RDRC S4 Round 1 - Rally of Norway (3rd March - 6th March 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, 90% of the times I roll my car, no matter how slow, the gearbox gets destroyed. It isn't perfect, no doubt, but for sure raises the stakes, and we don't see rally cars falling down cliffs or hitting rocks and trees at high speed and keep on pressing regardless afterwards.

Thank you for the organisers for having opted for realistic damage, but I hope people don't get too discouraged if there are more DNFs than usual!

Is this black sunday? :rolleyes:
Anyway.
I'm pretty concerned about my rallying today cause my kids seem to be full of energy in morning :D Sun shining from window is driving them and me out! ;)
I sure try to keep my concentrate at 100% but don't know if it's possible. I shall run to videorental to get some cartoons quickly :D
I might even join teamspeak if there isn't a full circus here.
E: I mean here in home :D

Well, my rally's sumary:
SS01: I feel good with the car, the fog wasn't a problem after training.
SS02: Good stage also, but not too fast...
SS03: I don't trained that stage, I trained "Pleko Snow", not "Pleko Snow R" = disaster...

SS04: Feeling very good another time with the car. I like the stage.
SS05: The same at SS02, maybe I could be more faster...
SS06: Trees aren't my friends... hehehe.

SS07: Very good, the stage was short and I know it, so I push wihtout fear.
SS08: That stage was my favourite training, but online I overturn... Car destroyed until service...
SS09: The car was very difficult to manage so I went out of the road, but I can finish.
SS10: The same as SS09, but I still on the road all the stage.

SS11-SS13: My rally was lost, lot of problems, so I decided to push and try to deduct time.
SS14: The last 4 stages went so good, but here a destroy the car with a tree...

Indeed, if you go off road in the real thing, chances are you'll be going home early. Realistic damage is a pretty close approximation.
Its more like random not a close approximation :) Because after the first stage crash I was going way over my limits and of course had enourmous crashes at high speeds. And 75% of those crashes the car survived and not a thing got broke (except wheels and maybe some suspension). That just made me even more angry.

Although Im 100% for Realistic damage, makes the driving more interesting (not for me this time :p ). And I dont want this to be removed. Im just saying it happens to be pretty unrealistic as well :)

Isn't the aim of Rallying to NOT crash or hit things?
If you drive clean, it doesn't matter what the Damage setting is, and isn't that realistic? :p
If you hit things or crash, you take your chances of damaging or wrecking the car. Again, realistic in my view. ;)

Even though I decided I will try and practice for all league rallies... I haven't touched RBR since the last club rally :oops:
So, my goal is simply to finish all stages, let's see how that works out :D

SS1 - Started well. Too fast into a corner early on, slid into the trees with the side of the car, ended up on my side -> CFH. Only slight suspension damage I think, lucky. A couple of close calls later in the stage too.
SS2 - LOL. Retired within the first 200 metres. Couldn't see the road at all.
SS3 - Hit some random poles 1km before the end, instant engine death. One would think that deserves a caution or something. Pissed now. Will take a break.

SS4 - Similar mistake as in the first run, "we lost the brakes", enough for me :)

Should've probably tested the car more before choosing it for the entire season. But it was the first S2000 car I liked, so I was excited :D

Hello,

I had requested for a OC3 Time, but on the list on the first page it has listed me as EU3?

Am i good to go for OC3?
Yes, you can switch to any session you like.

Its more like random not a close approximation :) Because after the first stage crash I was going way over my limits and of course had enourmous crashes at high speeds. And 75% of those crashes the car survived and not a thing got broke (except wheels and maybe some suspension). That just made me even more angry.

Although Im 100% for Realistic damage, makes the driving more interesting (not for me this time :p ). And I dont want this to be removed. Im just saying it happens to be pretty unrealistic as well :)
Close approximation in the sense that if you go off road, you'll most likely get damage/retire.
It's not perfect, as you mentioned, the car can survive bizarre stuff, and die from bizarre stuff. But still fairly close to the real thing, as Warren said: if you drive clean, you won't notice it; if you go off, there's a big chance you're not coming back.

Damn I crashed at SS3 and I think my computer went mad because that and crashed too :( Crash is wrong word, cause I had to manually reset but windows just freaked out, everything flickered and all. Nice start for a season. :( Well I begin formatting Windows cause I haven't done that in a loong time. Might be the cause of this. Good luck to rest on the rally! :)

E: You've heard this many times before i know, just asking, is it possible to continue from ss4 onwards in some other session? Right now i'm backing up my files and then format whole system. Maybe tomorrow evening?

senad its a shame we aint team mates.... I too have not touched rbr since my last club event, trying to varnish a floor and then pop into tonights run with no practise ..... even after reading your post!

Crashed at SS3 and it was so stupid mistake that I got angry and drove into a rock on the next stage thus retiring from the next 2 stages as well. After retiring 4 stages in a row there was not much to drive for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes