RDRC S3 Chat, Questions, Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will surely sound dumb: When I install RSRBR2011, do I install it in a seperate folder or does it have to be installed in the original game's folder?

It goes into your Richard Burns Rally folder.
The installer should automatically find your installation though, if it doesn't, then you have a problem with your Windows register.

It goes into your Richard Burns Rally folder.
The installer should automatically find your installation though, if it doesn't, then you have a problem with your Windows register.

Well, I guess I can direct it manually to my RBR folder, thanks.

This is a bit more complicated than rF. Not too complicated, just a little more because I do it for the first time.

The same goes for the track and car packs? Only select the Richard Burns folder when installing?

I heard the tracks have to be put manually under the RXRSRBR folder, is that right?

The same goes for the track and car packs? Only select the Richard Burns folder when installing?

Yep. Again, the installer should find it.

I heard the tracks have to be put manually under the RXRSRBR folder, is that right?

No, the Country Packs also go into the main Richard Burns Rally folder. The installer should point it there automatically.

The only tracks that need to go into the RXRSRBR folder are the ones that are released separately, usually before being included in RSRBR.
The only Addon Stages that we use on-line are the ones included in the Country Packs.

I have installed all updates now, so I am getting ready for the World and Finland stages, as they are included in the next round. And these are just normal installs then? You know, the French->English translation(On rallysim) has some lines or words where I wasn't quite sure what to do.

I hope installing the mod makes my FFB problem magically disappear, like Ole...

And these are just normal installs then?

Yes.

I hope installing the mod makes my FFB problem magically disappear, like Ole...

I have my doubts but hope you are lucky. If your FFB wasn't working with default RBR and the two official Updates, I can't see anything in RSRBR that will fix it. The official updates should have fixed your FFB, but they are also included in RSRBR.

Even though I didn't have FFB(Some said they downgraded their Logitech profiler, but what use is that?), I like the game already. I've always been a fan of Colin McRae Rally, but this is a very good game too, a nice driving feeling:)

I was able to complete rally school on perfect without ffb, but it wasn't that hard after some tries.

Which file does save the progress in rally school? If the game stops working, I might have to re-install, and maybe it would be goodif I could keep it. Same goes for the registering online. Even if I un-install and install again, it should "remember" my username, I guess?

Which file does save the progress in rally school? If the game stops working, I might have to re-install, and maybe it would be goodif I could keep it. Same goes for the registering online. Even if I un-install and install again, it should "remember" my username, I guess?

I don't know about the Rally School records, sorry.
Your registration with RSRBR is with Rallyesim, so it won't be lost. You may just have to re-enter your username, number, and password into RSCenter again if you re-install.

Thanks Łukasz!

I have installed the World and Finland pack aswell as the "All cars pack". Soon there:)

EDIT: I've got another desktop file called "Lanceur d'Add Ons RSBR". I haven't heard of it in the guide before. What is it used for?

EDIT: I've got another desktop file called "Lanceur d'Add Ons RSBR". I haven't heard of it in the guide before. What is it used for?

Is that used for sending times and replays somewhere, by looking at it?

I've started the default game, and used the Mulli-profile. Suddenly, the FFB works like Ole's! It even reacts to the FFB test!:D

I am not sure with the screen solution in the RSCenter, I have a laptop, is that 16/9?

Is there also a way where I can look at all cars, like a showroom? I'll have to chose a car after registering.

Also, how do you that it's a certain player that drives? Everyone uses the Mulli-profile. Or doesn't that matter online and is taken care of by registering already?

I am not exactely sure.

The RSRBR utility takes care of recognizing the driver (that's why you log in before driving online). I've never used the "addon launcher".

About the resolution - depends on what laptop do you have. Could be 16:9, 16:10, 5:4. I advise you to use the WorkerBee's FixUp Patch and it's built in Aspect Ratio fix. The best way to handle non 4:3 resolutions.

Glad your FFB finally works :)

Number: I guess I can chose any of those that are still available?

Login: Does this have to be the real name or can it be a Nick?

If the Login hasn't got to be your real name, where do you put it in(do you even have to)?

Argh...

Guess I need to go to the Rallysim Forum and register an account there...

Because I registered, but the pop-up said "registration error", and on the second try said that the email was already in use.

Nevermind, this morning I got an email.

My account on rallysim was activated, but I also got the news that my registration was successful and it seems like I don't need to ask bluesky on the forum there anymore.

Currently testing cars at Laitse Rally Park, set my best time with the Golf:eek:

I also have a quick question, I may have missed something in the rules but is it possable to get a season time changed? From 10pm to 8pm? Kind of like the rally club event?

ONLY the sessions that drivers nominate for will be created. There will be NO extra sessions will be created once the round commences. The ONLY exception to the creation of extra sessions will be in the case that the organisers make an error with session creations or should a server issue force competitors not to be able to drive.

Not doable at the moment, I'm afraid. 50+ people, would be a nightmare to manage. Also, one can only have 3 active sessions at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 497 68.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 307 42.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 331 45.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 160 22.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 26.8%
Back