Status
Not open for further replies.
IF..... any of the new gt3 cars that are in works get released before the start of the series will they be available or replace the older model?

Cheers
I wouldn't see a reason why not as it will widen the car pool, but it depends on it's compatibility with the current cars.
I'm pretty certain it would at least be discussed.

No no it's not random. We'll make a predefined list that will be published up front which car corresponds to which finishing position in the prequaly.
As much as I want to know how this will be done.....will this info be released AFTER the quali session so guys dont try sandbagging to get a certain car?

The rules for this Championship say that cutting is penalized by a drive-thru. As I'm sure all of you know, people do occasionally get bumped or pushed off the track, usually in a turn and most often at the start when there are many cars in a bunch. Since this is a sever setting, if something like this happens and all 4 wheels go over the line you are going to get a drive-thru regardless of the cause, correct?

As much as I want to know how this will be done.....will this info be released AFTER the quali session so guys dont try sandbagging to get a certain car?
Lets be honest here. Each car will be assigned to a qualy position. That's 60 different cars. Now, what are the chances that someone could "doctor" their own qualy time to achieve the exact position required to get their favourite car? I think you've probably got more chance of winning the lottery. :)

The rules for this Championship say that cutting is penalized by a drive-thru. As I'm sure all of you know, people do occasionally get bumped or pushed off the track, usually in a turn and most often at the start when there are many cars in a bunch. Since this is a sever setting, if something like this happens and all 4 wheels go over the line you are going to get a drive-thru regardless of the cause, correct?
Correct, but everyone is in exactly the same boat. It's either that, or disable cut detection and allow 60 drivers to go at it with no penalties. I think we all know what the result of that will be.

I agree, Ross, and I'm sure you all considered the various pros and cons but it does seem a little drastic. I thought a one or two infraction grace period might be a reasonable alternative but that may not be possible within the limits of the programming. I'm sure that anyone who takes his racing too seriously and tries to disadvantage a fellow driver with a bump would be caught in the reviews and penalized accordingly so I'm good with this. As you said, we're all in the same boat......or car in this case.

Lets be honest here. Each car will be assigned to a qualy position. That's 60 different cars. Now, what are the chances that someone could "doctor" their own qualy time to achieve the exact position required to get their favourite car? I think you've probably got more chance of winning the lottery. :)

Correct, but everyone is in exactly the same boat. It's either that, or disable cut detection and allow 60 drivers to go at it with no penalties. I think we all know what the result of that will be.
The slower guys not so much....for the aliens ive seen it done before. They know what times there capable of and will wait till the end to post a time to try getting a certain car that there more comfortable with.
Staying with the whole even and random car selection for everyone...id suggest waiting till after quali to release what times get which car.
Edit:
Aliens and kurupt minded people like myself will use any advantage possible :)
Ill most likely be in division 2....if 3 out 5 cars that i favor are at the bottom of the quali times why would I push for a faster time and raise my chances of getting a car i am not comfortable with?
Not telling us eliminates that factor.

Last edited:
Then perhaps they should practice more? In a sim with so many cars why do people limit themselves to cars they instantly feel comfy in and ignore all the others? You learn nothing as a driver if you stay in your comfort zone. There's over a month until the first RDGTC race, which is a lot of practice time.

A month to practice 14 cars and maybe 16 if the AMG and the Callaway C7 comes in September and be ready for pre-quali? 99% unlikely, if so I ask you, can you assure me with 101% certainty that you'd be 100% competitive in all cars, acquainted with each car driving style, it's techincalities, strong and weaknesses for Anderstorp?

Furthermore Ross, do you also think that in an additional month with your picked car and everything you'd be competitive enough to fight for a win, or maybe a top-5, top-10 in all cars, all scenarios, time of day, fuel usage, tyre wear, grip and everything?

I know I wouldn't.

Honest question here.

"If" I qualify, I'm quite looking forward to see what car I'm given, yes I have my go to car's but hey what the hell it's all good :thumbsup:
I might get lucky and get a fave car (Kenny I sent that payment to your off shore account,Shetlands I think :D)

I have never raced in a league before. (sorry, little white lie, I did race in a Nascar Racing 2003 league many many tears ago) Listening to all this is tempting me. And I don't care what car I get, it will still have some sort of speed restrictor built in somewhere. All my sim cars do.:)

Last edited:
These days 30 minutes can be a struggle no chance for 90, anyway I don't know how many divisions we'd have to run before I'd qualify:rolleyes:

LOL. :roflmao:
I was thinking the same thing. 90 minutes is a long time for me too. But I was thinking of taking a 10 minute rest at my pitstop, getting out, stretching the old legs, have another beer, take the dog for a quick walk, give the missus a kiss and then get back in all fresh like and race on. I have calculated that doing this will not affect the result. :D:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back