RDRC S4 Round 1 - Rally of Norway (3rd March - 6th March 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:mad: I started the first stage and like 10 sec my pc went crazy and it stuck and I had to restart it :confused: :(
Any change I can rejoin for EU1? Don't know if it's allowed? My pc just stopped working :(

If allowed, please sign me up for EU1 ;)

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rdrc-season-4-rules.44729/

3.4 - Re-Runs

A driver does NOT have to compete in the session they first nominate for, however, once the drivers FIRST SPLIT time is registered their results from THAT session will stand. This means that if a driver experiences a server problem between logging in and starting the first stage they can join another session without penalty. However, once they cross the first split marker in the first stage that session will be the one used as their official time. Should a driver experience computer, server or driver issues they should continue the event for as long as they can as they will not be permitted a restart and may still be ble to gain points for the championship.

You don't have a split time registered, so you can drive in EU.

That is too bad Roy, was looking forward to a P-RDRC battle but in the end it was just me and Jani.
Don't know why but today the game was a bit laggy, not a lot, but enough to raise the adrenaline up a notch! Hasn't happened on previous online sessions and the game has always been smooth, so I have no clue. Here is my report:

SS1: Was quite nervous, with first ever league event, the fog and a bit of lag. A few times went wide on some corners and just came off the throttle hoping the car would grip back to the road. By doing so was lucky and avoid some trees a few times. Safely through!
SS2: I knew Chirdonhead was the stage to go fast on but at the first left corner into the woods messed up the braking and went straight... that resulted in damaging the gearbox and getting the bonnet open blocking my view. Switched to bumper cam and nursed the car home.
SS3: Had to nurse the car because of the gearbox, which was ok since I couldn't go too fast so nothing scary happened. Managed a time lower than a retirement, which was my aim, so mission accomplished!

SS4: After service the car was working well again and I was able to drive properly. Had a clean run throughout the stage, but at some point half way through had a big moment coming over a crest: landed on the snow by the side of the road with quite some speed, managed to drive in between a tree and some spectators and get back on track!
SS5: Went ok but was still in shock from the first run on this stage so took it very easy, braking early and easing off early before corners. Still, I managed to clip a tree somewhere which damaged my suspension but finished the stage in one piece.
SS6: Again had to be careful not to overdo it since the suspension was damaged from the previous stage, but it went well all the way with no moments. Shifted down to neutral at a hairpin which cost a few seconds, but how much difference does it make hehe.:rolleyes:

SS7: Car working well again, went out with confidence but got tricked by my own brain: mishearing a pacenote and not being able to see as well in the dark, went right when it was supposed to be left, in 5th gear. At the last second managed to turn left but lost control of the car. That resulted in hitting spectators and damaging the car, but after that drove carefully and finished the stage limping.
SS8: The stage went well despite the previous damage causing some trips in the snow, but managed to avoid hitting some bystanders this time. Twice going over a medium right tried to cut a bit more and almost flipped the car over both times! Great 2 wheel action :cool:
SS9: A good stage, no major trouble apart from pointing the car wrong while braking for a tight right-hander, the car ended up going left into the snowbank, but quickly got it back on the road not losing too much time.
SS10: Again managed an ok time for this stage as well, only going off the road once if I'm not mistaken.

SS11: With the suspension repaired for a second time during the rally, I was able to enjoy some almost flat-out driving through Kaihuavaara! Carried some good speed throughout, very pleased with my performance in this stage!
SS12: Started off really well like the previous one, carrying some good speed, but this time hit some spectators when going slightly wide on a 5th gear right corner. Started driving like a man posessed, but of course the inevitable happened when carrying to much speed: understeered off to the right on a left corner; jumped over the road, only to come back and hit a tree on the other side of the road...:(
SS13: With a fresh car, started going well, but early on was carrying too much speed and didn't brake in time for some twisty corners: ended up cutting hard and damaging the suspension. Later on stalled the car at the hairpin right. Managed to finish ok.
SS14: Nursing home the once again damaged car, but was not cahotic. Despite a few trips onto the snow, finished the stage okay to be the first P-RDRC to cross the line.

Looking forward to the results, especially to compare where I stand against other Group N cars. Almost made it a clean run, with only one retirement, I am very happy with that! Thank you Pete for setting up the session and thank you Rick, Warren, Senad, Nigel (and anybody else I might have forgotten) for getting this championship on the road for all of us :) Also looking forward to Senad's rally review commented by Roy!

Good luck everybody!

Dissertation time now...

Thanks Manuel. Indeed I am promoting my driving to snatch some video time hehe. Also if somebody wants to write a rally review, they have some material there. But above all I hope you all enjoy the read, I enjoy reading other people's reports as well, hope a lot of people will write theirs :)

Rally went fine, but i spun and stuff on ss4 and ended up in a snowbank, the car would not start after that so that was that...

Jonathan, did you try a CFH?
I've had that happen to me occasionally (stalled engine without hitting anything heavy), and the car wouldn't start again. I have (sometimes) had it restart by using CFH though. Of course, this has to be the last resort due to the time penalty. ;)

I did the Rally today(because i can't next week because I will be marshal in the super special of rally México), stupid desicion it was to run on saturday, me la pegué en el tramo trece, could you guys please crash? :D a Rally to forget for me.

First major run in the Pug and with no dnfs or cfhs I'm very pleased with how it went overall. :)

SS1-3: The fog made it rather tough and not being so used to the car I wasn't fully pushing for the opening stages. Still managed to spin a couple of times despite that, but suffered no major damage.

SS4-6: With improved conditions and a bit more feel for the car I pushed more and started setting some more respectable times. A couple of minor spins on Peklo, including one meters from the line that left me facing the wrong way - as a result I finished that one in reverse. :D

SS-7-14: Nicely in the groove for the second set of stages and had a very enjoyable battle with Martin Matus for best of the guys who aren't Manuel. Had a bit of a scary moment over one of the jumps on SS13 and only glanced one of the trees, but then had a bigger surprise as I was fastest in the session on that one as Manuel retired. Cruised home on Autiovaara after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes