RD Le Mans Series Season 2 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Flag Racing: Livery WIP's

Season one was a huge learning curve and challenge for the team at Blue Flag Racing. We hope that we can be better prepared and, in some circumstances, more fortunate in season two.

For season two we say goodbye to our trusted GT2 997 and take the dust covers off of our Mazda LMP2.

For each event in S2 we hope to be able to race with a NFP livery, so that we can play a very small role in bring some much needed attention to the work done by some of the hardest working not for profit organisations out there.

Our current WIP's our:

and

Each team member at BFR will get the chance to nominate an organisation dear to their heart.

Mark,

Though noble your goal to enter several liveries is, we would prefer you stick with one skin for the entire season. This will save us a lot of time in preparing the packs. Maybe it's a good idea combine the instances on one livery?

I love the initiative though!

I thought I'd post this since I haven't seen the Season 2 calendar yet.
Please try it for yourself, I am only reporting what I have found.

May I also just say that FSR produces tracks for their races, conveniently most of those tracks also belong on the Le man calender. Would it be beneficial to maybe use some of their tracks as all the bugs have already been ironed out (like the lethal kerbs at Sebring) ?
BTW here is the calenders for 2010/11 for the Le man series.

2010 Le Mans Series schedule

11 Apr Paul Ricard
9 May Spa-Francorchamps FSR release (PS I would love an enduro here)
17 Jul Algarve
22 Aug Hungaroring FSR release
12 Sep Silverstone FSR release (and here :) )

2011 American Le Mans Series schedule:

March 19, Sebring International Raceway (Sebring 12 Hours)
April 16, Long Beach street circuit
July 3, TBD
July 9, Lime Rock Park
July 31, Mosport International Raceway
August 6, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Lexington
August 21, Road America - Elkhart Lake
September 3, TBA
September 17, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca ( another fantastic track)
October 15, Road Atlanta (Petit Le Mans)
The TBA by the September 3rd date stands for the Baltimore Grand Prix. The race will be on a street circuit along the area of the Inner Harbor. Hopefully, the race distance will be longer than 100 minutes of Long Beach.:D Given that, this track will have to be made totally from scratch if this race were to be added to the Season 2 calendar.

Baltimore GP Track Map

@ Martin: I will assign the P2 class 11-20, yes. If you feel bad about 13, just put it upside down. They say it inverts the bad luck. ;)

Numbers are not mandatory as far as I recall, but I will use them anyway in GPCOS to create a proper overview of teams and drivers.

@ Christopher: Maybe you should take a look in the Info & Intro thread as well as the News & Announcements thread. ;)

Skin will be finish folder :D

rfactor2010092901070398.jpg

rfactor2010092901063753.jpg

Can I ask when the tracks for each round will be released? Like a set time before each round? Other commitments mean I'm going to have to do some earlish prep for this first round. Would also like to avoid the Sebring incident of last season where we had very very little time to practice.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play