RDHGP S2 - Historic Grand Prix 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
tc65clubchamp.jpg
View attachment 3690
RaceDepartment proudly announces the second season of the TC65 league in SimBin's GT Legends: The RaceDeparment TC 65 Racing Club Championship or RDTC65.

In eight rounds drivers can battle for the overall win, keeping to the League Regulations of 2008 and keeping a close eye on the code of the Racing Club.

The championship is not exclusively for Racing Club members, but should nonetheless act a quality promotion of the Racing Club.

To join you must simply sign up to the RD Single Drivers team in the RDTC65 at RD GPCOS. Click here and simply select 'RD Single Drivers' below RDTC65. No other teams are allowed.

Make sure you creat a GT Legends profile with your REAL NAME and make sure you add it to your RD GPCOS User Profile. Click here to change your GTL name in the RD GPCOS User Profile.

Download the RDTC65 League Format 2008 HERE!

I dont get to start this report with the standard "im dismal in qual" routine :becky:,found myself on row 2 starting in P3,got the power down fine and moved off more or less in unison with Warren with a comfortable looking bit of space when i last looked before turn in,then felt my back end getting punted round,getting out the gravel seemed to take all night,back of pack by a long way,the idea was now see how many qual style laps i could string together in a row until the fuel or tyres force pitting,places were handed to me with alarming regularity as those ahead had their own close battling incidents going on,gradually the job of passing became progressively harder,but i wasnt really in the mood for hanging around at all,but still managed to keep my passes fairly clean.
Pitted on lap 24 with suffering tyres and a near empty tank,fuelled up and new boots on and out in 6th,i didnt look at timings or placings or anything else other than the track and the cars ahead to pass,i tried a late push on to close down Andreas as we both carved our way through the very nice blue flag guys,but no chance to steal 2nd without an error from Andreas,it didnt happen,so 3rd made me very happy after such a start to a race as this one.

Big Grats Warren on the win and Andreas in 2nd.
Many Thanks RD organisers.
Also no probs Warren m8,i know you will be a better judge than me of how it all happened,i was clueless as to what went on,i accept your apology for someone elses error ofcourse :wink:.

Also no probs Warren m8,i know you will be a better judge than me of how it all happened,i was clueless as to what went on,i accept your apology for someone elses error ofcourse :wink:.

It was a very slight and unfortunate series of taps and you were very unlucky Gary. (the sort of luck that usually happens to me). I have checked my understanding on the replay. I was happy to follow you through the turn 1 double complex and thought I was giving appropriate room. However, Yoeri had wound his Falcon up down the straight and was gaining places rapidly but having to go slightly off track to pass the cars behind me. This may have hindered his braking point a tad or maybe we slowed earlier than he anticipated, but he just gave me a mild nudge, but we were both on the apex of the double turn and therefore the grip limit (for cold tyres). The tap on my rear was just enough to slide me into you and because you were turning hard at that moment, it spun you around.
I felt bad about it and was about to stop and wait for you, but I really felt that it wasn't my fault, so I continued. I don't really think Yoeri did much wrong either, he tried hard to miss me and very nearly did.
I'm sorry you had that start, but you did extemely well to recover to 3rd.

...was able to gain on Peter in P2, but he was lagging badly, giving me lots of frights with his ghost. Suddenly I was showing P2 but Peter's car was still driving in front, but still lagging horribly. I eventually hit his stationary ghost exiting the last turn and hit the outside wall, damaging the car, but it was still driving pretty well, phew.

Really, really sorry Warren!!! During the qualification nobody mentioned that I was lagging. I think my connection was ok at that time. But under the race... I had no any visual sign that something was wrong, but my laptimes were strange to me (too slow). Then I jumped from P2 to P17, so ... sorry again Warren and congratulation.

off: Have yo ever tried the netKar Pro game? So if you have a little free time, download the demo version of this game (like I did) and try it.

Really, really sorry Warren!!! During the qualification nobody mentioned that I was lagging.

No need to apologise Peter, not your fault. I actually followed you during Qualy and you were fine, no lagging at all. During the Race, something went wrong for you, but it seemed to be lagging in the same spots on the track each lap, down the centre of the back part (behind the pit area) and exiting into the main straight (again when the pit area was coming into view), very strange. Sadly it ruined your race, and I survived very well.

Pretty poor result for me after a good start, last to 9th in a couple of corners. Started slipping back as I struggling with the Falcon and put Ben into a spin at the last corner, sorry there mate :)
Battled with Marc and Jerome M for quite a while too then I had Hansje looming in my mirrors which lead to problems.....
Hans you really DO need to sort your lag out my friend, the amount of times you punted me (which eventually caused me to spin) was unbelievable. To be honest I dont believe you were aware it happened as you never apologised so i'm not going to moan about it, just think you need to play around with your internet settings, AV software etc to try and remove your lag (I use AVG Free with no problems so i doubt its that).
Anyway back to the race, after the incident with Hans I kept going until lap 30 when I pitted. My strategy of a VERY long first stint went balls up as I had lost too much ground pushing on ruined tires. I eventuallly finished 14th, and last, at least 1 lap down to everyone - bit embarassing but it just wasn't my night it seems, was looking forward to this race as well :(

Andy

P.S. Apologies to Warren (and most likely others) for chatting a bit too much during qualify. :D

Sorry Andy, totally wasn't aware of this...for me it looks like I passed in a fair way, after I was on your tail for a long time.
Told this already during the chat, its no fun to drive this way.

A car in front is suddenly behind me, and behind is suddenly in front.

I think I am leaving this league for now, sorry guys...have fun :wink:
First have to solve this, maybe an other provider.

Don't want you to think I am a kind of wrecker.
Racing should be fun, but this way its not.
I was trying to keep all the guys out of their way, this way its impossible to drive my own race ofcourse.

Thanks Andy for your fair reply, appreciate this :thumb:

Hansje van Hees.

I think I am leaving this league for now, sorry guys...have fun :wink:
First have to solve this, maybe an other provider.

Don't want you to think I am a kind of wrecker.
Racing should be fun, but this way its not.
I was trying to keep all the guys out of their way, this way its impossible to drive my own race ofcourse.

Thanks Andy for your fair reply, appreciate this :thumb:

Hansje van Hees.

Don't think that there'd still be someone who thinks you're a wrecker.
I was behind you in Qualifying (where you did not stutter..) and you instantly went out of the way to not interfere with other drivers. Really appreciated that and it shows, how uncomfortable you are with this situation yourself.
I hope you'll soon be able to fix this issues!

Would be pretty sad if you'd have to give up the league because of such technical difficulties.

Don't think that there'd still be someone who thinks you're a wrecker.
I was behind you in Qualifying (where you did not stutter..)
Would be pretty sad if you'd have to give up the league because of such technical difficulties.

Totally agree, you were a thorough gentleman when I lapped you.
Something that bothers me though, you and Peter had identical problems, perfectly ok during Qualy, but lagging in the race. Did anything else start at that time on the server to cause an excess load.
Was the EVO race at Monza on the same server??

• Andy Marsden

Same here, my Fiancee is off to see her friends tomorrow as usual for a thursday evening though its a birhday for one of them so she wants to drink...therefore i'm a Designated Driver
See you at Symmons Plains next week :thumb:

Remember that you are very welcome in our leagues. I think you're a perfect example of a GTL Gentleman Driver. :thumb:

I used to put Warren in that group as well,, but now that he starts to win races I must change that to GTL Gentleman Speedmaniac. :becky:

• Andy Marsden

Change of plan, probably be able to make it now! Other half has a LONG hair appointment before she goes out so therefore is going straight to her friends from the hairdressers. RESULT! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 31 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 26 13.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 106 55.5%