RDCCC S4 - Chevrolet Camaro Cup (RACE On, GTR Evolution, STCC - The Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yves Larose

Premium

League: RaceDepartment Chevrolet Camaro Cup
Season: 4 (2011)
Game(s) Required: Race On\ GTR-Evo\STCC the game and Race 07
Current Number of Divisions: 1

This league will be on invitational basis only!

Some drivers participated in S1,2 and 3 will receive an invitation to join the league, after the invitations are send and replied the entry list will be updated. Interested drivers, with a licensed membership and ranking status, can apply for the available places but we decide who will eventually drive based on a few criteria:

- driving standards
- commitment
- participation in previous RD leagues

This means that some people will be disappointed but that is unfortunately the downside of this system. We might open up a second server for a second group that will be the feeder series for the next seasons.

Sign-up agreement

Signing up for the league is a contract that your signing meaning that if you sign off at any giving moment after signing up is a breach of the contract. Braking the contract will result in consequences that can go as far as your licensed member status beeing remove or you beeing forbidden to participate to any other RD leagues for a year.

Available cars

The 2010 Camaro Cup ( mod )

Calendar

Saturday February 5th - Watkins Glen GP + New TV Cams
Saturday February 19th - Birubi SouthernCross
Saturday March 5th - Sugo 2006 ( classic layout )
Satruday March 19th - Hockenheim 2004
Saturday April 2nd - Detroit 1988
Saturday April 16th - Interlagos
Saturday April 30th - Trois Rivieres 2008
Saturday Mai 14th - Spa-Francorchamps 2009 ( download link TBA )

Session Info

Practice: On race day the servers will be open all day to practice
Super Pole Qualification: 19:00 GMT (15 minutes)
Warm-up: 19:15 GMT (10 minutes)
Race: 19:25 GMT (between 60-80 minutes including formation lap)

Race settings

-Manual gears. Auto gears will be turned off.
-Real life weather simulation.

Point system

1: 30
2: 27
3: 24
4: 22
5: 20
6: 18
7: 16
8: 14
9: 12
10: 11
11: 10
12: 9
13: 8
14: 7
15: 6
16: 5
17: 4
18: 3
19: 2
20: 1

Pole: 1 point

Championship type

Driver championship only.

Liveries

Having you own livery is mandatory, if you can not create your own we encourage you to ask help from the community.

Livery deadline: TBA

Absense

This is the most important part of the league briefing you need to understand! If you are allowed to drive the in league we expect you to be present during all races of the season. If you happen to miss out on an event and go missing in action afterwards without giving any notice the race staff reserve the rights to terminate your licensed member status on RaceDeparment.

Incidents

It may happen that rules get violated. In such cases it is up to the drivers to report the violation. The staff encourages this and will only investigate incidents that are reported by drivers.

No report = no investigation = no penalty

A report can be sent to the staff by private message. It must always contain:

o Name of the league: RDCCC S4
o The name of the reported driver (the violator)
o A link to a youtube or vimeo movie that shows the incident in various angles
o A short description of the incident, without rant.

You must always send the report with your own forum account. You can only send a report if you were actually in the race. Report from outsider will be not be considered.
After sending the staff will then investigate the incident. Incomplete reports will not be considered.

Reports must be sent within 48 hours of the finish of the race. Reports that come in too late might not be considered.

General League Rules

All the general league rules are written down in a document for the 2010 league season. Click here to read it! Additionnal rules or rule specifications might be added in the rule thread so make sure you read them and understand them.

So the statistics are, Q 9th - F 8th. Now for the bit in the middle.

After a good qualifing I put myself in a good position for the race which after some practice offline I felt I should be in the top ten aleast. Now as I said I practiced offline so had a good idea off the tyre wear but coming to the server things changed a lot. I noticed the tyre wear seemed a lot greater so had to ajust my setup a little to combat it.

As the race started I looked for a good clean start which I got managing to keep Jan behind me, he always gets a good start, and through the Senna esses we all go, good up until now. Going down to T4 I could see Yves to my right but knew I could cover that but noticed Jan to my left which if left open he would surely try to make a pass. I closed the door, which he might not have expected, but Jan just clipped me mid corner but after collecting up my car Yves had got by & Jan stayed behind, thx mate. With Yves now with a little gap I consentrated on keeping it clean & trying to keep Jan behind but after a few laps the car seemed to be very loose or maybe it was Jan's pressure, who knows but as Jan said in his report, on lap 5 he got by me due to a small error. Now I was telling myself to calm down & try to hang onto the back of Jan but I could see Ethan behind me & whats more able to keep to about the same pace. Again a small mistake & Ethan goes by which now puts me into 11th, race plan not going to plan.

Finally get my act together & hang onto the back of Ethan with a very small gap which starts to get smaller as we get towards the end of the first stint. My race plan was very simple, pit on lap 15 again on lap 29. Around lap 13 I get a tyre warning but feel I can still go to lap 15 & do so. As I pit behind Ethan I ask the pit crew for a Red Bull turnaround & they do. Exiting the pits now infront of Ethan I set about putting the consistant lap times in I knew I could do & hope I don't make any more mistakes. This goes well as I see Andreas now ahead who is catching Jan & Yves. My thinking here is, when Andreas catches Jan & Yves this will allow me to close the gap. Things are now starting to hot up and towards the end of stint 2 I see Yves ahead of me who is clearly struggling with worn tyres. I close up on Yves but can't get by with a clean pass & don't want to make any silly moves. This is holding me up a little & on lap 27 I think Yves has to make his stop but as we near the pit lane Yves goes by for another lap which puts me in 2 minds. Now with a RPM driver just leaving the pits sloting in behind me I have to try a deal with Yves who is not giving up his position & is extremly all over the place on very worn rubber. At the start of lap 28 Yves is almost sideways in every corner & I trying very hard not to make contact while also trying to keep the RPM driver behind me as I know I will be pitting at the end of the lap. Going into T7 Yves is again sideways, I try to take a tighter line but as Yves is trying to gather it all up I give him a little tap, sorry m8, this allows the RPM driver to get by the both of us, I get by Yves who recovers & off to the pits I go for my final stop.

Now during all this I noticed the Andreas pitted quite early for his final stop, some 3 or 4 laps sooner, so as he was now the guy infront of me I knew I would have better tyres towards the end of the race. I pushed hard in my final stint but all I could do was hold the gap to Andreas & now thought that 9th was the best I could finish. Then with around 4 laps to go I noticed Andreas falling back into my clutches so thought he must be having problems with worn tyres. As the laps counted down to the chequered flag the gap got smaller & smaller but by the final lap there was still a very small gap, plus I knew Andreas would not give up his position without a fight, so I didn't feel I could get the place. The final lap I follow Andreas into T1 were he gets a little lose, the gap comes down a little more. Coming out of T3 he goes wide which allows me to get along side going down to T4. I have the over lap but Andreas is on the inside, I go for the corner knowing I have more tyre left than Andreas, he brakes for the corner, he just clips the rear quarter & sends me into a spin, by now I feel it's all over but I have enough gap back to 10th to hold my position. As I now follow a couple of back markers I had overtaken previously we get round to the final corner were Andreas lets me by him to take 8th position. What can I say, that was very sporting of you Andreas to let me back passed you before the finish line, thank you.

Grts to Greg on his win, wd rest of podi. Thanks to Yves for all his hard work in setting up this league and thx to all that raced.

It looks i,m the only driver to improve on finishing position by every single event :D. Now i need to finish 2nd and take the win to continue with this trend of my..lol

Well, as a changed man, if I can improve on my quali spot in the next two races I'll be very happy with myself. Would love a top 10 finish at Spa to finish the season.

Also, nice report Bob. On the tyre wear thing, yeah, its always best to either setup a LAN Dedicated server with the car and track. Make it start in Practice 2 and last for as long as you like. As a LAN server, you'll be by yourself. Its the best way to determine tyre wear and stuff as offline can be misleading sometimes.

No Bogdan, the broadcast PC went down with some form of hardware problem and a replacement couldn't be found in time. So unfortunatly there won't be any download of the race. Shame as it was a great race, hopefully the next two will get broadcasts. Though unfortunatly for the likes of you and my fellow competitors, I have been permenatly banned for life by Bram "This unfortunately means that your racing career at RD has ended with immediate effect." So that means no RDCCC for me in the forseable future. Sorry to disapoint you.

RDCCC S4 - Round 6 @ Trois Rivieres

636126CanadianGPRound6.png

Saturday April 30th 2011

Practice: a server will be set all day before the qualification​

Qualification: 15 minutes Superpole ( 19:10 GMT )
Warm up: 10 minutes ( 19:25 GMT )
Race: 71 laps ( 19:35 GMT )​

Weather forecast

Since Michael is not part of the staff anymore we lost our weather man so for the rest of the season we'll be running default ingame dry race.​

Starting procedure

please take note that all races this season will use a standing start instead of a manuel rolling start like it was announced in the Intro and Infos thread.​

Cutting rules

2 wheels must remain between the 2 white lines at all time.​

Pitting procedure

The pit entry and exit is tricky and there is no white lines at either place so to avoid any pitting incident use the quick chat button that was use at the test race saying " (your first name) Pitting in" and when exiting the pit you have to remain on the left side of the track until turn 1.​

Disconnection procedure

it might occur that someone get disconnected from the server at some point so here's how its go. if you get disconnected from the server during qualification and you haven't went on track your allow to rejoin the qualification and to set a time. in the case that you have already set a time and get disconnected your not allow to set another time so it mean you'll be starting at the back of the field, if you break the rule there will be a penality. in the case someone get disconnected during the warm up the server will be put back in practice to allow the driver (s) to rejoin and those driver (s) will then start the race at the back of the field and we will then go back to the warm up and complete it and the race will now use a manual rolling start. we will do 2 formation laps, the first one will be for doing the grid in the right order in a safe way, once your in the right starting place keep the left side of the track so the driver(s) that need to get at the front of grid can safely pass on the right side of the track. the procedure will be given in chat by the race director (Yves Larose) so it is important that you follow them and remember your qualification place.​

Qualification format change

i didn't noticed when i did my initial testing of the track and found out that the starting line is at the exit of the pitlane which mean the timer start before having the chance to do an outlap so for this qualification session the 15 minutes will not be a superpole qualification.

The use of the pit speed limiter during qualification is a must so no one will get an advantage.

Turn 3 special rule

Turn 3 is a very narrow turn and is a place where chaos can happen so its a no passing zone.

I will probably not be able to race this one... sry for that all

But I will for sure practice to be ready if everything's fall in place, and for those who like some company while practicing (as I do) the WBR practice server is up an running (default RD pwd) so feel free to join in and/or send a PM if you feel lonely .... :)

Yves, after watching the WTM broadcast in which they had a permenant yellow flag @ T3 so as to avoid any crashes at that part of the track, do you think you will be doing the same?

As to the fromat of qualification, if I remember correctly we ran a superpole for last seasons STC round this track without any problems plus you always get out/timed/in laps with superpole don't you. As for pitlane limiter, as you stated it's in the RD rules.

about the T3 yellow flag i think its a good idea to do it, it didn't come to my mind cause its a i know pretty well having lived in Trois-Riviere for 3 years and knowing the place pretty well it was only common sense for me not to think of attempting a pass at that place.

the STC Trois-Rivieres track have been rework a little bit, better TV cam and the track is less dark so they might have fixed that issue aswell but we are not using the STC track so i'm not taking any chances and the qualy format stand for the change i made.

Yves, after watching the WTM broadcast in which they had a permenant yellow flag @ T3 so as to avoid any crashes at that part of the track, do you think you will be doing the same?

As to the fromat of qualification, if I remember correctly we ran a superpole for last seasons STC round this track without any problems plus you always get out/timed/in laps with superpole don't you. As for pitlane limiter, as you stated it's in the RD rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 27 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • Yearly

Votes: 22 7.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 5 1.7%