1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT Club @ Falkenburg, Thursday, 28 August 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: GT Club
    Track: Falkenberg
    Games: Evo, STCC2

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (30 minutes)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules:Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. -Belet Michel
    3. -Nelson Ullinskey
    4. -Gundars Brigis
    5. -Björn Golda
    6. -Christopher Hall-Nelson
    7. -Tobias Liesaus
    8. -Andreas Scholz
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  2. *I'm In , sign me up plleazzee!!
  3. Gundars

Pedal to the metal

Sing me up please ,I hope this time i make it without connection problems :whistling:
  4. Hi All drivers :) ! Sign up me :)
  5. Where can i found the password for the race?
  6. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Hi Paul - welcome to RD!

In order to participate in the club events, you'll need a license - don't worry, it's free and doesn't take too long, if you apply now you might still make this race - see this link for more information :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thank you, i have post a topic to be licensed member :)
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Björn

Sign me up! :)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack:
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.
  9. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Stick me in for this thanks
  10. Gundars

Pedal to the metal

Sorry cant make it,looks like autumn flu(colds) :(,i hope get back on aussie v8.
    • Love Love x 1
  11. I can join!
  12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@xy44 I see you have already applied for a racing licence, but you cannot race until your application has been OK'ed.
  13. actually I paid to get Premium, but still waiting on that too I guess.... so not sure what the delay is...
  14. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

15. awesome race. started 4th and finished 3rd. my first podium ever on RD :) neverless i got laped in the last few minutes by @Björn Golda and @Nelson Ullinskey their pace is beyond believe ;) thx to all for racing and cu on track
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Björn

First time racing in the new livery, first win in the new livery, I like that - just got to do more skins ;)

With my RWD setup skills being.. negligible, I opted to go with this setup from the RD forum and it worked out pretty well. Some adjustments to gears, steering lock & radiator and I was good to go! :)
    Going into qualifying, Nelson got a nice laptime in first, but I managed to squeeze 15/100ths out of the car and got pole - thankfully, Nelson went out with qualy fuel, as well, otherwise I would've been reaaaally worried by then :D

I started fairly well and with Nelson on my bumper, we opened up a small gap to P3 - I guess everyone was afraid of catching a cold? :p While Nelson seemed to be able to drive a bit faster, passing in Faleknburg is hard and it wasn't until I missed the last turn that Nelson managed to get wheel-to-wheel and ahead in the following turns, nice fighting :) Fortunately for me, he returned the favour by missing the same turn losing 2-3 secs and putting me in P1 again.
    While the gap did grow up to 14 seconds until the end (due to some smaller offs, I assume), there was always that danger of someone being not far behind that forced me to concentrate on keeping the car on the road. And fast, preferably ;)

Thanks for racing, everyone! See you next time :)
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Qualified second and finished second too. I am happy with the result, but as always for me, I was lacking the consistency to win. Spun out and ran wide multiple times, which resulted in my current result. Fun nonetheless, congrats to Bjorn for the win and Tobias for his first ever podium in the club :)
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

The Gillet was a good car for the money today, I should have spent more time on it though. I needed a bit more straight line speed and ended up with brake ducts giving me a problem that I had to work around, life could have been easier.

A horrible launch but maybe a light tap or two from T1 to T4. Early I had speed to catch Michel but I tapped him and had to wait, no loss of place for us though. We caught up with Tobias, I didn't see Michel get by but it looked like he did only to spin on the front straight. The rest of my race was tough, gaining and losing on Tobias and fighting to keep the LF from locking into T1 all the time. A nice run For Tobias as he was able to be well clear of me by the end :thumbsup:.

Nice to have Chris drop in for a race, that makes two old timers coming back for a visit. :)
    • Like Like x 4
  19. What do you mean Dennis, excuse me, i don't understand "only to spin on the front straight"?
    But it was a great race, damn the firsts escape, I would have a speed car but 30° minutes was too long for that rythm and for me, probably.
    I remember when i'm starting with fresh tires, i look for someone in my rear, i would like to work my tires for for perfect spinning, (rear hot and front low),when i was push in the sand bank, but it's not too much time looses, i pefered don't take the wall, it's in the speed corner!
    After was looking for a place , a perfect battle with Tobias. 15 laps to catch him,i see an oportunity to pass, i give!
    two laps, and an error of myself get me out, all for nothing, i see bjorn i my rear, that was the end!
    I see the difference betwin the Z4 and Aston, a hundred Kg, and a hundred Hp more for the aston, i'm not surprising that the Z4 is a second faster than me!
    that was my choice, a bit of deception to the V12 aston!
    Thanks to all, see you next time!
    • Like Like x 2