RDCCC S4 - Chevrolet Camaro Cup (RACE On, GTR Evolution, STCC - The Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yves Larose

Premium

League: RaceDepartment Chevrolet Camaro Cup
Season: 4 (2011)
Game(s) Required: Race On\ GTR-Evo\STCC the game and Race 07
Current Number of Divisions: 1

This league will be on invitational basis only!

Some drivers participated in S1,2 and 3 will receive an invitation to join the league, after the invitations are send and replied the entry list will be updated. Interested drivers, with a licensed membership and ranking status, can apply for the available places but we decide who will eventually drive based on a few criteria:

- driving standards
- commitment
- participation in previous RD leagues

This means that some people will be disappointed but that is unfortunately the downside of this system. We might open up a second server for a second group that will be the feeder series for the next seasons.

Sign-up agreement

Signing up for the league is a contract that your signing meaning that if you sign off at any giving moment after signing up is a breach of the contract. Braking the contract will result in consequences that can go as far as your licensed member status beeing remove or you beeing forbidden to participate to any other RD leagues for a year.

Available cars

The 2010 Camaro Cup ( mod )

Calendar

Saturday February 5th - Watkins Glen GP + New TV Cams
Saturday February 19th - Birubi SouthernCross
Saturday March 5th - Sugo 2006 ( classic layout )
Satruday March 19th - Hockenheim 2004
Saturday April 2nd - Detroit 1988
Saturday April 16th - Interlagos
Saturday April 30th - Trois Rivieres 2008
Saturday Mai 14th - Spa-Francorchamps 2009 ( download link TBA )

Session Info

Practice: On race day the servers will be open all day to practice
Super Pole Qualification: 19:00 GMT (15 minutes)
Warm-up: 19:15 GMT (10 minutes)
Race: 19:25 GMT (between 60-80 minutes including formation lap)

Race settings

-Manual gears. Auto gears will be turned off.
-Real life weather simulation.

Point system

1: 30
2: 27
3: 24
4: 22
5: 20
6: 18
7: 16
8: 14
9: 12
10: 11
11: 10
12: 9
13: 8
14: 7
15: 6
16: 5
17: 4
18: 3
19: 2
20: 1

Pole: 1 point

Championship type

Driver championship only.

Liveries

Having you own livery is mandatory, if you can not create your own we encourage you to ask help from the community.

Livery deadline: TBA

Absense

This is the most important part of the league briefing you need to understand! If you are allowed to drive the in league we expect you to be present during all races of the season. If you happen to miss out on an event and go missing in action afterwards without giving any notice the race staff reserve the rights to terminate your licensed member status on RaceDeparment.

Incidents

It may happen that rules get violated. In such cases it is up to the drivers to report the violation. The staff encourages this and will only investigate incidents that are reported by drivers.

No report = no investigation = no penalty

A report can be sent to the staff by private message. It must always contain:

o Name of the league: RDCCC S4
o The name of the reported driver (the violator)
o A link to a youtube or vimeo movie that shows the incident in various angles
o A short description of the incident, without rant.

You must always send the report with your own forum account. You can only send a report if you were actually in the race. Report from outsider will be not be considered.
After sending the staff will then investigate the incident. Incomplete reports will not be considered.

Reports must be sent within 48 hours of the finish of the race. Reports that come in too late might not be considered.

General League Rules

All the general league rules are written down in a document for the 2010 league season. Click here to read it! Additionnal rules or rule specifications might be added in the rule thread so make sure you read them and understand them.

Got some ok practice in. Can't get a handle on T1&2 - having to brake way too early for 1.

There is currently a line of strong thunderstorms w/tornadoes heading my way, and due to arrive here right around race time or a little before. If I am not there for the race, it will be because I have everything unplugged to keep it safe.

