RD Le Mans Series Season 2 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad Chris crashed, practised really hard the last 3 weeks and was able to do 3:33 in racepace (with full tank) and I only make 5 quali laps, but those were 3:30 low with a good possibiliy for a 29.

Anyway, it's the best and the worst thing of endurace, your teammates can sometimes crash, they can sometimes make an amazing stint after your crash and you can have the best laptimes, pole position etc etc, but you still need to first finish to finish first :)

It's why endurance races are my favorite! :D

Good luck for everyone still in the race and congrats to Tam's International for the championship win in LMP2 :)

TBR P2

Firstly thanks for organizing all of this and I sincerely hope we have a new season after summer! (i am open to helping organization as well if needed)
It was a shame WhiteRacing had issues and folded as we were doing rather well :) But hey ho
Another apology to TBR I got gifted the Q and race start stints and well I am posting here instead of racing so you can guess what happened....or read on :)

Q p1 in class

Kept throwing it at the scenery and only managed to get a safe banker lap in late in the session. Was on a much better lap when the return to pit message got put out. Pretty happy and very surprised by that.

Race DNF

Race started well , formation lap was rather quicker than advertised but at least there was no bumping :)
Got a good start and managed to gap the other p2 cars, had a p1 car keep falling back to me due to traffic and other issues so was pretty happy when he pitted early. We were running lean and long but my tyres dove off a cliff like I have never seen before and on my in lap on the porsche curves it just over steered and I ran out of skill , smashed the barriers really hard and couldn't recover to the race track with two flat rears. Then engine caught fire :( Pretty gutted to be honest as it was looking very promising and I managed to let down my new team :\

Needless to say I will be back better and more prepared!

thanks for the season!

Chris

well my first stint was short and dangerous lol
I had an issue where I lagged really bad with some cars......so Hannu took over...
now I think I may have found the problem (new sp1 v1.1 does not like old nvidia graphics drivers lol :))
hopefully it will go smooth later on

My first stint went very well. Started from p3 in GT1 (SFH Vette) and lost some positions in the first lap, but I countered in the laps thereafter and managed to take over the lead. Not sure what the competition was doing, because it kind of surprised me to lead in GT1;). Anyway, a couple of laps after my second pit-stop I was driving in the Porsche Curves when my rFactor smacked me to desktop. I hit the brakes, but couldn't avoid to crash. Luckily I could continue, but I had a flat tire. Went straight to the pits again for repairs and lost the lead with that. For the championship we don't need to win this race, because our direct opponents left the race. Wondering what happened with Mickeal Taloc...? Because GT Omega Racing has currently the lead in the GT1 championship and scores no points today.

Well Unfortunatly Erik Tveit crashed the GT2 car of Water Blue Racing so we couldn't manage to finish the 12h race.
But dispite that Water Blue Racing would like to thank all the teams and the RDLMS organizers for a fantastic season, we hope to see evryone next season.

I'm really angry with myself, last year 5 and half hours in I had a lapse of concentration and crashed out, this year 6 hours in and a similar lapse see's me stupidly blow the engine, want to say sorry to my team mate even though we sustained some early damage that affected our top speed we were doing ok and really enjoing it, thanks to the organizers for a top event and see you all next season .

I want to say sorry to Harald Sheifk or what you're called. I lost it and you T-boned me. It was all my fault. Sorry.

Also I want to say sorry to WBR for lol, crashing.

And thanks for the season guys!

Done for this race, driven for 5 hours in the light en closing to dark. 5 steady hours with only 3 mistakes (no crashes) and no damage at all :) Robin Tol and Fred Visser will bring the car to home, hopefully on place 3 (GT2) and maybe more!

A recap of DSC Motorsports' event:

Quali: I had the car and got P3 but felt a P2 was possible but I made some mistakes.

Race: Ben, Matthias, and myself had a good start and got the jump on 4th place Warwick. Matthias and Ben switched places a few times and then a few laps in we met the group of GT cars. Matthias went one way and got blocked, Ben and I went the other way and got past them quickly and then I passed Ben to take the lead into Playstation. He got me back later that lap at Mulsanne and I just followed him for a lap before spinning off at the 2nd chicane. Sustained no damage but fell back to 3rd with Warwick on my tail. Pulled away from him slightly before meeting Ben going slowly before he retired. I held the gap to Matthias to about 10 seconds before the 1st round of stops where the top 3 all were in the pits together. I jumped Matthias and chased down Warwick who took the lead after dropping back. I caught up to him just as he pitted so that meant I was in the lead. I opened the gap to Matthias from around 5 seconds to 30 before the second stop and then managed to get it up to 1 minute and 45 seconds due to issues to those behind before my 3rd stop where I switched to Lee.

Not entirely sure what happened with Lee's and Nick's stints but I know Lee had an issue with a spun P2 car and Nick put it on the roof but we were going strong and they were both driving very well. Then 7 and a half hours in, Lee's game minimised and didn't want to be maximised again, and even with Lee trying to get the car back to the pits for a change, we suffered a disconnection.

I can't find a word to describe exactly how we feel about the retirement (Mika Hakkinen at Monza in 1999 springs to mind), especially considering we never expected to be near the front let alone leading for large periods. 5 races this season and we have suffered a technical issue in all of them which has meant we haven't finished. Lets hope we have some luck in season 3 :)

Thanks to the RDLMS staff, RD, and all those who competed this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 109 69.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 26.1%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 19.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 21.0%