RDHGP S2 - Historic Grand Prix 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
tc65clubchamp.jpg
View attachment 3690
RaceDepartment proudly announces the second season of the TC65 league in SimBin's GT Legends: The RaceDeparment TC 65 Racing Club Championship or RDTC65.

In eight rounds drivers can battle for the overall win, keeping to the League Regulations of 2008 and keeping a close eye on the code of the Racing Club.

The championship is not exclusively for Racing Club members, but should nonetheless act a quality promotion of the Racing Club.

To join you must simply sign up to the RD Single Drivers team in the RDTC65 at RD GPCOS. Click here and simply select 'RD Single Drivers' below RDTC65. No other teams are allowed.

Make sure you creat a GT Legends profile with your REAL NAME and make sure you add it to your RD GPCOS User Profile. Click here to change your GTL name in the RD GPCOS User Profile.

Download the RDTC65 League Format 2008 HERE!

Hard fight for the 4the place between me and Andreas.
I got it with i very little difference.

The race start was again bad for me lost two places.

Planned my pit stop for lap 14 or 15.
Had for some laps the 1 place but i knew that that would not be for long because the falcons where flying.
Did my pit stop on lap 13 because i was not sure that there was enough fuel.
After my pit stop i found myself on the 4 the place and that was also my finish place.

After the race there was some discussions about that i hit amir.
Now i would look to the replay but that's overwritten by some replay where one car is in the air :rolleyes:

So if somebody can show me the replay on the spot where i hit amir i would like to see it.
If i hit him it was for sure not my purpose to take him of the track and i would gladly say sorry.

beredom race ^^

5th after qualy closely behind Patrick and not so closely behind the Fords.

After first round i come in 4th place and in lap nine i do my pitstop with 3-4 seconds in front of patrick. But it seemed my ptcrew is very slow or Patrick´s much faster because in finish i´m 14 seconds behind him. Had a little mistake on track but this lost max 4 sec.
So big surprise that i see nothing from Patrick after my pitting. I think there is a big span between the pits. A little random part for the races :rolleyes: or ?
It´s a pity that only 9 racers were online, so very boredom race. I drive 17 laps for my self without ane fights :noidea:
Even our championchip leader was not there. Hope for more drivers next race.
And Grats to podium (Was hopfully for a accident of a Falcon but noone does it for me ) :thumb:

After the race there was some discussions about that i hit amir.
Now i would look to the replay but that's overwritten by some replay where one car is in the air :rolleyes:

So if somebody can show me the replay on the spot where i hit amir i would like to see it.
If i hit him it was for sure not my purpose to take him of the track and i would gladly say sorry.

Here is my replay:

http://rapidshare.com/files/144481592/RD_TC65_League_Monza_GP.Vcr.html

It looks like you definitely hit Amir, it's at 258 secs.

Also, it looks like you didn't change tyres during the pitstop, can you confirm? Usually during the pitstop, you see the car get jacked up but this didn't happen in your pitstop??

hi guys .well a very disapointing race for me. in the start i made 2 places and got to to 4th place. then had a fair fight with andreas lofler, made a little mistake and andres passed me in a fair way:thumb:then i got in a fight with patrick spelman, patrick i tried to have a fair race but in the 2nd lap ,as seen in the replay you hit me, when i was in the racing line before the chicane and i went off the track and into the berier. it took me at least 40 seconds to get back on the track and it realy destroied my race.i am sure you didnt hit me on purpose and i apollegize for accusing u after the race but i think that you could have been more patient and then we could have had a gr8 race.
btw did everyone change tyres in the pit stop? if not what does the league organzires think about that?
grats youri for the win. as for me i think my championship is over...( amir mar in race)

• Jerome Benard

wahouuuuu very nice flying Falcon :becky:.

I make a very cool Pole :bounce:.

I start very good and i manage to make an advance but, i make a big error of strategie, i make too more fuel in the car. I have a very big battle with my friend Yoeri (very clean thanls mate):Banane01:

I pitstop in second position and put 1 liter more in the tank and change my 4 tires
But after i lost big time with my heavy tank. (i have 5 laps of fuel more)
I finished Second :second:

Some pics whith the start and my battle with Yoeri.

Grats Yoeri and all. See you next race.

Here is my replay:

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

It looks like you definitely hit Amir, it's at 258 secs.

Also, it looks like you didn't change tyres during the pitstop, can you confirm? Usually during the pitstop, you see the car get jacked up but this didn't happen in your pitstop??

thx Warren i will look at the replay.
No just fuel , no tyres .

amir mar again sorry.

