1, very happy with my performance up until this point, looking forward for the second leg.

ss8: Lag just kicked in yo! (luckily just on this stage). Despite that I managed to keep it on the road and did not do anything silly. But on the very last portion of the stage, getting back to the main road, went into the field and damaged my radiator, but was happy to finish.
ss9: Fixed the radiator on the road section, it was just the cap that got loose. I knew that if I went crazy on this stage I'd be on the trees in no time, so drove quite conservatively. But on 300 straight with a jump before the 3 left I could not resist from going flat out, so I got some big air! Managed to brake for the corner as well, but soon afterwards got caught in the rut in the middle of the road and flipped the car badly, getting a lot of suspension damage at the rear I believe.
ss10: Drove with patience in order to not let the car spin out of my hands, but still managed the server's 3rd time.

Luckily it was back to service and the car got fixed, so I was ready for a final set.

ss11: No lag now, but I am SO smart that I decided to flip my screen slightly while driving instead of pressing pause. Well the rest is shameful. And it starts in R and ends in etirement after the first corner.
ss12: Same approach, big air through the jump, and escaped the ruts this time. Was pushing a bit and had a few misses, some note quite that missed since I lost my door hitting a tree. But the car kept strong and managed to drive me through more moments! Very eventful stage, a lot of fun!
ss13: Was going really well, and while thinking about how well it was going I misheard a pacenote and went in with too much speed through right hander and crashed on the trees straight ahead. Gear linkage failed and I was left in the middle of the road with the Evo's engine roaring in neutral. We were going no further.
ss14: Went well again although I was a bit slower through some hairpins and stalled at one of them. But happy to finish.

Very enjoyable rally, amazing stages, and sure does help getting a good break from exam revision! Looking forward to the next one, and well done to all the winners (happy to see Group N cars so high on the overall table :)) Thanks again to the organisation team, great job;)

im Really Amazed. and think that once again. those Good luck wishes did really go my way this time. second on s2000 on Tarmak:confused: what a boost on the championship standings. with the loose surface. im gonna have to push. make sure i do better on my favorite surface.i expected to be down there. but i think my clean run helped a lot. i will say this is one of my cleanest runs on Tarmk. while running an N4 car. or higher. sorry for the misfortunes of Oscar and Roy. this guys are fast on the hard surface. and now we are all Tangled for the championship. its gonna be fun for sure.. cant wait for the next round and i hope it is loooose..

I feel exactly the opposite from you but for the same reasons. To me it feels like the converted stages have way too much grip---so much that it makes the car incredibly jerky and unstable. Any time you land the car at an awkward angle or hit a pothole crookedly, it instantly grabs the road and forces you to go that way. Any time you manage to break the rear out of line at high speed, it instantly catches the road and my counter steering throws me off the outside of the track. I struggled quite a bit on the converted stages, resulting in my going into tortoise mode to keep out of a tree. To me the handling characteristics on default tarmac stages are much more predictable and, although I've never had the opportunity to shred up the rural one lane roads in a WRX in real life (alas, some day), natural and realistic..

Dunno why, but the tar mod made rbr feel a bit more like a regular race sim, and that's really where all my experience is. Felt a bit easier to adapt i guess. I totally agree that some of the bumps were pure evil, if they could reduce their severity by around 20% that would help a lot. I know for example that on Chirdonhead & Shepherd's Shield one wrong move at high speed would spell disaster, so i sort of had to cruise through the high speed sections.

And if i did the 43s, 44s or 45s i was doing in practice i would of beat that wrc car :roflmao:

God, you maniac. What's the difference to you? The shorter rear end of the Subaru? Or got some setup trick for Ireland?:p

Damn, I just threw another good result away, I could cry:cry: That bush came like out of the blue, never hit it before. Otherwise, I'd have slowed more...

Ahh they joy of provisional results! My bad for jumping the gun, happy with that! Still need to improve a lot tho!

(I'll keep my final comments till the results are final now though...:whistling:)

Sion
Sion you beat me for 5s...!!! Hope the next round should be like that in times, but with the tiny difference of me winning:D:thumbsup: ...;)

]
Lol, i thought i had a great run... until i saw your times! Ah well, at least it was a fellow Scot doing the business up front!
Yeah, I think we scots know a bit about bumpy tarmac, especially here in Ayrshire where the council don't really seem bothered about the road surface. I had a really good run and I enjoy the tar. as I said I'm sure you guys will teach me a lesson now we're back on to the loose stuff

Managed to mess up there, my reply is the bit about the roads in Scotland. Don't know how I managed to mess that up.......... probably because I'm dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 107 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.7%