RD Le Mans Series Season 1 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, that is a good point your raise there Yoeri, i was not aware this was not in rfactor and it might very well account for our troubles... we will do some testing on that !
nevertheless, we are not deterred and have already applied for a team license, certain that we will solve our issues during training

hmm, that is a good point your raise there Yoeri, i was not aware this was not in rfactor and it might very well account for our troubles... we will do some testing on that !
nevertheless, we are not deterred and have already applied for a team license, certain that we will solve our issues during training

When I was in GT2 class I found that changing gear later helped when the speed was less and also brake in straight lines. Best option is what Yoeri says do some laps you get used to it.

I was pretty much completely green to rFactor racing before Sebring, and getting down the gears under braking certainly did pose an interesting challenge at first. But I just got used to it and, over the course of my three hours in the race, I'd eventually managed to find all the sweet spots for downshifting without being too slow or spinning off. It's just a matter of adaptation if you ask me.

I was in GT1.

As you change the gear, just stab the throttle. You don't have to match revs, the game just looks to see if your applying them. It takes a little time to get used to, but is second nature when you do.

They are definitely not impossible to drive. I doubt it's the brake pressure that's killing you, rather I think you're suffering from the lack of auto-blip on the GT's. It takes a little practise to get used to that, but in the end it's simply a matter of getting high revs while shifting back to 2nd and 1st gear. It's just a guess, but that seems to be one of the major differences with GTR2.

As you change the gear, just stab the throttle. You don't have to match revs, the game just looks to see if your applying them. It takes a little time to get used to, but is second nature when you do.

Thanks for that crucial piece of info fellas! Just did some testing with both C6 and 997 and promising laptimes where a result with limited setup work! so future progression looks very good.

many thanks again.

Should be. But we never know lately with PSRTV. :)
If its online it will show up here.

http://www.prosimservers.com/index.php?dir=RaceDepartment/

A week has passed and its still not uploaded :*([/QUOTE]

I know.....[/QUOTE]'Gentlemen, start your engines?' Try 'Gentlemen, proceed with your poking to get them to post the video.':poke: :wink:

Broadcast is up: http://www.racedepartment.com/content/712-rdlms-sebring-6-hours-broadcast-replay-available.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000