RDRC S2 - Round 1 - Rally of Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K start to the season for me, had a blast on the Finland stages (not my favorite normally) , must say some really nice stages in this rally :).

SS1: Forgot to load 'cam hack!' :mad:, caused a shaky start, was trying to find grip levels and brake limits before 'blue barrels', a bit untidy in some sections, but glad to get first stage clean, good confidence booster, small off at the 'medium left (tricky) near the corn fields.

SS2: Memory still not working, no cam hack again? doh!
(default cockpit is view is a bit cramped for me)
clean run overall, feeling better about the rally.

SS3: Finally cam hack! is on, first half clean until i hit a spectator on a med left, then had to use reverse later on, recovered o.k continued to end, might cost me +30(+) sec to leader. Glad that's out of the way!

SS4: Rolled three times on the first corner (med right, downhill):D:D motor stalled, motor restarted after 3 attempts, about +20sec, no major damage just smashed front window, stayed on cockpit view (horrible), told the co-pilot to buckle-up it's gonna get rough! pushed hard for the rest of the stage to make time finished ok.

SS5: Clean run, just a small spin, quick rev, continued to finish +3 sec.

SS6: Some untidy bits, car behaving nicely, clean run good!

SS7: mostly clean, some really nasty bits on this stage, awesome if you get it right. Was very close to a dnf, had my right rear wheel hanging over the cliff for about 20 meters while in a high speed drift (fast right), rammed it into 2nd and just prayed i didn't spin-out or go over, the brakes saved me. Finished o.k.

SS8: Some snow bank riding, not much else.. pleased night stages finished.

SS9: Feeling better about the car, opened-up the throttle a lot more, clean run :cool:.

SS10: Drove it like i stole it, a bit of advice i got from Mark J:good::D.
SS11: more of the same.
SS12: No damage, clean run again, phew it's over :).

I was meant to be in the OC3 session, gate crashed OC4 instead. Normally i take my time but i rushed the stages so i'm not sure how the rest OC4 did, had one good battle with Warren, early on. Will wait for the results.

Congrats to the podium and everyone else for turning up, thanks to the RDRC team for organising.

For what is 'cam hack' used?

Default Cockpit View:
rbr_204.jpg

Cam Hack:
rbr_205a.jpg

Highly recommend.

eheh I'm really vicious on Mlynky after seeing the post saying 3.49 on Mlynky i test my limit on this stage with a powerful WRC Subaru of course. I can down 3.50 with 3.48.15...But hey was without any pressure the time of Gabor it's amazing and crazy :wink: did it on official RDRC Stage...Amazing mate congrats :)

eheh I'm really vicious on Mlynky after seeing the post saying 3.49 on Mlynky i test my limit on this stage with a powerful WRC Subaru of course. I can down 3.50 with 3.48.15...But hey was without any pressure the time of Gabor it's amazing and crazy :wink: did it on official RDRC Stage...Amazing mate congrats :)

Helder do you have a wheel for a controller?

Any setup tips for that stage?

I think I was set up way too loose....

off topic: RBR is the only game I use bumper view. I suppose it is just much closer to the field of vision you would have as a real person in a real car. Compared to the view from my car at least, even the bumper offers me about one fiftieth of the visual information I get there, especially the peripheral stuff. This cut down by a further 50% I find unacceptable. In other sims I want to have my view more inside the car to get a better feel for where my opponents are on the virtual racetrack with regard to my position, so I always use driver view. Just my five cents.

Waiting for the results is worse than Christmas. Anyone up for some carolling?

I think Sebastien will win, even tough he may not have touched his PB's (thank god), his times were still very fast and most important he didn't loose much time anywhere...

I am impressed by Gabor's time, but I have no idea about his consistency, but if that is good too then he has a good shot aswell.

I am hoping for a podium, but I fear that my camera man incident and my bad runs on Autiovara might have put me just behind it

Im finished the rally finally.

i dont have big mistakes with the Impreza S14, only some spin out and false start in 11th stage, but i ran almost a PB with that failed start lol.
Thanks for the event :)

I saved all my stage replay except the Pribram, so if you want it for some video or anything i upload to somewhere :)

Puh... What a hurry today to get into the rally... lol... As I had the rally not in my plan for this week (as mentioned, I thought it starts next week
icon_rolleyes.gif
), I did only two test runs for each stage in a total hurry. But I had only problems with the Pribrim stage, the others where quite good to drive consitently for me (not fast, but that is not my intention - not yet... :wink:). But of course, the hurry and only two training runs are not the best preparation to go without mistakes. So I had I think 5 spins in the rally. Luckily without serious damage, but once I needed to call for help. It was in the beginning of the night stage of...whatever this unspeakable name of it is (something like "Milky Snow", but not milky
icon_razz.gif
). It was a silly mistake, but I slided too much down into the woods to get out without help
icon_cry.gif
. I wanted to go through the rally with no CFH, but only one is ok, too.

But nevertheless, I finished. And under the circumstances I am quite happy.
icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play