RDRC S3 Round 6 - Rally Mont Blanc (29 Oct - 01 Nov)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well , my first rally and first time with the Suzuki , with no training , so the begining its to bad , a call of help in 1º stage ( Cote abroz) and once again lost much time in bisane and puy de lac( i hate this stage ) very bad tire choice with the intermediates.

After that im get used to the car and tracks and have more competitive times ,and in the majority of the stages im fast in my class and even with some of s2000 cars , well because im registed too late i dont have points in this round .

Very good championship with very good drivers :)

not bad

going into the rally I felt dreadful, very tired, so I went extremely carefully at start:

s01 dry tires so no heroics here, got through in 7th of 11
s02 stuck in one hairpin rest ok-ish, still very careful
s03 don't like it at all, the grass is just faar too slippery to be real, survived, even notched up 5th best time, lol.
6th overall at first service, dry tires stay on.

s04 clean run, not fast, though
s05 nice one, 12secs better than first one, happy
s06 nice one, 8 secs better, happy again
s07 went down one gear too many in hairpin and tried to make 'er move stuck in neutral, ts ts ts, lost me a couple of secs.
7th overall after day1, about a minute down to 6th, so going steady is the name of the game.

s08 nice run up but a quite bad one downhill, never found my rhythm
s09 even worse, slippery like hell, felt like I had dries on, took me a minute and two minor offs to come to terms here, lost 20 secs to my practice time
s10 another slippery run with inters in sunny weather, two small offs,
worst set of stages for this event, still up one notch to 6th overall after second morning

s11 motor gave me a huge scare when it died on me in one of the pins downhill, came back after some seconds, phew. nice run while Dariusz lost it, 5th overall just 2 secs ahead of him, feels good :)
s12 haha, almost a minute better than last time, even though I had a spin in one of the hairpins uphill, nice run, Dariusz still bit the sh... out of me, down to 6th again
s13 loved it, nice flowing kind of run, got a gearbox warning right after start but nothing came of it, still did conservative gearing all through the stage
s14, lol, my best run of the night, 4th fastest time, even though I was rather conservative, seems many chaps just threw it away.

Overall I finished 6th of 11, 50 secs down to 5th, a very demanding but fun event, love them tarmac stages :) thx crew for another great night, waiting for results eagerly (not gonna make it into points, I guess.)

you are right to trust your feelings, young jedi.
*4 sessions will be up in the next 30 mins or so ;)

Yep, it's a pain that you can only create 3 Public Sessions at any time, hey Norman. :frown:
When do you find time for :sleepin: ?? Or even
reaper.gif

I quite like tarmac events so I was looking forward to this rally, but things quickly went downhill for me sadly. Been having a few pc issues this week and had a big slow down when I went to stage one and it didn't even get as far as loading the choose profile screen before it crashed to desktop. It's really hard to score points in Production this season, so instantly 4 minutes down through no fault of my own was pretty disheartening and for most of the rally I'd lost my focus and kept having silly spins.

The default French stages were ok and my Punto felt quite good on them, although the occasional mistake ended up with some costly spins. The Pays du lac stage was a different story though; there is no margin for error on this stage and the Punto was awful here and didn't help my mood. The damp Peklo stage was a little strange with far less grip than expected, leading to several injured spectators for me. The only stages I'm satisfied with were the final set where found my form a little more, but timewise the damage had already been done.

Really a dissapointing Rally for me :( i could have easily won with the nice times i was setting, but my computer crashed and turned off, well, atleast i think i'll have some stage wins for the results :)

Looking forward to the next Rallyes

Hello RDRC admins. I'm sorry but I will not be able to make this round due to some personal problems and increased schoolwork. Therefore, I have to withdraw my signup for this specific event.

See ya next round

Cfh on ss1 and wrong tyres at Peklo stage, lost way over minute there :p
But other than that, I felt pretty good and fast with the car.
Thanks everyone for setting this up, and thanks other drivers in OC session today, it was fun driving with you :)

Cfh on ss1 and wrong tyres at Peklo stage, lost way over minute there :p
But other than that, I felt pretty good and fast with the car.
Thanks everyone for setting this up, and thanks other drivers in OC session today, it was fun driving with you :)

Tero-you must be cloudy-you had a very good solid run-cheers.

I am tannat-and did not have a great run. A surprise off and retire on a damp Peklo-(the S2000 are not so robust) and a cfh and a few other minor errors.

Just hoping nto scrape by with top position in Grade 3 and some good team points...

Cheers to keegs on his scratch time for J Verte!!

I pretty much did on this rally what I wanted. I didn't have much practice so as I got comfortable with the cars handling and good setup I was able to drive quickly and safely later in the rally. I even managed to drive just under a second of my PB on Joux Plane in dry.

Yes I sad before the rally that I'll just do my best and try to finish but I was confident that the car will not fail me in dry weather.

The first mistakes started on Puy du Lac SS3 when I jumped the start and later struggled with grip. On one occasion I ended up in the corn field but managed to get back on the road quickly.
The same problem with the grip I had on SS9, on a damp Peklo tarmac. I understeered in a long sharp turn and hit a tree that damaged my transmission. This turned out to be a minor problem for Fiesta and I made it to the finish without losing to much speed.

Now I had to tackle a fast SS10 and I thought that my minor problem on a narrow Peklo will be bigger. It turned out to be a little slow and I wasn't near my PB but I did spun the car once, so half a minute loss on intermediate tyres wasn't that bad.

Thanks for setting up a great rally! :)

I'm relatively pleased with my performance last night. I did put a few practice runs on all the stages so I felt I knew the tracks a bit, considering I've had the game a few weeks now. Only thing which was really annoying was retiring my car after the finish line of stage 11. :(

I think first 4 stages went pretty well for me. No real mistakes, quite a nice pace even with the dry tyres on the damp first stage. These were the tracks I knew best.

Stage 5: Slide off and hit tree, damaged radiator. CFH 1
Stage 6: Maybe a little hesitant due to the steam coming off my car. But not bad time for me.

Stage 8: Where the road opens up, I slid wide and hit the outside barrier and flipped onto roof. CFH 2. No real dmg.
Stage 9: Very slippery. Caught out under braking, spun the opposite way from the hairpin. Time spent getting the car facing the right way on the narrow road.
Stage 10: Surprisingly found good rythm on these intermediate tyres in the dry.

Stage 11: Was going very well. Until I went wide late in the stage on exit of uphill hairpin very slow hit tree, had to reverse. Worst of all after completing the stage, lost control braking and smashed head on with marshall gate.
Stage 12: Retired from start line.
Stage 13: Attacked pretty hard, after my annoying discovery at the previous start line. But damage had already been done.
Stage 14: Low speed hit with concrete block, had to reverse. Only 6 seconds slower than my first run.

Was really gutted that my only retirement was caused by a mistake after the finish line of stage 11. Started stage 12, and car was dead. Guess thats another lesson learnt.

First time ever using accumulative damage, and having to make tyre choices for several stages at once. Thoroughly enjoyed myself though, managed to be quite competetive for the majority of the rally. But have to keep reminding myself not to fight too much just yet, until I have a better feel for the game.

Thanks to those that setup the round. Loved every minute of it, well almost. Look forward to the results. Cheers.

Aww, sorry for missing out on this guy. But I had some problems with my parents not allowing me to onto the pc. And when I was I had football matches.

well that was just ridiculous ... was going well , setting some reasonable times and with no mistakes , until the game decided to crash on loading for the very last stage and retire me :/

so angry as I was hoping to finish in the top 10 to move up to grade 1 although with that retirement its looking highly unlikely now ... very very annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back