RDRC S2 - Round 1 - Rally of Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the snow, when the SS is not to long and not to fast, the difference of power between the cars are not very important. Group N can compete with the WRC. We will see on gravel or on tarmac if he can compete with the WRC, in that case we have found a very fast driver.

BTW yesterday night, a lot of new drivers were very fast. The competition will be very exciting !

On gravel on a stage I know well, I am only 5 second slower with S2000 than with WRC (and it was a fast stage with a long straight), so as you say on snow it must be even closer.

And I mean in the official rally noone go below 3:50, its too risky to have a CFH or retirement. Compared to my fastest time, I was 3 seconds slower in the first sector alone, but then I am pushing so hard I am not listening to the pacenotes anymore and I'll crash :p

After all my trouble with RSCenter i,m ready to go at EU4 session, hope that is ok. Had to reinstall OS, 10 hours it took me to sort all this but i,m ready. Some sneaky virus got hold of my PC but everything is working now. EU4 is at 20:00GMT right?

For my first rallye with the C4, I just can say that I have some difficulties for pushing with these car.

Not a too bad event, only two mistakes, hit a tree in ss8 and a roll in ss12. Luckily, no CFH or retired and as I know (and see last saison) the snow isn't my cup of the...

I'm really pleased to see so much people, with a really good challenge.

Thanks all and as usual Rick, Senad and Ondrej !

Wait and see for the final result.

I was bit nervous to enter the first rally of my racing 'career'. In first stage I stalled my car at the hairpin. Bit weird that never happend to me in practice, took me some 5-10 seconds to start up the car again....That felt like a minute. Once I had to choose to hit the tree instead of spectators, luckily I was able to slow down the speed and didn't got any massive damage but the hood popping to my view on next crest wasn't that nice of a surprise!

Then later I wasn't able to miss the spectator anymore and hit one. Damn I hate stupid people standing in obvious places where cars go wide on exit! :D

Last stage I tried to go MAXIMUM ATAK and hitted a stone. Then hitted another and then rolled... Maybe without mistakes I could have been some 60-90 seconds faster overall. Looking forward to the results...

Overall, it was a pleasent experience. I installed RBR under a week ago and have to say, I'm in love!

And I mean in the official rally noone go below 3:50, its too risky to have a CFH or retirement. Compared to my fastest time, I was 3 seconds slower in the first sector alone, but then I am pushing so hard I am not listening to the pacenotes anymore and I'll crash :p

Okay, I didn't understand that you talk about the official rally.
Like you, I was slower, but really slower than you, about 10s slower than my best time 3:58, I think.

OC4 is now finished.
Well done to Eddie for flying the Oceania flag tonight, some nice quick Stages there and ended up dominating our Session.
My Rally started ok, but dropped off badly towards the end. I was pretty pleased to come through the deadly first 8 Stages without too many scratches on the car, a few dents here and there but nothing too dramatic.

I then thought I could relax and push a bit harder on the more familiar Stages, big mistake. :rolleyes:

SS10, I rolled it over a snow bank, then managed to get lost yet again and head off the wrong way, oops.
SS11, I managed the dumbest start in history. Slammed the power and took off flat chat, only to hit a bank on turn 3 and roll the car several times, landing on the roof. CFH. Also a damaged car for virtually all of SS11 and carried over to SS12. :eek:

It was still a fun Rally with plenty of interest, especially with the carry over damage.
Thanks to Damien and Chris for the TS chatting.

Thanks to Rick and his team for organising. :thanks:

Reasonably pleased with how that went today, but there was definitely some room for improvement. Stage 1 went ok despite some minor offs, but Stage 2 proved my worst - I slid off gently, hit a tiny sapling and ruptured an oil line somehow. The next 6 stages were fairly unspectatular for me, except for a small crash on 2nd run though Mlynky which left me with slightly bent suspension.

By the end I was starting to lose focus and Stage 10 (Autiovaara) proved quite comical as I misheard a pacenote and went right instead of left, rolled a few corners later and then later had to swerve into the scenery to avoid some photographers. Luckily the car remained undamaged there and finished with just the 1 DNF.

Grats to my new teammate Samuli who did very well on his first event. :)

SS5 replay: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26474590/S2R1_SS5.rpl
SS10 replay: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26474591/S2R1_SS10.rpl

I'm really sorry that I missed my planned start yesterday! I had noted the wrong date for the first race in my calendar... I see some are racing today. Is it possible that I join the rally today evening?