God dam nvidia driver lock up's, worked my way up to 12th at the start was having nice battles then the first lock up happens then I get 3 more over the next few laps, then as I leave the pits I get another, at this point I thought there isn't much point carrying on as what ever time I make back I lose it a few laps later on the next lock up, off to format again :mad:

Same Chris
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Cost me 22 seconds a trip on the grass and down to last place so was more than happy with my 12th.

Congrats Podium and everyone, this was probably the hardest race on tyres I have ever done.

Thanks Yves

Bah, that was a hard race! I had a terrible qualy and staretd 17th. I then got an awesome start but it got so tight through turn 1,2 and 3 that it was almost scary. A few taps here and there the first laps but the fighting was fierzy so that was to expect :) Worned out my tyres in 8 laps and then had problems keeping the guys behind so pitted a little early. Got out infront of my main rivals but I lost my grip even earlier this time and lost the positions again. I think it is my first time I drove with 2%! I pitted at the same time as the guys I was fighting but they came out ahead of me so I thought to my self that my race was over in terms of overtaking anyone. But after a lap I was up to 13th all of a sudden so no idea what happened but finished 13th wich was better then I expected after qualy so relativly pleased :)

Grats greg and Dariusz, well done guys. You too Andreas ;) Thanks for the racing and see you next time!

whouhuuu... :)

very surprised...
P1 in Q, P1 in race... all went fine, only in first stint where i need to push a bit to hard for tires cause Peter was pushing hard behind me. was planning to make 15laps in first stint but that was no more possible and was thinking: "WTH, how i will do for my two next stint..." lol
shame for Andreas L, maybe there was a 1,2,3 TBR... :D
happy that there is no broadcast so there is no interview... hihi :D
gratz to Andreas H, Andreas L and Dariusz darling!! :)
thx all for racing!!! and thx to Yves and RD!! ;)
cheers!

Interlagos.... always fun and challenging :redface:

Qualified in a 10'th spot after a decent lap. I had hoped for some spots higher but my lap was without bigger faults i just was not faster than so...

Had a great start and overtook Yves who where in front of the grid. I had the inside for T1 and that is always nice on this track. I ended up tailing Bob H and i dont even remember on what lap (2'nd ??) i was just a fraction on the inside in T4 i unfortunately gave Bob a little tap... really sorry M8 :sorry:
Bob slide a bit and i backed off to not take advantage of the situation... unfortunately we had Yves close behind and he sneaked by us both.

After that i had some great laps close behind Bob H fighting until he made a small mistake running wide and i could pass.

Just before the first pit stop i started to close in on Yves again. We pitted at the same time and when we came out i was just on his rear bumper.
Really great fighting there Yves... it was fun :D
Halfway into the race Andreas L was involved in the battle and in T1 Andreas and Yves touched and slide and now it was my turn to take advantage of the situation occurring and jump them both.

After 2'nd pit stops where all done i was again up in 7'th place and held onto that until the finish line.

Once again a 7'th place... you can call me a lot of things but inconsistent can't be one of them... :rolleyes:
Birubi : 7'th
Sugo : 7'th
Hockenheim : Did not start due to business travel
Detroit : 7'th
Interlagos : 7'th

Great racing all.
Grats to you podium races, and once again thanks Yves for arranging this

I´m only shocked how bad i droved, want to say sorry to each i constrained or spinned (Yves and Bob). From the first corner it went everything wrong, went against the wall, spinned two times and couldn´t really concentrate me on the race in the further stints. After the good training and qualy, looked really for a nice race in the top group - maybe for a podium and then this, i´m really disappointed, still cant believe it.

