RDLMS Season 7 Schedule Alteration

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RDLMS.png

Unexpected events cause change in RDLMS Season 7 Schedule - Round One converted to test event.

Following concerns regarding the origins of the track to be used for the opening round of RDLMS season 7, we have taken the decision to cancel the points scoring rewards from the race. Round One originally scheduled for March 4th has been converted to a test event not eligible for points towards the main season. As an offer of apology for the change in circumstances we are pleased to offer the winning drivers of both the Prototype and GTE class a full years free Premium membership to RaceDepartment.

A new season finale six hour race will now take place on November 18th. The remaining schedule will remain as it is currently.

Our rescheduled opening test race will still remain a Live Stream event, broadcast via our Twitch and Youtube channels, with full professional commentary.

The test race will maintain the original 4th March date and will be held at the Estoril circuit for a duration of two hours.

RaceDepartment would like to thank @melanieuk for the notification of the potential issues surrounding the Imola circuit and wish to apologize for the issues caused by this late change in plans.

Round One of the new season will now take place at the Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Interlargos on 1st April.

The RaceDepartment Le Mans Series by Vesaro begins with the Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Interlargos on April 1st. Drivers and teams can register for the league here and find out all you need to know about the series here.

Looking forward to RDLMS 7? Will you be taking part in the series or watching on from the sidelines? Which of the awesome prizes would you like to win this season? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Well i would also like to thank @melanieuk
Between myself and teammates we turned hundreds of laps practising for this event to be reasonably competitive..
Hours wasted. Surely there could have been a better way to handle this.
This way, nobody wins.drivers?no.rd?quite embarrassing for an event that i know i guys put a lot of work into.melanie? Not sure.track developer?no.

I maybe naive with this but couldnt rd pay to use the track for one event? 2 annual memberships worth of funds?
I feel for all the rd organisers who dont get paid and the drivers who practised.

Last edited:

Yokoinkopp

Richard Reckmann
As this has been quite a diplomatic announcement I doubt they tell us more details and in fact, to those who know this user, do know what´s going on there. I feel sorry for all of those who put much effort to this event by testing / adjusting the track. But also, I think we are going to have a good season anyways.

k_badam

Yer Nan
@DaVeX↯ What i got from looking through melanieuk's posts is that that version of Imola was nicked from another sim, with a few small changes to make it work with rFactor 2. I think RD should have done a bit more research into the mod they are using, as, the stuff they have got going for this championship is pretty insane.

As this has been quite a diplomatic announcement I doubt they tell us more details and in fact, to those who know this user, do know what´s going on there. I feel sorry for all of those who put much effort to this event by testing / adjusting the track. But also, I think we are going to have a good season anyways.
Yes some ppl you wish them a fast race upwards

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
I think RD should have done a bit more research into the mod they are using
We went as far as we could go. We even checked with some game developers if it was theirs and guess what: some of them had to discuss if it was theirs or not. Nobody could give us a clear answer by having a look at it :)

It's not an excuse, as we are well aware as being the largest website for simracing we are under a magnifying glass, and this track shouldn't have been picked. But we can't do more than posting an apology to the teams and drivers and go ahead with an adjusted schedule.

I have seen drivers suggesting we should pick another Imola track instead. From FSR, VEC and other rfactor 2 series but guess what: same story, it's either the same version or another version with an unclear origin. So it's really better to postpone it a little and make sure we have the correct tracks to run hopefully an awesome season of endurance racing.

Amedeo Fiorella

FFT Corse driver #116 Aston Martin v8 Vantage
Can't we just postpone the race a week later and switch it to another track? It would be a shame to waste all the time we've been testing our cars so far and the "racing mood" we all are on. Also, isn't REALLY no way we can race in Imola? Not even by a small payement by every team? I think many of us would gladly pay not to put all our efforts to this day in the trash, imo.

D

Deleted member 130869

• Deleted member 130869

That's going to eliminate most tracks from SRT, digga, and senormen. Even some prized ams tracks come from similar background.

(Replace with Lester :D:D:D)

I think we can safely say the majority of the rfactor community runs with content with at least a dubious origin. That doesn't make it right for us to do the same.

Although the timing is questionable @melanieuk did address a fair point as it isn't okay to run with a track that is from another game developer..
fair enough but.. from what you're saying, we don't know either way if it is copied or who owns it and the only way to ever be sure is...to run ISI tracks or create RD tracks from scratch?
Unless that happens, how can I be sure that I' m not going to practise hundreds of laps for the next big RD event and the plug gets pulled? at least I know interlagos is ISI.Just hope Melanieuk doesn't suggest ISI stole it or we're screwed :whistling:

We went as far as we could go. We even checked with some game developers if it was theirs and guess what: some of them had to discuss if it was theirs or not. Nobody could give us a clear answer by having a look at it :)

It's not an excuse, as we are well aware as being the largest website for simracing we are under a magnifying glass, and this track shouldn't have been picked. But we can't do more than posting an apology to the teams and drivers and go ahead with an adjusted schedule.

I have seen drivers suggesting we should pick another Imola track instead. From FSR, VEC and other rfactor 2 series but guess what: same story, it's either the same version or another version with an unclear origin. So it's really better to postpone it a little and make sure we have the correct tracks to run hopefully an awesome season of endurance racing.

VEC doesn't run Imola.

It took me less than five seconds to see where was that track coming from since I installed it long ago tbh. And FSR Imola is from Simbin (Race 07 or GTR Evo, can't remember).

Associat0r

@Simberia
Shame on RD that you had to praise @melanieuk who's on a major anti-rF2 campaign here and on Steam and everywhere else on the net for telling you whether a mod is illegal or not.
RD should have prevented this from happening in the first place, by scrutinizing mods before using them. No need to thank her for this.

It's not an excuse, as we are well aware as being the largest website for simracing we are under a magnifying glass, and this track shouldn't have been picked.
How about also showing some Simulation Value Responsibility to make sure the car mod uses acceptable physics instead of the fantasy physics EnduRacers mod. This site, this genre and this community has lost all its credibility.

At this point it would be better to call of the whole thing, before RD does more damage to the reputation of simracing.

Last edited:
fair enough but.. from what you're saying, we don't know either way if it is copied or who owns it and the only way to ever be sure is...to run ISI tracks or create RD tracks from scratch?
Unless that happens, how can I be sure that I' m not going to practise hundreds of laps for the next big RD event and the plug gets pulled? at least I know interlagos is ISI.Just hope Melanieuk doesn't suggest ISI stole it or we're screwed :whistling:
she complains about everything every where only thing she loves is Kunos thats making somebody think:whistling: she is so into all payed and calling evrything stolen content but she is even to stingy to buy premium account

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000