SS1: What a poor start for my first ever official rally... For some reason I wasn't concentrated at all at the beginning of the stage. In the fast sector 1 right hander before the village, I went too deep in the corner, and ended up spinning down the hill. Had to call for assistance, but hadn't any big damage fortunately. Made a few more (slight) mistakes in the next corners... So I decided to keep it slow and clean for the rest of the stage. 49 seconds away from PB in the end, meh.

SS2: Quickly got up to speed, and managed to have a clean good run for that one. 3 seconds from PB.

SS3: First "WTF" moment of the night before SS3... The page web showing the results gets down. I decided to ignore that and carried on. Time to be very careful anyway, Mlynky is coming. Crashed so many times here in practice... Especially once when I rolled down the hill in one of the evil left hander of sector 2, so deep that I eventually crossed the maps limits and fell off the world:eek: Fortunately I made no mistake for the official SS, and ended up 6 seconds from PB only.

SS4: Very good run, 2 tenths from PB only.

SS5: Glad I managed to get Pribam right after the SS1 disaster. 4 seconds from PB. Oh, and the session timesheet came back at that moment BTW.

SS6: Getting quicker and quicker overall, gained a few seconds on SS2 and managed to be only 6 tenths away from PB.

SS7: Clean once again, only 7 seconds from (daylight) PB.

SS8: Second WTF moment of the night: I cut an hairpin a bit too much, which really confused the game: it began to show "wrong way". I thought it was gonna stop quickly, but a few seconds later I realised I had lost the co-driver notes aswell... I stopped, wondering what to do: make a U-turn, go back to the hairpin, do it properly, then go back in the normal way, or just carry on with no notes and take the risks of having my time discarded. I decided to carry on like if nothing happened, and fortunately had the notes back a few seconds later. Lost some time in the end, but I was affraid it would've gone a lot worse than that. 24 seconds from daylight PB.

SS9: Probably the stage I had the least practice on. Had a good pace, but I made an half-spin at some point. 6 seconds away from PB.

SS10: I began to have some messy lines at that point... I even did a nice 360 around the end of the stage. 11 seconds from PB.

SS11: Clean more or less, expect I made the same mistake than in SS9, but ended up a lot further from the road. 15 seconds from PB.

SS12: Worst stage of the night with SS1. For some reason I lost my concentration totally. The rally was kinda over in my mind. Made one first big mistake around half-way, where I exited the road at the downhill hairpin, and climbed the crest in the outside. I managed to get back on road without assistance, but it took a large amount of time. I then had a few rolls - the only ones of the night - before the finish. 35 seconds from PB.

I'm glad I managed to finish all stages, this was my aim. 161 seconds away from cumulated PBs, could've been better, but I'm still quite a newbie on that game. And it seems like everyone made a few mistakes, so no shame on that point.

Someone explains me a little thing, that still did not understand in the RRRBR,
we had a "car service " between two stages right!? and I noticed that underneath the countdown, said, repair!!!
if we click "repair" what happens ??

ps:we will have a video resume of the rally? Can send replays??

we had a "car service " between two stages right!? and I noticed that underneath the countdown, said, repair!!!
I guess your car would be repaired, and you would retire from that stage. Since there are only two stages between services, it was pointless to click on repair.

Yup, I shall try to do it, send your replays to senad.subasic@gmail.com, or upload to www.speedyshare.com or something :good:

If you use the repair button, you will be retired for the next SS.

Hope that RSRBR will develop the possibility to have several minutes to repair the car and a time penalty if you use more time. Like in the RBR game when you do a championship.

One person was below 3:50. But barely :D

After all my trouble with RSCenter i,m ready to go at EU4 session, hope that is ok. Had to reinstall OS, 10 hours it took me to sort all this but i,m ready. Some sneaky virus got hold of my PC but everything is working now. EU4 is at 20:00GMT right?

Yup, 20GMT tonight :good:

i am not for sure able to participate in any of announced season, we are doing big flat reconstruction and you know mess everywhere, I dont know when we at least finish destroying walls (I dont want to use wheel with this dust around), but would it be possible if I announce for example one hour before to make custom session?

:thanks: thanks for, explaining, yesterday I was almost to click to see what happened, but I thought, i'm in the first round of the RDRC is better not test it here and now. loool :D

ps: ok i'll send u 1 or 2 stages...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 83 59.7%