RDLMS Season 7 Schedule Alteration

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RDLMS.png

Unexpected events cause change in RDLMS Season 7 Schedule - Round One converted to test event.

Following concerns regarding the origins of the track to be used for the opening round of RDLMS season 7, we have taken the decision to cancel the points scoring rewards from the race. Round One originally scheduled for March 4th has been converted to a test event not eligible for points towards the main season. As an offer of apology for the change in circumstances we are pleased to offer the winning drivers of both the Prototype and GTE class a full years free Premium membership to RaceDepartment.

A new season finale six hour race will now take place on November 18th. The remaining schedule will remain as it is currently.

Our rescheduled opening test race will still remain a Live Stream event, broadcast via our Twitch and Youtube channels, with full professional commentary.

The test race will maintain the original 4th March date and will be held at the Estoril circuit for a duration of two hours.

RaceDepartment would like to thank @melanieuk for the notification of the potential issues surrounding the Imola circuit and wish to apologize for the issues caused by this late change in plans.

Round One of the new season will now take place at the Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Interlargos on 1st April.

The RaceDepartment Le Mans Series by Vesaro begins with the Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Interlargos on April 1st. Drivers and teams can register for the league here and find out all you need to know about the series here.

Looking forward to RDLMS 7? Will you be taking part in the series or watching on from the sidelines? Which of the awesome prizes would you like to win this season? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Their site does as literally yesterday they were racing on the same track as we wanted to.

Doesn't matter anyway, we were wrong with this one and take the full responsibility

VEC does not run imola, I just mentioned it bc I was aware as we race there. VLMS does but dunno what version they use. Not a track guy.

Anyways shrunk happens, not a big deal. I am sure once it kicks of here it will run just fine.

That's going to eliminate most tracks from SRT, digga, and senormen. Even some prized ams tracks come from similar background.

(Replace with Lester :D:D:D)

Tbh mate if they went down that route they would have to delete a lot of track content on here, especially in the AC section, their club used ACU's Bathurst which is a rip from RF2 and if it was SJ's Daytona they used in this league that was a straight rip from Simraceway, there's a very long list and it's very murky ground, I wouldn't want to go there :)

We went as far as we could go. We even checked with some game developers if it was theirs and guess what: some of them had to discuss if it was theirs or not. Nobody could give us a clear answer by having a look at it :)

But if that is the case then what is wrong with it? If Developers can't see problems then why should you not use it?

i still don't get how it wasn't obvious to you guys, you run the biggest sim site, you cover all sim news, so, surely you should be able to work out if something was stolen just by looking at things like curbs, runoff, grandstands and even the level of detail...
What exactly do you want to hear? Whatever decision we had to make will cause friction amongst some people. Where people work, mistakes are being made.

I remember reading this
:http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simbin-new-community-conversion-guidelines.72787/

If imola is from gtr 2, then i suppose it would he hypocritical to go back. Sad that a moderator(s) has made a careless mistake. I hope RD learns from it so that people like melanieuk have no room to stir trouble...after all, this event has been advertised for some time.i appreciate there is little else we can do now.

Let's say, however, that i put forward that melanieuk was a stooge, working for RD to delay the season further so that more teams had time to sign up to satisfy Vesaro (a crazy random but possible conspiracy theory with many flaws)...and this consipiracy could not be proved incorrect....would it be possible to shelve melanieuk until the end of the season as she isnt necessarily a 100% genuine member?:whistling:

Let's say, however, that i put forward that melanieuk was a stooge, working for RD to delay the season further so that more teams had time to sign up to satisfy Vesaro (a crazy random but possible conspiracy theory with many flaws)...and this consipiracy could not be proved incorrect....would it be possible to shelve melanieuk until the end of the season as she isnt necessarily a 100% genuine member?:whistling:

That's a bit strong Mr Ford. I love a good conspiracy theory though.:thumbsup::)

I really prefer on the same date with another version. We were training a lot to find the car setup and strategy.
Unfortunately there is not a legitimate, alternative version of Imola that could be used for this event, therefore the round itself has had to be removed from the calendar. Also, Round 2 cannot be brought forward because work on provisions for this event have not yet been finalised, and there is not sufficient time to complete the necessary work soon enough. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

You could have avoided all this by just hosting the event on Automobilista :p

Nah you should have used Raceroom, well it's got P2's and GT's. No track issues with that one....;)

Shame this happened though, and it's not the first time (I seem to remember there were issues with the tracks for the SuperV8 league as well). Anyway going forward hopefully all will be ok :thumbsup:

As Bram mentioned the issue RD has is it's under a spotlight all the time (look at all the F1 content that had to be removed). So these things are bound to happen occasionally. Being a league and sponsored by two large companies means that extra care has to be taken :)

The teams here are not paid to do this job, they do the leagues and events in their own time sometimes around family and work life as well.

There's more politics on RD than in F1 these days....:rolleyes:;):roflmao:

Last edited:
I don't believe what I read in the announcement tbh. You made two mistakes and just showed how naive you guys are. First of all it would have been clever to not use ripped content and second you fell for a great troll attempt and even write it in the news. Well done.

Maybe you can hire Melanie to check all the content for all planned club races for all sims on RD.
I think she would appreciate that alot. But I guess you will never see her complaining there about ripped or stolen content, because I have never seen her complaining on anything else before, especialy if it wasn't related to rF2. Isn't it a wierd coincidence that the troll comes out of his hole when a rF2 event is just around the corner? That's not some stupid conspiracy or anything, it's pretty obvious for everybody who can count one and one together. Unbelievable how you can offer a troll such a stage.

Btw, don't know why you need to ban Assiciatior for just telling you guys the obvious and playing devils advocate there. It's getting ridciolous. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back