RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are details about this prize? The prize can be won other way than be eg. team with most of the points?
We aim to award the prize to a team (not a specific driver) that kept to the spirit of the competition. I cannot disclose exact details about it, since we haven't formulated them yet, but we want every team that participates in the season to have a shot at the prize. It is likely that the teams that finish mutiple races and score points have a greater chance at winning the prize than teams that DNF or hardly show up.

Are all spots for this round taken?

MK Simsport would like to enter both GTE and LMP for this round of possible?

Thanks

Matt
For R0 you can take up a different car, since the field has not been filled yet.

For R1 you would have to apply for a new team license.

How this will effect users of middle of the road (no pun intended) pc hardware users I don't know. RF2 puts quite a lot of strain on the hardware as it is.
It is our intention to apply any Studio 397 updates to RDLMS as well, as long as stability is not compromized.

Sorry if this question has already been answered but is it a rolling or standing start?
Rolling, indeed!

During a practice session: When some one joins/leaves: their car gets loaded/unloaded on your PC's RAM and syncs. This causes a little freeze.
Unless all avaible cars, etc... are preloaded to the server and your system, it's unavoidable.

During a race session the cars stay on the server/garage for a rejoin. And stay loaded on your PC's. You won't have those freezes during the race.

The freeze is basicly loading the new car to your RAM. (If you have rF2 in windowed mode: you can see this happening in the windows task manager)
Same thing happens when click on add/boot an AI in single player mode.

BTW: If you have fast RAM the freeze is minimal.
Gijs, I knew you would be able to give us a comprehensive answer. :D I wasn't aware that the problem is ultimately caused by loading and unloading the cars from RAM, and would not have expected there to be such an immediate high load on the RAM to cause a (prominent) freeze. However it does make sense, and as you say the problem is just as apparent when adding and removing AI from the game. Thank you very much for your clarification and explanation. :thumbsup:

Where we can download Imola use for RDLMS ?
Imola should become available in the course of next week. We are still adjusting it to our new sponsor and want to apply anything we learn from R0 to it as well, so this will be at least a few days.
As @Yoeri Gijsen has rightly said, Imola shall be made available very soon. Following the announcement of our new league sponsors, we first need to make some changes to the track, and anything we learn from today's event shall also need to be taken into consideration. You shall be made aware once the track can be downloaded. :thumbsup:

This will also be a good time to inform you that the track team is planning to start a "beta program", on which drivers in the RDLMS may enroll, and this will allow access to "work in progress" versions of tracks so that they may be thoroughly tested. As a condition of participation, we would expect testers to provide feedback for each of the tracks as they are made available for testing. More information about this shall be made available in the coming days. :)

The unofficial debut of Racers in Pyjamas! We're looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

Turn 10 still absolutely terrible...I'd blow that corner into oblivion if I could. :cautious::sneaky:
We look forward to seeing you and your team on track for your unofficial debut! I hope you enjoy yourselves! :D

And I could not agree more - I can imagine that when a racing driver has nightmares, turn 10 at Bahrain is one of the things about which he / she is dreaming, unless you know how to master it of course! :roflmao:

Sorry if this question has already been answered but is it a rolling or standing start?

Edit. Found out its rolling
There will be a "manual rolling start" - that is to say, drivers will line up on the grid as if for a standing start, and the safety car will lead the pack away. The cars should remain in double file for the formation lap.

As we near the end of the formation lap the safety car will pull away, and the lead car shall be informed that they are now in control of the pace. Once the lead car has crossed the start / finish line all teams will be informed that the green flag has been dropped and the race will be underway. However, even at this point, cars will not be permitted to overtake until they have crossed the start / finish line.

Finally, please be aware of two additional details that are relevant to the start of each race:
  • All drivers who participates in the qualifying session must also be the drivers who start the race.
  • At the beginning of the race session there shall be a single reconnaissance lap that will give you the opportunity to drive around the circuit to your grid spot. If you have left the pits, but do not make it to your grid spot in time then you will be automatically transported to the grid. If you choose not to leave the pits during this period then you will be forced to start the race from the pit lane.
This shall all be explained in the pre-race briefing, on TeamSpeak, which shall take place prior to qualifying.

Thank you.
Two last questions,
On teamspeak, do we have team channels yet?
Secondly, if we do, will i hear instructions in my channel or do i have to be in the refs channel? I just wonder because if i exit rfactor 2 it often crashes.
Thanks again

I assume that means within their line, since that's impossible to mandate otherwise on double file start.
That is correct. You must stay in your position, within your line, until you have crossed the start / finish line, and you must not (intentionally) attempt to overtake cars beside you before this point.

Hi.
Do we need teamspeak for bahrain?
Also..so we will do one formation lap..then do we race as soon as first car over the line or when we cross the line?
I was about to send a message about this, but you have beaten me to it by asking. :p

Yes, we would like for all teams participating in this test race (and also all future RDLMS events) to be on the RaceDepartment TeamSpeak server for the duration of the event. The reason for this is so that we may directly communicate with you and your team, if necessary, and also make general announcements (including the race / driver briefing) during the course of an event. We shall use TeamSpeak to notify teams of green and yellow flags, to warn about incidents, and in several other cases where it is deemed necessary. Tonight it shall also be used to inform teams of certain tests that are being conducted, for example a simulated server crash.

Please note that a microphone is not necessary, and if you do not wish to speak then you do not have to speak. :) We just need to be able to stay in contact with all teams at all times.

Finally, regarding your second question, your car must have crossed the start / finish before you are actually racing. :thumbsup:

I'm trying to find any info regarding teamspeak but I found nothing so far. I went on the server and can't see a channel for the RDLMS League. Is TS required?
You must first download (from here) and install TeamSpeak, if you have not done so already, and then click here to access the RaceDepartment TeamSpeak server itself. The password for the server can be found here. The server can be bookmarked for future use, so that you don't have to find the server details and credentials again. :thumbsup: I hope that helps.

EDIT: I think that I may have misunderstood your question. My apologies. To confirm, yes, you (or at least one member of your team) are required to be on TeamSpeak for the duration of the event. :)

Thank you.
Two last questions,
On teamspeak, do we have team channels yet?
Secondly, if we do, will i hear instructions in my channel or do i have to be in the refs channel? I just wonder because if i exit rfactor 2 it often crashes.
Thanks again
Thanks daiman. As im a bit naive..will i be ok in rd server..txl channel ?(if there is one) or will it be rd server/stewards channel.
Sorry, questions are coming in so thick and fast that I have not realised there are already replies to previous messages before I have finished writing my current reply. :laugh:

There are no team specific channels yet on TeamSpeak - we may do this once all of the entries have been confirmed - but feel free to create a channel yourself for TXL, preferably as a sub-channel of the rFactor 2 channel so that it is easy to find you. :thumbsup:

You may remain in your channel for the duration of the race, including the race briefing - there's no real need to move around. I will setup "whisper", so that I can speak to multiple channels at once. The only time you may need to move is if you wish to ask a question, in which case you would go to Race Control, or if you are requested to join Race Control in case of an incident (or something similar that needs to be discussed with the team manager / available team member).

See you online soon. :)

So. A question. My 2 teammates are participating in the race and as it's a 2h race well i can't participate. If there's still some cars left, can i participate on a 2nd car in solo ? Would be great as i've trained quite a lot for this ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back