RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a new leader!! That_Guy slipped by Simmoniti by 18 secs in a 12 stage event in his Ford Fiesta RS Rally. Then behind Simmoniti in third place Neil limped into third place at this juncture, just under a minute off second position.

Hello guys.. Maybe its a stupid question but I dont wanna make any mistake. Do I understand correctly that the number from Entery list in Sign-Up Thread is the one that I should have on my skin? Thanks for the replay. Have nice rest of the day!

Last test event before the season is up!
Awesome! Now I just need to pick a darn car :)
(And by the sound of it, I need to start working out what bits of my style are wrecking the engine and gearbox. Anyone with knowledge of how the number of gearshifts and/or bouncing off limiter/over-revving impacts this is encouraged to speak up...)

Awesome! Now I just need to pick a darn car :)
(And by the sound of it, I need to start working out what bits of my style are wrecking the engine and gearbox. Anyone with knowledge of how the number of gearshifts and/or bouncing off limiter/over-revving impacts this is encouraged to speak up...)

Shift a tiny bit earlier, and don't floor it over jumps. Are the tips I've got, but I don't follow them, so I have a nice yellow engine light quite often :)

don't bother with yellow engine light unless it's the first or second stage. I have yet to see it move from yellow to ... don't even know which colour should follow. Red? Seriously, there is a lot of leeway here. I suppose one loses power and hence speed, so that should be the concern not the actual death of the engine. Never experienced it in more than a year of gameplay.

don't bother with yellow engine light unless it's the first or second stage. I have yet to see it move from yellow to ... don't even know which colour should follow. Red? Seriously, there is a lot of leeway here. I suppose one loses power and hence speed, so that should be the concern not the actual death of the engine. Never experienced it in more than a year of gameplay.

Not sure how it is in other cars, but in the Mighty*cough* Mk2, I can actually hear bad noises coming from the car after 1-2 stages with the lamp on, so I am sure I kill a horse or 7 during a stage :p But everyone know what that means in rallying, right? Push harder to make up for possible lost time!!:whistling:

OK cool. The only previous times I've managed to get the engine light on have been after I've smashed the hell out of the radiator (jumps & crashes, normally in Finland :)). But in the Monte test, I was completely crash-free and there are hardly any jumps so just wear and tear I guess.

Given that we have a rather large number of sign-ups, with 4WD+ particularly busy, have you chaps considered the idea of approaching the points system differently? I suspect I'm not alone in fearing that a bunch of solid drives will still leave me completely out of the points (esp. if I pick the Fiesta WRC :)). No sweat if that's out of the question, just wondering! :alien:

Given that we have a rather large number of sign-ups, with 4WD+ particularly busy, have you chaps considered the idea of approaching the points system differently? I suspect I'm not alone in fearing that a bunch of solid drives will still leave me completely out of the points (esp. if I pick the Fiesta WRC :)). No sweat if that's out of the question, just wondering! :alien:

Yes we have, but we also know that with the team championship as it is, it would be a massive advantage to drive in 2WD+ for a team compared to everything else if we decide that top 20 scores ;)
Honestly, no matter how we decide to tweak the points, many drivers will end up outside the points. It's just that many drivers in the league!

Maybe its worth having a column in the standings for "average finishing position/time" so at least those who don't score get an idea of where they rank? Though with 200+ entries I guess thats not so simple!

In Unofficial unsanctioned test we have a new leader. Ariwalk blasted through the 12 stages 12 seconds clear of That_Guy.

Started doing the test.
Many, many mistakes all over the place. I did manage to snatch a stage win on SS9 with the 306 Maxi though(so far) but when loading the 10th stage racenet lost connection.

Have you guys had problems with racenet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.9%