RDRC S3 Round 5 - Rally Costa Brava (08 Oct - 11 Oct)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First outing in the Fiesta for JME, and there's still room for improvement. Already damaged my cooling on SS1, but made it through all 3 stages.

The real blow was at the end of the first half of Day 2 as my cooling gave up just moments from the finish, thank you Ford. The next two stages I drove with a wobbly left rear wheel, and retired when I hit a stone in the river. Could run final stage with an undamaged car, but went off somewhere and had a right front wheel that didn't behave well in left turns.

Two Ret's, the rest was avergae to decent.

Let's see what I will be able to do next time round, didn't have any practice this time round.

I was fighting with the car, somehow the brake pedal felt like a handbrake when staying on it for too long. Anyone knows what I could change? The car dangerously snaps after high speed passages...

Decided to join the EU2-session instead this time around. Tested a little bit, but I know the car and most of the stages this time.

SS1 - Bottomed out in a dip and rolled heavily. This did not happen during practice, I must have hit at the perfect angle this time.
SS2 - Okay, took it a bit too easy maybe.
SS3 - Upped the tempo a bit - went okay.

SS4 - This time I flipped it up on 2 wheels, and it speared off into the crowd... Annoying to say the least.
SS5 - The game scared me when the menu used 2 minutes to pop up, but the stage was ok.
SS6 - A bit better than last time. Really enjoy this stage :)

SS7 - Enjoyed this one, felt really fast.
SS8 - Really dislike this stage this direction. And on asphalt the directional changes happen sooo fast, span twice.
SS9 - Enjoyed this one aswell. Took it a bit more careful at the bumps than earlier in the rally.

SS10 - Nice attack, satisfied with my time.
SS11 - Decided to attack this time, since catious = spins from last time. It payed off.
SS12 - Again on the attack, again a good run.

So again I demolish any hope of a top result early, and have to drive like an idiot to salvage any result at all. Enjoyed the longer stages towards the end of the rally, felt my attack there was good. Looking forward to seeing the results, hopefully I will grab some points here :)

Overall I think I did very well and once again, I failed to finished all the races. SS4 I went off into the trees, didn't hit one but mess my wind shield up and my car would not get traction, lost at least 20-30 seconds but I finished unscathed. On SS7 New Bobs II, I crashed and my cooling system failed but still managed to finish SS7 & SS8, but SS9 my car was finally loosing power, then finally seized, I tried rolling to the finished but ultimately had to retire. I am extremely disappointed but I did gain some time on the next day of rallies. Besides the two mishaps it went very well. Thanks for a great afternoon of rally, and can't wait to see the result.

You can watch some of the races, as I live streamed them. See below for the link.
www.livestream.com/bigbobross

Something has come up on my schedule, so i would like to change my participation slot from EU3 to EU4. As I've read here before, that this is no problem. I just want to announce it so that everything is under control. Thanks. :)

Had an okay run in OC 3 on my own tonight. The new / old car is arriving tomorrow so will be busy all day playing with the new toy :)

Drove conservatively and finished all stages with only a small roll over and CFH on SS8 and a spin into a tree after the high speed jump on ss9 that holded the radiator but was able to make it to the finish of the stage with full power. Other than that it went well though I'm not thinking i am going to set any stage times on fire.

My Replays and results files can be FOUND HERE

Cheers Al

Sebastien how are you doing that you keep always cool head? I just want to be on the finnish, nothing more!!!

I think that all the races, that I have made before RBR, help me a lot for this.
At the beginning I made a championship with WTCC cars and the races are only made on 10-15 laps, so you know that if you made a mistake, you will not be able to win the race.
After that I made 2 championships in ARCA (oval races), these races are very particular because you will race during 2 or 3 hours with cars very closed to you and with a wall at the right of the track, so a little mistake during a race result in a spin/damage on the wall or on the other cars.
And I did also endurance race during 12 hours with 2 teammates, this is also very good to stay focused.

If you had the opportunity to do this type of races, you will increase your ability to stay focused during the full race and if you keep your concentration, it is more easy to have cool ahead.

I might join the EU3-session in a non-championship car tonight. I like the Lancer WRC05 a lot on asphalt, so I might just go for a run with it :)

I think that all the races, that I have made before RBR, help me a lot for this.
At the beginning I made a championship with WTCC cars and the races are only made on 10-15 laps, so you know that if you made a mistake, you will not be able to win the race.
After that I made 2 championships in ARCA (oval races), these races are very particular because you will race during 2 or 3 hours with cars very closed to you and with a wall at the right of the track, so a little mistake during a race result in a spin/damage on the wall or on the other cars.
And I did also endurance race during 12 hours with 2 teammates, this is also very good to stay focused.

If you had the opportunity to do this type of races, you will increase your ability to stay focused during the full race and if you keep your concentration, it is more easy to have cool ahead.
Thanks Sebastien. I have to try it in some racing club. Is there any interesting race in next weekend?
I'm trying also czech turnament, where most turnaments are on realistic damage, so it makes me focused on calm driving. In RDRC is something different, because I was able to finish on the podium in previous years, but everyone had improoved their skills and now it is 't much harder to repeat such results. And I cant stand that I'm not such fast and I'm doing everything to be and then mistakes!
I need to keep cool head. Next round will be very slowly...I hope!

Oh, I changed my car to Ford Fiesta S1600 (link to post) but here I see that it is still the Ford Fiesta. Or it isn't allowed to change cars on the same class ??
And I'll compete only on the EU4 sessions (I must have putted EU1 too by mistake :S )

See you guys on tomorrow race !! :)

Hi! This was the first time, I participated in with an N4 car. Well not practicing (which means I did not know the track) and not knowing the new car resulted 4 retires plus a lot of crashes on that stages I finished :D

Here is my replay!

Thank you for the organization and the race to everyone who participated in! :)

Nice, earlier today I started to download the BTB Spain file but a friend of mine asked me to play another game with him (LFS, started yesterday, I suck at it). So I turned off Chrome and the download cancelled. Now, when I was going to enter the session it showed me that I dont have the track. I went to download it as soon as possible when Chris wrote me into skype that he was going to remind me about the session but Im already in. But I wasnt in because the game didnt allow me to get in without that track. When I finally downloaded it I was going to start drive from one of the middle stages.. but there wasnt the session in the list anymore. I guess it counted me that I`ve came in. So I was wondering, can I do another session or this rally is over for me?

You did not get to set any split-times on any stage, so I guess you are able to join one of the final sessions :)

As for my drive tonight - horrible. Not concentrating at all, and killed a huge bunch of spectators on both ss1 and ss4. Leeft it there :tongue: Nice time by Erik on ss2, btw! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes