RDiLMS - Summer Tour 2012

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
We are currently experimenting with a new - though honored - league management system for iRacing. Please let us know if you experience any problems using the website by posting a description of the problem below.

Contact Shawn Purdy (iLeagueRace owner) in case of:
  • login problems

Had to ask. Every group does it a little differently. I hadn't seen the Trading Paints software yet. Thanks gentlemen.
http://www.tradingpaints.com/page/Desktop
if you havent already, register there and download the software. i recommend using express one as its easy to use. just click on the cars you want to download and it will download all skins for those cars automatically (ofc, skins that others uploaded). so you can share your car there as a lot of the people of iracing community uses it.

http://www.tradingpaints.com/page/Desktop
if you havent already, register there and download the software. i recommend using express one as its easy to use. just click on the cars you want to download and it will download all sinks for those cars automatically (ofc, skins that others uploaded). so you can share your car there as a lot of the people of iracing community uses it.
Glad to see you guys are enjoying it. Let me know if you run into any problems and I'd be glad to help. :)

Steve

HELP please... i have a big issue with my braking on this car. i keep spining as soon as i start turning almost every single lap, and i don't know why...

earlier today i started thinkin' that i might be downshifting to fast but since my internet has been down until now i have not been able to try later downshifts. but could this be the problem or do i just suck??

thanks for any usefull (or unusefull) points on the matter :)

HELP please... i have a big issue with my braking on this car. i keep spining as soon as i start turning almost every single lap, and i don't know why...

earlier today i started thinkin' that i might be downshifting to fast but since my internet has been down until now i have not been able to try later downshifts. but could this be the problem or do i just suck??

thanks for any usefull (or unusefull) points on the matter :)
same problem and for me it is Ford GT
also i am stuck with cockpit view cam,i realy cant find a confortable view position with fov, either i dont feel the speed or i dont see into the corner...so far i am very slow,i am doing touring car times at sebring:(

iRacing has a bit of a problem here. You want to decrease FOV to see more, but need to increase it to feel the speed more. I usually drive somewhere between 62 en 72 and get used to the idea of not sensing speed that much.

Make sure you fully depress the brakes before driving. The first time after you restart your PC it will not have the right settings with Logitech wheels.

If it's not that, it's your driving. Brake early, roll into the corner and then slowly start pressing the throttle. If you can't handle that, just go one click down on the clutch plates (differential setting) or move some up on the differential preload.

yep, the Ford needs to be played like no other car in any other sim, it feels very very real and also turning in looks spot on in the replay, it's the coordination of things to do between first breakpoint and exit that is different to any other thing I've played. Singular. Plus: I wouldn't be able to say how I do it if I get it right (which is not too often), so I'm of little help.

If you race on 1 screen, I would really suggest to have your FOV as low as possible (45-55)
It is really difficult and strange in the beginning, but you have a much better feel for the car and you drive smoother.

I am not the fastest guy out there, but I managed to drive a full stint in practice yesterday without major spins or accidents (almost every lap was between 1:58:5 and 1:59:5, with a fastest of 1:57:4, C6-R).

Keys are:
- brake in time, don't push the car in the corner
- let it roll through the corner, with a little bit of gas applied in the faster and/or bumpier corners. This helps keeping the car balanced.
- don't try to push for one fast lap, try to find a good rhythm that you are comfortable with and can maintain for 2 hours.
- use Yoeri's setup, it works for me :)

Sebring is tricky track, because of all the bumps. You can really feel and see the car jumping around on all the bumps and curbs. So let the car settle and be gentle with the gas and break pedal

If you want to go really fast and win the race, you have to ask advice at other people that are much faster then me ;)

Ford GT is one special car. I had to pretty much re-learn everything i know about getting a car around a corner.
It´s much better now with the later builds, i would probably say super solid compared to the first release which had a chronic rear-end issue where it would always come around in low speed stuff.

I only have two quick laps with the Ford GT, perhaps they can help out in how to drive the car, footwork is visible in the videos.

At the time only 6 tenths from the world record,

I think this one is less then a second from the WR at the time.
This was done with a very old build so you can see how it wants to get away from me a few times.

Should help somewhat in how to approach the car, if not then ask and i´ll try to help.

I felt the GT ws pretty easy to get along with comapred to the C6R when we were trying to decide what we would drive. So far the best I've turned around Sebing in it was a 2:02:868. Race pace for me is in the 3's and 4's. I can run those without spinning off and that's going to be key in the 2 hours events. Staying on track and out of trouble. THe only issue I have with the GT40 so far is for some reason it take a great amount of brake effort at the pedal on my part to ge the car to stop well. That's something I had the opposite problem with when running the Star Mazda car and the MX-5. The brake effort at the pedal was to sensitive. Just to experiment I drove the Daytona Prototype around Sebring and that car required about the amount of effort I expect on the brake pedal efore the tires locked.

The GT seems to suit my steer with the rear driving style.

[quote="Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan]@Kenny Duval - o man u are damn fast..some 3sec faster then me:)hope i can improve in the next days,but we have a saying in Romania "u can not make the pig fat with 3 days to Christmas" for Christmas we have pig stake[/quote]

However I had nothing for you in the Race07 Touring cars. Damn front wheel drive Vovlo would just never get off the corner as well as I would have liked it to do. The speed is there..I have no doubt you'll find it.

[quote="Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan]@Kenny Duval - o man u are damn fast..some 3sec faster then me:)hope i can improve in the next days,but we have a saying in Romania "u can not make the pig fat with 3 days to Christmas" for Christmas we have pig stake

However I had nothing for you in the Race07 Touring cars. Damn front wheel drive Vovlo would just never get off the corner as well as I would have liked it to do. The speed is there..I have no doubt you'll find it.[/quote]
just did another set off laps, i am getting worse:( just can get used to iracing yet,i have 3 setups and all 3 snap at low speed,and it is not from downshifting...sleep now,more laps tomorow
cheers

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 109 88.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 17.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 46 37.4%