RDRC S2 - Round 3 - Coffs Harbour Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pity, Ondrej. I could see your times. Gah, they could pick another time for server problems :/

Doing baaaaadly so far. Trying not to crash from now on :p

EDIT: yeah, spun and went off right after posting that. *sigh*

jesus... I was clicking on refresh all the time (it stuck with overall results for SS2), the excel window was blind ... even countdown was inactive but I was able to use GO button

Ok, any driver that was meant to drive in the EU4 session but had server problems please PM me with what day (Wed or Thursday) so we can create another session. Please note, if you finished the EU4 session then your times will have to stand. This is only an offer to those that could not drive in the session.

Tor, as the car you drove with was still from the 08 car pack I would be willing to allow your times to stand. However, if anybody else wants to protest we will have to exclude you. Any one that feels Tor's times should not be allowed let us know by Friday.

Since you used only one car and from a correct pack I'd say it isn't a reason to completely DQ you. I'd say we can let you go with a warning, but it's up for protest as Rick said.

Rally - sheesh. I need to toughen my nerves and concentration. Was going too slow after initial lack of grip and pressure meant I lost at least 2 minutes. Later on, when the surface changed a bit I got the rhythm back and started to post almost exact same times as Steve, which means that my loss to him is loss caused by my fails and lack of pace. These cars are way easier to handle when pushed harder, now I clearly see what Lizak meant when he said that letting of the throttle causes crashes :).

Over a half of the rally was rather fun to drive, as I finally settled for going fast and not caring about the (possible) positions, which caused me to be slower than a Yugo (no, I'm not kidding. Had to go for 7km in 4th for instance). Two CFHs and loooooong digging out at Mineshaft took their toll though.

Looking forward to all the results as my new (pretty much finished) auto-sorting tables need to be battle-christened :D.

I won't be able to make the session tomorrow, so good luck to those yet to run!

Aww dang, I picked US4 'cause you signed up for it, since Steve ran already looks like I'm running alone tonight :frown:

ADDED: Rally ended half way through SS3, Alt+F4'd out of game and hit the reset button on my tower, basically today has not had anything good about it and it was the last straw, sorry to end this way guys and hope next time is better.

We will have to wait for another session to run. So far everyone has requested Thursday unfortunately so the results will have to wait for them. I will be updating the rules thread in the next few days just incase something like this happens again.

For anyone that doesn't understand why we are allowing a re-run for these people and not for others I will explain.

This has been obviously (in my view) a server issue. This is because
a/ 1 driver was able to run but his times were not displayed in the server or even to himself.
b/ A number of drivers simply could not log into the session
c/ Even logging on to the rallyesim website was not working
d/ Some of the organising team also tried to log in to both the session and home page and were un-successful.

ONLY because ALL of these things occured are we willing to allow this.

Edit: Ashok, unfortunately your issue was not a server issue. As it was with your system I can't allow it. We all need to view these things like a server issue is the same as to many spectators on a stage, while something going wrong with your system is the same as an electrical fault.

In real life I have had to loose a rally because of a 25c fuse so i know how you all feel. But it doesn't change the fact that we MUST obey the rules or it can create issues and arguments later.

Senad, Please create another session for EU5 20:00 GMT. Same time of the night as normal, how ever on Thursday night.

If there are issues this time them i am afraid you're out of luck. No more re-runs after this.

I'd vote to create a session for Ondrej/other Wednesday runners too. Since we have to wait till Thursday anyways there is no point of stripping him from possibility to run the rally as he wasn't at fault.

On a positive note overall and Champions driver standings will be ready minutes after we get the data from the last session :).

Ondrej, everyone interested - there is a session today @20GMT, as usual. Anyone who is in the situation Rick described is free to participate. Also since it isn't putting anyone at an advantage/disadvantage anyone who couldn't run earlier but can now (or just forgot and is late) is free to run it as well - for example Tyrone.

Just bear in mind that this delay is caused by unforeseen technical difficulties and there will not be any second chances in the future when everything runs smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes