RD Le Mans Series Season 2 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in joining a Endurance Series Team for the next season that can offer me a seat in a GT2 car, preferably a Porsche RSR. Alternatively I am prepared to drive a Saleen S7R. But at this point I'm less experienced in driving a GT1 car although I keep testing the Saleen occasionally. Altogether I have gained experience through some years of sim-racing, beginning with Grand Prix and Indycar and their followers until rFactor arrived, practice and single events at RD which included a few long distance races aswell. Beside RD I'm currently taking part at endurance events elsewhere which I pretty much enjoy. Since the Endurance Series has grown on me to be my single favorite Mod for online racing I have become relatively confident when it comes to setup development too. However I have yet to see how it is to drive in a team and if I am able to keep up with a league. So if you're looking for a new driver who’s concerned about safety and who’s main ambition is to be steady in order to finish races, feel free to drop me a tentative line.

Best regards,
Marcel

Here is a picture of the Quali-session from the testrace:

http://imageshack.us/f/692/kval.png/

I guess it will give you a ballpark figure...
kval.png

RDLMS S2 - 12 Hours of Le Mans - Saturday June 4th, 2011

Welcome to the Briefing of the 12 Hours of Le Mans, the season's final race. This thread contains all important information of the 12 Hours of Le Mans. Read this post carefully, because it's contents are mandatory knowledge. For further information check the [RDLMS S2 - Intro & Info thread].

Event Data
Saturday 4th of June 2011

• 11:00 Official Practise (All Classes) - 55 minutes
  • 11:55 Qualification (GT1 & GT2) - 20 minutes
  • 12:15 Return to Pit (GT1 & GT2) - 5 minutes
  • 12:20 Qualification (P1 & P2) - 20 minutes
  • 12:40 Return to Pit (P1 & P2) - 5 minutes
  • 12:45 Warm-Up (All Classes) - 15 minutes
  • 13:00 Race (All Classes) - 12 hours
NOTE: These times are GMT. Your local time can vary from this schedule and it is your responsibility to figure out when you must be present!

IMPORTANT: To make sure the pit spots are assigned correctly, NO DUPLICATE CARS are allowed on the server from 11:00 GMT on!

Ingame Time and Timescale
Race Start: 13:00 (Afternoon)
Race Finish: 01:00 (Midnight)
Timescale: Normal

Downloads
[Endurance Series SP1 by Enduracers] + [SP1 v1.1] - SP1 link will be fixed
[Sylvain GLAPA, Frank#55, Riches, Ryan Callan and Matthias Meier]
[RDLMS S2 Skinpack v5.1 by Matt Strand and Matthias Meier]

NOTE 2: Every team is obliged to use the car assigned to them in the latest skinpack. Make sure you check what car that is, pick it and drive it. Teams driving with other skins without explicit permission of the RDLMS Staff risk being removed from the race.

Start and Restart
The formation lap will be that used in Le Mans:

• On the mark of green lights the front-row pole-sitter starts the formation lap.
  • Prototypes drive with speed of 150 kph (93 mph), whereas GT's drive with a speed of 120 kph (75 mph). Prototypes must overtake the GT cars that qualified ahead of them, however Prototypes may not overtake other prototypes and GT's may not overtake other GT's, except in the event of calamaties described in the League Regulations.
  • The distance between two cars must at all times be safe enough to evade incidents, but also be close enough as not to create wide gaps and cause split-ups. The only exception is the distance between the last Prototype in the Prototype-row and the leading GT, because this distance will automatically grow as a result of the different speed limits.
  • When the admin gives the mark "P GREEN" the Prototype speed limit is dropped and overtaking is allowed between Prototypes.
  • When the admin gives the mark "GT GREEN" the GT speed lmit is dropped and overtaking is allowed for GT's as well.
The race will not be restarted in case of individual client issues. Every team has had the oppertunity to configure their settings during the test event. Only when there are technical difficulties from the organisation's side will the race be restarted. We advise all starting drivers to return to the pit in case they experience problems and rejoin the grid, or start from the pit. Starting from the pit means you can join the race when the pit light turns green (but no sooner than that!). This happens when the leader has completed the first sector. Time loss will be minimum as we are still in the formation lap when this happens.

First Laps
This is an endurance event over the course of 12 hours. It’s a long race that takes caution throughout. So remember that this race is not won or finished in the first laps. Take it easy at the start and slowly pick up speed as you go along. Overtaking right after the "GREEN" mark is not recommended, as we don’t want any potential first corner incidents due to the length of these events. Moreover, aero damage is very destructive in terms of straight line speed, which is oh so important on Le Mans.

Lapping
Lapping is the key word in an endurance event with multi classes taking part, especially with four different classes which has rarely been attempted before in simracing endurance events. So every driver on the track is going to have to corporate with each other to make the passing happen very smoothly on race day.
Patience is the key when it comes to this as this is a tight track in places where passing in certain corners is very risky or not possible. So be very patient when coming up to lap cars, as losing time waiting behind lapped cars is better than a race time penalty or a harsher penalty, after race for aggressive driving when lapping.
Cars that are being lapped should not block the cars trying to lap them and you don’t need to get out of the way when a P1 or P2 is in your mirror, you should hold your line and don’t move out the way surprising the car behind. They need to overtake you clean where they have the possibility to do so and not rush the pass.

Teams and Pitstops
The pit spots are arranged so that each team has one spot for itself. Note that teams entering two cars share a pit spot (like in formula 1). They have to communicate about who stops when.

Drivers and Spectators
Like in the previous events we wish to point out that spectators should not stay in the server long. Spectators should only join the session one or two laps before they are going to drive. Drivers that leave their vehicles should leave the server in 2 laps after the driver swap. This is important for the stability of the server. Too many people on it, either drivers or spectators, might weaken our connection and cause a server crash. Needless to say we wish to avoid that at all costs.

To assure client stability we urge everyone to drive a few laps offline before connecting to the server to perform a driver swap. Moreover a bit of pre-race warming up won’t do anyone wrong.
Also as said above, drivers that just did their driver swap can stay on the server up to 2 laps, just in case something happens that needs a driver change back and also to make the driver change much smoother.

Driver Swaps for PC-Sharing Teams

Number of mandatory swaps: 3 (for all teams, regardless of PC sharing!)

This is the assigned position for PC-sharing teams to make their driver swap (see picture below).
At the end of the pitlane on the right side.

6sc7ph.gif

(the bad image quality does not represent actual game, vehicle and track graphics)
[LINK TO IMAGE]
Connection Type: ISDN!
Make sure, before entering the server, that you have set your connection type to ISDN. This is important, again, for connection stability. Start rFactor, go to 'Connect' > 'Settings' > 'Connection Type' and select ISDN. It's a small measure that saves everyone from a lot of trouble. Do it.

DirectX 9 Required!
Make sure you have DX9 or higher installed to make sure no issues occur with Endurance Series SP1. Some issues were reported by people not having DX9 on and then mismatching with some of the new cars.

Licensed Members and RD GPCOS
It has been mentioned often, but it’s worth repeating. Every driver in RDLMS must be a Licensed Member of RaceDepartment. If you do not have that status yet, you must get it before the race! Recently the creation of a RaceDepartment GPCOS account has become automated. Those who apply for Licensed Membership will automatically get a RD GPCOS account as well. Team Owners ought to update and synchornise their team's roster with the Briefing Room's Driver List before the race starts.

Technical Problems and Contact with Admins
If, at any time during the event, a driver or team encounters technical problems that affect their participation in the event they can contact Yoeri Gijsen on TeamSpeak or by Private Message. He will be present on TeamSpeak and in the server as live admin. Private Messages will only be answered when Yoeri is not driving. Of course we wish to make sure everyone can start if possible. Again, we cannot guarantee that your problems get solved.

In no case, whatsoever, are drivers or spectators allowed to use public chat during the qualification and race sessions. If you wish to chat, use the 'whisper' function (/w <name> <message>), but do no disturb people on track with this unless you have mutually agreed to do so.

Tips!
Disable Plug-ins: Yes, your RealFeel too. Plug-ins are a riskfactor.
Share setup with teammates: Do it outside rFactor and manually place them in your rFactor/Userdata/YourName/Settings/TrackName folder. Do not change the filename.
Unselect driver after driver swap: There are 3 steps that you always need to remember to perform after an rFactor-style driver swap: unselect riding with driver, escape from race & exit the server. In which order to do it is still up in the air (except exiting the server of course), but it is highly recommended to unselect riding with driver before leaving the server. It is best to do the steps after your team driver has done 1 lap after driver swap.

These things might also prevent bad stuff from happening, especially during driver swaps.

Password
To gain access of the password, you can check [here] or check your RD GPCOS Control Center.

Final Word
All that said, we wish you the best of luck for the season's final and hope to see you at the finish line.

I have 1 question about the skins,

#37 Redhawk Racing (Ryan Callan)
Driver 1: Ryan Callan
Driver 2: Harald Stadler
Driver 3: Kevin Ledoux
Driver 4: David Garcia

On V5.1 skinpack,what skins about this team?
Now,Guide is waiting :)

Team: Water Blue Racing
Class: GT2
Driver 1: Bruno Sousa Ferreira
Driver 2: Erik Tveit
Driver 3: Tom Watts

Neil Tasker have injered himself and there for he won't be able to participate tomorow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 177 66.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 122 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 49 18.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 26.7%
Back