RDHGP S2 - Historic Grand Prix 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
tc65clubchamp.jpg
View attachment 3690
RaceDepartment proudly announces the second season of the TC65 league in SimBin's GT Legends: The RaceDeparment TC 65 Racing Club Championship or RDTC65.

In eight rounds drivers can battle for the overall win, keeping to the League Regulations of 2008 and keeping a close eye on the code of the Racing Club.

The championship is not exclusively for Racing Club members, but should nonetheless act a quality promotion of the Racing Club.

To join you must simply sign up to the RD Single Drivers team in the RDTC65 at RD GPCOS. Click here and simply select 'RD Single Drivers' below RDTC65. No other teams are allowed.

Make sure you creat a GT Legends profile with your REAL NAME and make sure you add it to your RD GPCOS User Profile. Click here to change your GTL name in the RD GPCOS User Profile.

Download the RDTC65 League Format 2008 HERE!

That was pretty intense racing, very good fun, even if the the two "Bismarks" could blast past down the two straights like I was standing still.

For some reason, I couldn't come to grips with the track, and was quite a bit off my practice laps off-line. Decided to go with plenty of fuel and choose my time to pit based on traffic, but I was hoping for something similar to Gary, leave it as late as possible.
Qualy at P6, not bad but the start was going to be eventful I feared.
The start was a little rough (lots of argy bargy all right), and I didn't come out too well, back to P9. I was struggling to hold onto the guys in front and was getting plenty of hurry up from behind, I think the extra fuel may have been contributing. So I decided to pit earlier and look for some cleaner air. That helped a bit, but on this track there was always going to be someone to battle with. For the last half of the race I had a great scrap with David Cuthill, who I think was a tad quicker, but he just couldn't find a clean pass. Thanks for the close clean racing David. :thumb: Everytime David set himself for the pass, someone in front would have a "moment", slowing both of us and preventing his pass on me. Had some nice close racing with Gary towards the end too.
Finally held on to finish P5, which I think was better than I deserved.

Did bad qualifying could get better time then 1:05.2 and ended at 9Th spot . In race i had a best time of 1:04.9.

Started the race reasonable good for my capacity and stayed on my start position .

Had for some laps a fight with Warren en could past him , he was slightly slower (more fuel i think).
Managed to get spot 6 few laps later.

Did my pit stop (with tyres ) in lap 21 .
Came back on the track on the 11Th position and had a good speed for the rest of the race , managed to get spot 8 but there was noting more in for me.
Something is wrong with my pit stops , the take to much time.
Everytime (not monza :cool:) i loosing to much time and got to find out how this comes.

Really good fun racing for me at Symmons. I made a reasonable qualifying time putting me 8th on the grid, a few hundredths behind Garry Lennon and Warren Dawes.

Made a clean start as I slipped past the rough start up ahead and I'm eventually having good fun chasing Garry for a while when I get a jump on him and start to pull away. It was then fairly quiet until I pitted around lap 20 and came back out just behind Warren. I then spent the next 20-odd laps right behind, trying to get past without taking either of us out. Got very close to a pass at various time but just not quite enough. Great driving Warren to keep it together with me breathing down your pipes for half the race. Finished up 6th.

hope you guys had a good race. after about 8 laps i had a terrible lag and the game froze for a minute or so. then i found out i was last and the track looked like a puzzle of colors and i could not see anything. so i decidied to leave. btw sorry mark for hitting u

• Andy Marsden

Hi guys, sorry I couldn't be there tonight, had to go out straight from work and wasn't able to get on a PC to declare me abscence.
See you all at Watkins Glen next weekend.

Had some good racing apart from i didn't win :(
Qualified 3rd my car went faster with alot more fuel.

Got a poor start lost 2 places so I had to work back through the field.
On the 2nd lap of the race with a full tank of fuel I set the fastest lap which was 3 tenths faster than my qualy time
Managed to get the league and have a 4 seconds gap over second place before i pitted
( I had put 19 laps in but the red light came on on lap 16 so I pitted then.)
After everybody had made there pits I ended up 8 seconds behind Peter, i didn't quite understand this (fuel must take alot of time in the Falcons) When there was 2 laps to go my red light came on, I didn't understand this I should of had 4 more laps so I had to drive a bit slower to save my fuel.
Grats to Peter for winning again( i thought I was going to be the first British guy to win a league race this season)
Grats to Gary for the last podium place. It looked like you had to do some defending on the last couple of laps from Jari

Can't wait for Watkins:D

Qual: 6th Finish: 3rd

Standard qual performance to start on the third row,always happy with that,got a lovely leap off the line and clean into 3rd for T1 tucked in behind Peter and Andreas,Jari & Ben quietly followed me round lap one,then Ben made his blast past down the straight and headed off to hassle the 2 leaders,it was fun watching him do his work on them and have the lead leaving Andreas and Pete to battle for 2nd,they had a slight coming together at the first hairpin and i was gifted second place,Jari ended up slotted in behind them both,Andreas starting applying pressure so i pushed as hard as i dared,and managed to keep him at bay,a little spin by him gave me some space to breathe again.
Had a good clean stop around lap 27?...exited pits just in time to see Pete whizz past in the lead followed by Ben,i got out just in time to get in front of Jari,i noticed Ben didnt look as comfortable as he was in the first stint,and even closed on him on the bendy parts,but realistically my main problems were from behind in the form of Jari!!,he stuck to my back end to the finish,even causing me to do the defensive line a couple of times,a somewhat nervous and shaky finish to hold on to the last podium place was a nice surprise.
Grats to Pete and Ben,and thanks to all for another top notch clean respectful race.

