RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
for now, the dlc is the stuff people have used for 400 hours+ on dirt rally, so probably not running the dlc is more of a challenge than the other way round
We still don't know that the stages in the DLC are truly exact copies of the old ones.
Plus the fast guys have the new stages memorized already as well anyway.

Yeah that might be an issue. Guess we could go for an "Only 6 results count" route or, just say tough for the people who don't have the DLC rallies. We could also just run the original 6 but that would be kinda lame too.

What do other Championships do in other games that have DLC?
I think a Only 6 results count is a great idea, and is something used in many rally championships!

I think a Only 6 results count is a great idea, and is something used in many rally championships!

First of all, let's see how many rallies is included in RDRC.
If we go down the route of last season, there is quite a heavy workload involved in organizing it, especially with regards to the magazine. I have only touched DiRT Rally once since last RDRC to check something against D4, other than that I got so burnt out after RDRC that DR is not interesting at all.
If the decision is to go with pre-season, pre-rally and post-season magazine, then we will not use all rallies. As the championship will drag on for way too long time. There is no way for us to get all the results, get it compiled, get standings out of it, get it out on the forum - check for eventual errors in times, and then write up the post-rally article for the magazine, get the magazine out within 7 days.

That means that there is likely to be 14 days between rally and and next rally start. With 6 rallies that is 15 weeks - almost 4 months, that's already a bit too long for a championship to keep being interesting. Of course we can skip magazines and have shorter times between each rally and get more rallies in. But then I would feel that we don't have anything separating RDRC from any other championship out there.

Fair enough @Ole Marius Myrvold. What about "quarterly" magazines that combine a few events?

Also potentially could run two separate seasons within close-ish proximity to another. eg The first season including the stock 6 DR2 events, and after a couple of months break a DLC season with hopefully the full DR roster)

maybe make a smaller magazine? the last ones were just mind-blowing, heck one couldn't quite concentrate on the driving even ;)
Fair enough @Ole Marius Myrvold. What about "quarterly" magazines that combine a few events?

Also potentially could run two separate seasons within close-ish proximity to another. eg The first season including the stock 6 DR2 events, and after a couple of months break a DLC season with hopefully the full DR roster)

Every second event is a possibility yes.

Regardless of what's being done, I don't feel very happy if I/We end up doing something that I know isn't as good as last time, always aiming for bigger and better. At the very least status quo :)

Always bigger & better is the trap of modern capitalism...
Don‘t make the same mistake guys, you‘ve already proved what you‘re able to do.
Less concentration on the magazines is still more than enough and people are satisfied when they can drive - in my eyes the more the better...

one area of real concern for me is the approach they've taken to manage people cutting out mid-event. My computer just blue screened on the first stage of the NZ weekly and I restarted back into the game on stage 2 with a 10 minute penalty.
My computer isn't especially stable at times and this will ruin RDRC for me if my PC crashes mid event. Hopefully they allow different ways of managing disconnects for club organisers...

Always bigger & better is the trap of modern capitalism...
Don‘t make the same mistake guys, you‘ve already proved what you‘re able to do.
Less concentration on the magazines is still more than enough and people are satisfied when they can drive - in my eyes the more the better...

While I get what you are saying, it's not really capitalism in progress here as there are exactly 0 money involved. It's more about being happy with it on a personal level - we don't need more entries than last season, heck, even 50% of the entries would still be a huge amount compared to other online leagues around. It's just that we all want to be proud of what we provide :)

one area of real concern for me is the approach they've taken to manage people cutting out mid-event. My computer just blue screened on the first stage of the NZ weekly and I restarted back into the game on stage 2 with a 10 minute penalty.
My computer isn't especially stable at times and this will ruin RDRC for me if my PC crashes mid event. Hopefully they allow different ways of managing disconnects for club organisers...

Ye, like last time - it needs to be considered up against people with a bit too much time having the chance to retry the stages over and over again. We'll surely figure out something :)

While I get what you are saying, it's not really capitalism in progress here as there are exactly 0 money involved. It's more about being happy with it on a personal level - we don't need more entries than last season, heck, even 50% of the entries would still be a huge amount compared to other online leagues around. It's just that we all want to be proud of what we provide

Be sure @Ole Marius Myrvold that I definitely didn't mean you or the team of RD ! It was just a (silly) sentence :whistling:. I do know it's not about the money here. But I'm sure you already got it... :)

hi collegues,

maybe try RFactor Rally World ?
It is one of most simulating program, many cars and many rally mods was create. Some rally have complete real special stages like Rally Slovenia. Bigest development of this mod is from Hungary.

hi collegues,

maybe try RFactor Rally World ?
It is one of most simulating program, many cars and many rally mods was create. Some rally have complete real special stages like Rally Slovenia. Bigest development of this mod is from Hungary.

That won't be with me to put it that way.
rF is good, but the dirt simulation is lacking to put it bluntly, even though the RX mods are great fun, and I did work on a RDRX concept, but that was too much work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back