Whooouhuu here too I had a tough race happy that I finish. I tested the setup I did 17 laps I did not had any problems with the tires now 10 laps tires worn!!I lost the third place in the pit Bommer why you :D no problem it was really bad race eny way.
Grats to podium you guys too fast today Bommel you was really fast especially when tyres worn great drive m8 :)
Thx Yves and RD :cool:

Had a pretty good race concerning overtakes and some great fights with Neil.
Was aiming for position 12 and basicly when i entered the pitlane for my 2nd stop Jesper hit me and we both had some dammage.
These things are part of racing and can happen. :)
So 2 more races to go and i hope for some more luck now and maybe a bigger pitlane entry haha
Ps: Neil you defended great mate all the credit to you:)

Finally, Ethan Bass is back, in a Camaro. And hes faster and more consistent than last time. :cool:

Oh its good to be back and racing with my precious BEER Camaro.

After a month away from racing in which, a lot of the time was spent re-learning how to drive FR (front engined RWD cars) cars properly, learning more about this Camaro, Race itself, as well as the software and hardware I have.

Time well spent as this was my most enjoyable race yet in the Camaro. Shame its the 3rd last one before we switch to the Gen 5. :thanks:

I must have done well over 150 laps preparing for this round over the past week, but I feel it was well worth it, I knew exactly what to expect of the car.

So qualifiying 12th was fantastic in my opinion. Just 0.08 behind Bjorn de Haas in 11th. The lap felt great so had no bad feelings about it. Just a nice, smooth and controlled lap. Me happy. :D

Start went well considering how tight it gets at Interlagos into the Senna Esses on lap 1. Got through there and with a nice tow out of turn 3 from Bjorn, I was able to out-brake him at turn 4 to climb to 11th place.

Then it was just a case of keep to your own pace and keep the car on the road.

It paid off rather nicely for me, as I was able to keep up with the battling pair of Jan Wikström and Bob Hutchins. Took Jan until the end of lap 5 to get past Bob, benefiting from a small mistake. Sat behind Bob until he made a small error at turn 9. Sliding out allowing me to slip past and up into 10th. (Woot, I think this was the first time I was inside the top ten before the pit stops).

Jan had by now pulled out a nice gap back to me, and Bob was keeping pace with me, the order stayed the same until the stops started on lap 13 with Gregory Degreef.

I stay out until lap 15 with Bob right behind me coming in the same lap.

Then really, the ONLY bad bit of my race was my pit stop. After refueling, for some reason (either out of practice or something) the engine wouldn't fire up without being grouchy about it. Lost about six seconds and 10th place as Bob went cruising past. :mad:

Re-joined the track in 11th, something like 4 to 6 seconds behind Bob. But oh well, carry on.

Had a rather quite second stint. With me not being able to keep up with Bob's pace on the new tyres, to only have the gap widen still as the tyres became badly worn (around about mid 60s, low 70s of wear left), and with one mistake by me on the exit of turn 3 on lap 28. Getting a tad out of shape and ended up using the run off a bit, but kept it clear of the wall and carried on.

Pitted next lap only to again suffer from a slow engine restart. Argh! This time costing me about 14 seconds. ARRRRRGH! This ended up making me exit the pits just behind Bob Miley in 12th. Damn stupid engine. Think I'll get a new one before Trois Rivieres.

So now a bit frustrated, I push like crazy to keep up with Miley. Keeping up with him for for two laps, with a little help from Degreef (sorry for the hold up, but I knew I could use you to my advantage). So with a little help, I was right on Miley going into the Esses on lap 32. Then when Miley made the error at turn 4, I didn't need asking twice. Back into 11th and proceeded to pull away from Miley.

By the closing stages, I noticed Yves Larose was around 20secs in front, and I think by lap 38 maybe, I had brought the gap down to around 18secs. Starting kicking myself a bit because, if it weren't for the engine troubles, I would've been fighting Yves for 10th place. (Yeah, your advice definitely helped Yves, thanks). :thanks::thanks::thanks:

That's motorsport for ya, full off "what ifs" and "if onlys." But by lap 40, my tyres were a little slidey so I backed off the pace a bit and just decided to get the car home for what is probably, my best finish ever in RDCCC. :woot:

Thanks for the racing guys, cya next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 5 1.7%