Catastrophic race after making some good personal progress in practice and qualifying. Got myself down to 1.18.062 which I was happy with and felt sure I could push into the 1.17's in the race.

Got a fairly good start, though it was very tight with a bit of argy bargy going on so backed off a little. It's after taking another tap into the sweeping right hander that my ffb decided to disappear:crazy: so I was driving on visual cues for the rest of the race unable to 'feel' the car at all:( The result was 'interesting' but not one I'd like to repeat. Unable to feel the little bump just before the last hairpin was a pain because that where I was setting my downchange point. Anyhow, it all went wrong, spinning, ended up being tapped a couple of times and, hey presto, broken suspension and big understeer. All before Lap 8, things didn't go well.

Stuck it out until Lap 26 when I had planned to pit. On entering the pits I couldn't see my pit man as he was in front of Gary's 'Tina quite well camouflaged. So having to donut into my pit space was novel and possibly a high point of my race.:p

Kept going to the end, apologies to anyone who got stuck behind the rolling chicane that was myself, hope I didn't do too damage to your race. See you all later.

Simon.

• Jerome Benard

I start 6 or 7 i think and i make a bad start, i was after the first chicane 13°.

I came back faster behind Warren and i have a fantastic battle with him.
Finally after many pass, repass, i was 6° before my stop.

I lost more time in my stop and Warren pass me but, i attack him and pass to finish in a cool drive in 6 place.

Very nice battles Warren:thumb:

Grats to the podium and thanks all
See you at Watkins :D

:becky:

Qual : 7
Finish : 9

Had a reasonable good start , could win 1 place.
The first round the car did not behave very well.
Warren had me in his visor en made me a little bit nervous, so that at T2 i was a little wide en got off the track.
I lost 2 places.
After a couple of laps my car was good to drive.
I planned my pit stop at lap 26.
At lap 26 i was on the 2th place en with not much fuel needed (2l) i thought to gain some places .
But guess what ? again my pit stop was a disaster (i hate this pit stops).
When i came out of the pit a was again 8th with 25 sec lost on the car at the 7th place.
I was angry and made some mistakes so i lost another place .
Those pit stops are ...... :amen:

Grats to the podium finishers.

See you all next time .

Interesting race for me, and good fun.
Right from the start of practice, I knew I would struggle for points at this track, the setup just didn't feel comfy in a couple of turns.
Qualified about P8 ish I think, and lost a place or two off the line. I went with a high fuel load with the plan to pit late. The car was actually quicker with high fuel, so that looked a little better.
Most of the race was spent looking at the tail of Jerome's huge red Falcon, so i didn't get much site seeing of the track. I occasionally slipped past him in a turn or two, but he just blasted past down the straight. Pitted just behind Andreas, and that was a worry since I could only just fit into my pitbay behind him. I got a quick (very little fuel) pitstop but had to wait a bit until Andreas car left his pit, so followed him out, just as Jerome charged into my mirrors, so once again our battle resumed, with the same result, me tucked into his big red rear again, blocking my view.
Eventually finished P7 but really enjoyed our race long battle, Jerome. Man, those Falcons are big.

Thanks to all who raced, it all looked very clean to me.

funny race

Great lap in qualy and P1 :)

But in race i think my setup was not optimal, too much understeer. And at the end of turn one had a spin which coast me about 7-10 sec, so peter ben,gary and jari too was not to get after this.
P5 at the end is after pole another disappointment for me.
But was nice fun in the first rounds with some fair fights (peter :thumb:). The bump can be happen peter, NP from my side.
Hope for a great finishevent in watkins glen and a full server :rolleyes:

Cu on track

So, that was best race in this season thanks to Andreas! :thumb: It was really-really fun, and I really-really sorry that bump!!!

My start was quite good, I kept the 2nd position, but not too long. Ben passed me easily, and the driving behind him was not too ideal for me. I could not take the advantage of my Alfa in the corners, and I had no chance in the straights. Then Andreas missed the last corner, and we had great fun. (I hope.) And apologies again!

This track was quite different in the aspect of the tire usage. Generally I did my pitstops at the last part of the race, but here I had to do it at halftime. This track really eats the tires.

I started the race with 40l amount of fuel, which was more than necessary for the whole race, so I took 1click fuel at pitstop.

Ben, the difference between our pitstops comes from more things. The in lap, the out lap, the amount of fuel etc. For example I tell you one of my trick :D. I put every necessary button on my wheel to set up my pitstop. Pitlimiter, down arrow button, right arrow button and the enter button, so I can set my pitstop within 1 second! Click! Click! Clik! Believe me, it means seconds!!! And a lot of practice to do it with closed eyes. I do 20-30 pitstops before each race to learn how to do it perfect. So I just wanted to make you sure, that my pitstop was like the rules said.

So guys, thanks for the race, and I'm a bit sad that the last one comes.

I put every necessary button on my wheel to set up my pitstop. Pitlimiter, down arrow button, right arrow button and the enter button, so I can set my pitstop within 1 second! Click! Click! Clik! Believe me, it means seconds!!! And a lot of practice to do it with closed eyes. I do 20-30 pitstops before each race to learn how to do it perfect. So I just wanted to make you sure, that my pitstop was like the rules said.

So guys, thanks for the race, and I'm a bit sad that the last one comes.

Necessary Button, cant believe it ? I think i have to look in the options what is possible in the game. I ever fill up manual and you know what happen in Dijon :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back