RDRC S1 - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
John,

I just gave it a go for the first time to test it. It does take a long time to load the Stage but it finally loaded it. Mine took nearly a minute and appeared to do nothing during that time, but if I waited long enough, it did finally load.

However, I experienced a few bugs:
1. No pacenotes
2. The road side signs are rock solid if you hit them.
3. No clearly defined end of Stage, I kept driving for some time before it finally stopped.
4. The replays don't work in TV mode.
5. I had to use Task manager to close RBR and get back to RSRBR.

Of all of these bugs, the last one is always a concern for me, and the main reason I don't use them for Club Rallys.

Ok, a few issues being raised. the first questin I will ask is are you using the ACCT stage or the ACCT reverse stage? The ACCt I had the same issue with having to use task manager. No, no pacenotes for that stage, but its only about 2km long and you have 2-3 weeks to learn it. Shouldn't be a problem. And the signs being solid is simple, stay on the road and you don't hit them. As for the end of the stage, with ANY RBR stage, once you cross the finish you can stop anywhere and it will eventually finish.

Ok, here is something i have know all along and i really don't think it is a problem. Replays don't work with the BTB stages. I have spoken to Rallyesim and they have said they know and thats the way it is. So I don't think there will be a fix coming soon.

With these issues raised and the problems some people had in the first round I will ask for a vote from the Championship drivers.

Do we want to use BTB stages or not?

My vote is yes.

are you using the ACCT stage or the ACCT reverse stage? The ACCt I had the same issue with having to use task manager.

Yes Rick, I was using ACCT Reverse, as per the Rally Stage listing.

All of the other bugs are not a problem for me, just wanted to mention them in case others also reported them. The need to use Task Manager to close RBR is a concern though. Since it is the last Stage, maybe it won't cause problems, but all drivers need to know how to get back to RSRBR if they get stuck there.

I'm happy to use some BTB stages, but we need to be very careful that drivers know how to deal with the bugs and that they don't ruin their Rally.

Warren,

I understand why these bugs have been mentioned. i can only think it is a problem with the download of the person trying to run the stage though. The reason i seleted the stages i do is I have run them with no need to use task manager to exit. (I have found this issue with some stage and am not using those in the championship.) As some poeple can run them without problems it "should" mean that the bug is not with the stage itself, but with the download. If it was the stage everyone would be having to issue.

If anybody is having trouble with a stage, try re-downloading it and installing and see if that fixes it. I will give it a go with the stages i have had issues with just to test my theory.

If anybody is having trouble with a stage, try re-downloading it and installing and see if that fixes it.

It does indeed seem to solve the problem, for me anyway.

I re-downloaded and installed BTB Stages 3, ran the Stage 12 twice and it returned to RSRBR when I exited both times. Thanks. :thumb:

EDIT: I also tried Canyon and had no problems on exit from that Stage.

no problems with that reverse stage here, just odd to do two laps before the timing stops and then to just leave your virtual car somewhere on the track and wait for the stage to exit properly. Will try Canyon tonight after the Club event.

Hey everyone i am rather new at the race department area but have played on race2play, various LFS leagues, etc. I love RBR and the RSRBR mod. I am interested in this league but i am concerned that i do not have a team at the moment. I know that teams are required in teams championships but what about rally events?

Welcome Brandon. :)

It is not essential to have a Team in this league, you can still join as a single entry, many of our current drivers are not included in Teams. Feel free to sign up. :cool:

Important

The BTB stage ACCT Ivato Reverse in this round didn't work for some of us in the club rally tonight. We couldn't join the rally, and got an error message that said we had to download the stage pack. It's a bit over 100MB, I started SS1 4 seconds before the deadline :eek:

You can try running an online rally with that stage to check if it's ok, you can miss or ignore this notice, and rush to download the pack like we did tonight :), or you can simply download and install the stage pack now:

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=442&t=4296

Is it only a problem with ACCT ? Because your link allow to download BTB stages 3.

Maybe we can create a rally this week to see if everybody can join the session.
I tried the ACCT Ivato Reverse tonight, and I get this message during the load. Did everybody had the same error message with the loadeffect ?

Is it only a problem with ACCT ? Because your link allow to download BTB stages 3.
Ah, yes, I just assumed it was both of them. Just the ACCT in this pack fixed it.

Maybe we can create a rally this week to see if everybody can join the session.
We did :). I posted it in this thread too: http://www.racedepartment.com/rd-rally-championship/37899-rdrc-s1-round-2-a-3.html#post607700

The EU session ended an hour ago. If you can, join the OCX, US or OC sessions.

I tried the ACCT Ivato Reverse tonight, and I get this message during the load. Did everybody had the same error message with the loadeffect ?

Yup, that's normal, the stage should load fine.

EDIT: ah, right. The stage will probably work for everyone offline, did you try to run it online?

EDIT: ah, right. The stage will probably work for everyone offline, did you try to run it online?

No, I just try this stage yesterday offline. I will try to see if I can join the last session to see if everything is allright. I just need to try to join the session, if there is a problem with these SS, will I be informed at the entrance of the rally or only when the SS is loaded ?

I just need to try to join the session, if there is a problem with these SS, will I be informed at the entrance of the rally or only when the SS is loaded ?

Seb, I am guessing, but it looks like the guys got a message about downloading the BTB Stage 3 when they first joined the Session. I have re-downloaded it just to be sure.

If you want to check for yourself at a more suitable time, you could always set up your own Server session (it is explained in the Richard Burns Rally Forum how to do this).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back