RDLMS by Vesaro: Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans Starts Today!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RDLMS Le Mans Header.jpg

It's race day people! Find out the schedule, who's racing and how to watch the Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans in our biggest race of the 2017 RDLMS by Vesaro.

The RaceDepartment Le Mans Series by Vesaro is an endurance racing series inspired by the European Le Mans Series (ELMS), uses rFactor 2 and the Enduracers Endurance Series mod and features no less than 40 teams, 13 different manufacturers and over 150 drivers!

After a great deal of preparation by the stewards, organisers, teams and drivers themselves it's now finally that very special moment, the one everyone has been working towards... RACE DAY!

You can watch the action unfold live and exclusive with professional commentary from 12:50 GMT for full coverage of the Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans, the flagship event and third round of the biggest RaceDepartment endurance racing series.

So how can you watch the action yourself, and be in with a shout at winning some amazing and very expensive sim racing prizes? Well as you may already know, we are exceptionally proud to partner up with quality peripheral manufacturers Vesaro and Thrustmaster this season, who between them have generously put up on offer nearly 10,000 eu worth of superb prizes for the drivers and fans of the series to win this year! You can read the specific prize details on the Vesaro announcement HERE and the Thrustmaster announcement HERE.

RDLMS by Vesaro Le Mans Poster.jpg

Basically in order to be in with a shout at winning something very special indeed all our viewers need to do is follow and subscribe to our Youtube channel and watch our thrilling action packed broadcasts, which will be live streamed with professional commentary.

Round Three, the Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans will be live and exclusive Saturday 24th June on our YouTube channel from 12:00 GMT. The Session timetable can be seen below:

10:55 | Race server reboot
11:00 | Official practice & Briefing (no duplicate cars allowed from this point)
11:40 | GT qualifying (30 minutes)
12:10 | Qualifying switch-over (5 minutes)
12:15 | Prototype qualifying (30 minutes)
12:45 | Warm-up
13:00 | Race start [Saturday 24th June] (in-game: 13:00 / 1PM)
13:00 | Race ends [Sunday 25th June] (in-game: 13:00 / 1PM)

All times are posted in GMT.
RDLMS Le Mans GT Header 2.jpg
RDLMS Le Mans Header 3.jpg
RDLMS Chicane High.jpg
RDLMS Header 5.jpg
RDLMS Le Mans Dusk GT.jpg
RDLMS Night Start Finish Straight.jpg

RDLMS by Vesaro Logo.png

Do you plan on watching the RDLMS by Vesaro Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans? Who are you cheering for come race start? Let us know in the comments section below!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Good luck to everyone taking part in the race and those behind the scenes making sure this awesome event is even possible in the first place.

Major credit should go to @Andrew Harper for his incredible artwork for this and previous rounds, to @alexSchmurtz for the brilliant and ever tricky spotter guides, to @Daiman Patel for being 'Mr RDLMS' and running himself ragged getting everything ship shape and to everyone involved in the whole process (sorry for no tag, I'm not close enough to the organisation to know who to tag!!)

Should be a spectacle and a half this one, really super stuff!

Much love to all! Race hard, race fair, race fast and race clean. The winner is always the one with the least mistakes.. a lesson only ever learnt, never taught!

alexSchmurtz

SpeedyMite Racing
Race day of the biggest race of this incredible season… Is everybody a bit nervous? I am! :roflmao: But really looking forward! It will be special to make a 24h race… It is amazing to have this possibility! I must admit I watched differently the race last week end…:p

Good luck to all the teams and driver involved! It was intense to prepare for this. The practice sessions this past couple evenings were insane, with 60+ people joining and leaving the server! (Yep, server did not like it…:whistling:), and I will probably remember them as much as the race as well. Now the goal is to safely go through the event and avoid any mistake!

Thanks a lot for the tag Paul. But like you mention, they are many more than 3 people behind the scene! :D Most if not all the RD staff has probably done one thing or an another; and like Andrew with his great poster we have many people outside staff helping also on their free time. I won't mention names, there are way too many! Maybe a certain @Paul Jeffrey giving us infos about the race all week long, and helping building the pressure?...:D

Good luck everyone and hope you all have a great race :thumbsup::)

Many thanks to all the RD team for all their hard work on the season so far and this will surely be the highlight of the league.

All the best to the RiP team and it's #105 car :thumbsup::cool:

VLpTxq7.jpg

Maybe I'll have a go at the RDLMS next time around because Sportscar racing is my favourite motorsport but I just need real life to leave me in peace for a while! :laugh::D

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • €3001-5000