Ok id didnt know i should change tyres also sorry you can disqualify me :(

Revenge of the Falcons

Well this race went as expected, the Falcons got their revenge after the tight, twisty Knutstorp track last round. I knew I had no chance, so I opted for a safe strategy hoping to scrounge at least some points, which I finally did.
Again, I usually have terrible luck in early laps at Monza, so I qualified last to stay out of trouble.
Since I was last, I pitted early (and changed all 4 tyres), to get it over and done with. Then just concentrated on keeping the car on track to see where I would finish. I ended up reasonably close to Andreas for the last few laps but we were pretty equal so no chance to gain that extra place, and ended P6 which was ok for this track which really gave the Alfa no chance.

Congratulations to Yoeri for the win :thumb:, and to Jerome and Ben for the podium.
Pity about the small turn up though.

• Andy Marsden

Sorry I didn't turn up guys, had internet troubles and couldn't even log into the lobby :(
Ah well, see you all next week

I looked at the RDTC65 format and it Say's changing all 4 tyres.

Please guy's disqualify me i don't deserve 4the place. :cool:
I feel bad about it , i really didn't know i should also change tyres .
Normally i do change tyres while pitting , but this time tyres where really good.

Sorry all for not turning up yesterday - I was actually pretty excited to race but about an hour before start of practice I managed to make a pretty little hole into my hand with an awl (in the span between thumb and other fingers) so I was unable to hold my wheel with two hands.
See you all on the track next time. And yeah, it's a shame that only such few joined the race yesterday.. sorry all.

Not the most enjoyable evening for me I'm afraid. Had a major issue with my pc Wednesday which meant a motherboard change and complete format and reinstall. Got things fairly ready about an hour before practice so this was a test of stability of my 'newish' system as well:eek:

It was only when I got online I realised how much I dislike racing at Monza, as Andreas said, a seriously uninteresting track. It also brings back bad memories of GTR2 public servers, half expecting a 550 to wipe me out at any moment.

So, 9 entries, qualified 8th, revved my engine, lights went green and that's as good as it got really:( Made a good start but had to concede pace to avoid being squeezed into the barrier at the start. Had a few laps behind Jerome Martin who made it very difficult to pass then followed a succession of mistakes which ended in me coming in for an early pitstop and spinning into the pit entrance wall:doh: To compound my error I also picked up a stop and go for speeding in the pitlane.:smash: Race over. I came back out finished the race 2 laps down. More annoyed with myself really.

Anyway, I shall miss Symmons Plain next week due to the dreaded night shifts, so see you all in 2 weeks hopefully back on the ball and ready for Taragua.

Simon:)

PS Glad to report that after a bit of tweaking and fettling my new motherboard is, so far, stable and behaving so I'll have 100% concentration on the race next time.:thumb:

Well, obviously, a good race for me. But it didn't start off as I expected...

Qualification went well. I did a 2.17.9 and had to option to go 0.3 - 0.4 faster if I pushed it. But it seemed at first that this was not needed. Ben, who I expected to be the thougest competitor in this race, was behind me. But then Jerome came out of nothing, with 2.18.0 and (I'll be damned) a 2.17.5. Of course I had to try to get that pole, but I coulnd't put that lap together in the last 10 minutes.

I was surpised... But, very, very good job Jerome. Gratz with the pole, you earned it fair and square!

The race didn't start well. I think I wasn't focussing on teh right thing, but whatever it was, it made me shift up way too soon, dropping me back to third and nearly fourth (but that would have been unacceptable :D). So I had to remain calm and see how I could challenge the two Falcons in front of me.
It took em two to three laps to figure where I could get the edge over Ben and thus made the move for second, succesfully. Then I had to challenge Jerome, who had proven to be at least as fast as I was and kept proving it. At first I had a hard time to keep up, but then I started gaining and by lap 5 or 6 I could try attacking him. It worked on the second attempt.
The first few laps after were hard. Jerome kept pushing and tried to dive into the gaps I left open. It was thoroughly good fighting! Thanks for that Jerome.
THen Jerome and Ben hit the pit and I decided to do that the lap after. A good move so it appeared, because I went came out 2 seconds before Jerome and with Ben nowhere to be found. From there on it was a straight drag to teh finishline, with me pulling away from Jerome and challenging my fastest laptime. Eventually I managed 2.17.1, which put a smile on my face.

Glad with the win. Gratz to the Jerome and Ben for the podium.

See you Down Under! I'm hoping for another Falcon Party! :becky:

Nice to see i was sorely missed..... :rolleyes: :p

Terminal dead router problems shot me down in the early hours of thursday,just moved up to 3rd and was closing on the 2 battling leaders in iRacing when suddenly the 2 cars ahead disappeared....been down and out since then,currently on old pc and usb modem trying to get things sorted temporarily until a replacement router gets here.

Well done Podiumateers
Cyas Soon :thumb:

It's very interesting! In the last few days I could not reach the RaceDepartment site (only the RaceDepartment sites), so I could not get the password from the gpcos. On Thursday night I was waiting almost 1 hour in the game's chatroom, maybe somebody can tell me the pwd. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 16.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 69 35.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 107 55.7%