RD Le Mans Series Season 1 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it was one of the most enjoyable leagues from my simracingcareer. I really like these cars and the track choices were excellent. Some bad luck with server issues, but not much you can do about that...

Big thanks to the admins and I am already looking forward to next season!

I can only agree with my teammate Robin Verdegaal, happy that we (SFH) did so good at the last race of this season. P1 for me and Robin in GT2 is great :cool:, P1 for our LMP1 entry and P2 for our GT1 entry :).

Qualify: I ran a few hundreds of a second quicker than my pb while practicing during the week, so was happy to nail my quali laps twice ;).

Race: The start was not good, the GT1 leader waited very long till he went and I dropped like 5-10secs to the last GT1, but when I accelerated exiting the last corner the GT1's were still not going :confused:. So this made it all messy, luckily nothing happend......

After that it settled abit and I could start running my racepace and create a gap to the other GT2 cars.
I know Kevin Brents from SSCA event some time back, so I wasn't sure how fast he would be, in qual there was about 0.5 sec between us, but still you never know untill your racing.

I did not take any risk with being overtaken by LMPs, some were ....... not gonna wait a single corner to pass and put their car everywhere to pass, but I wasn't gonna be punted in the rear, so I gave lots of room to some guys.....
I do have to say that some LMPs were very gentlemen like, so kudos to you.

I was able to get a lap on the 2nd placed GT2 when I handed the car over to Robin and Robin finished it, getting all our SFH cars in 1 shot across the finish line (though Robin had to do another lap because he was a bit too eager to be infront of Matthijs :tongue:).

Thanks to RD , specially Yoeri and Christopher for organising this. :doublethumb:
And! offcourse Simon for broadcasting all the events. :doublethumb:
Grats to all finishers.

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Next season we'll keep close track of the rankings and standings, and i am sure SFH would have been on top of the list of this years championship. It was a great honour to have such a legendary simracing team already at the first year of the league.

With all the experience and driver feedback we gather this year RDLMS can only become better next season :thumb:

White Racing P1 Chris Jaques - Arno Hoog - Andreas

It took us a while to overcome this one and write a race report. But here we are in the end!

In the build up to this race I already noticed my Q pace was very similar to that of Dennis, so it was always going to be close. He got pole by 0.018 in Q1 and tbh im glad he got it again in Q2.

Our pace was not only similar in Q but maybe even more so in the race. Although we were clearly on different wing settings our laptimes were extremely similar. During the first 2 stints we switched position a couple of times but unfortunately that was mainly due to traffic issues for either Dennis or for me. Anyway, it was exciting stuff. Since we were on EXACTLY the same strategy we pitted to give over to our teammates at the same lap with just 5 seconds seperating the both of us.

In the next three stints my teammate Chris was clearly a bit faster than Dennis' successor. He overtook our rivals cold out of the pit on the first lap with a very impressive move! With some serious damage to the front he still managed to build a 1:30 gap to than give it over to Andreas. We loaned Andreas for this event and unfortunately he didn't have the best stint of his life. Spinning a couple of times and not delivering the laptimes he thought he could do. In the end he binned it and it was race over.

Grats to the winning teams!

A big thanks to Yoeri, Christopher and everyone over at RD who had a stake in this! It's a great event and our team is very much looking forward to next season already!

And Simon... You know we all love you!

cheers,arno

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
Results are slightly delayed, but will be there either later today or early tomorrow if no errors occur.

Thanks for the TY's. It was a pleasure this season. We're preparing the next as well speak. Hope to see you there.

Unfortunately Team SIMotorsport joined the fun as late as for the last round, and crucially missed Le Mans... However I'm glad we were here for Sebring so now we have little doubts about joining RDLMS for S2!
On behalf of my team I'd like to thank everyone involved in the organization of the RDLMS as well as the broadcasting team. There were minor issues here and there but that's understandable.
Also thanks to all the teams and drivers, despite the 2 disco's at Sebring, the impressions are mostly positive as we had a lot of fun on the way!

If I may make a few suggestions to the organizers, why not allow 2 cars per team in a class? That would make the field a lot more realistic. Also something should be done about single-make fields (i.e. GT2 with all 997RSRs) That doesn't feel right!
Also it would be a lot nicer for both the drivers and the broadcasting guys if the custom teams were added with their proper names as addon cars (perhaps with separate rFm file) and not with adding skins to default cars.

In any case we'll be happy to come back next season one way or another. Thank you.

I would like to to say a big thinks for this season the best league i have ever been in by some way an aswome job by you all and thanks so much to simon for his chit chat always mad eme feel better afetr things going bad.

thanks to all teams and drivers that i had the joy to race with and help they have gevin me this season see you all next season:)

Well, my feedback hasn't changed much since the last round. We still continue to have problems getting the race actually started which having separate pre-qualifying will address. With that, there still seems to be server problems. There were a lot more DNF's from connection issues in this 6 hour race than the ILMS 12 hour race which happened earlier this month.

As I mentioned in my last feedback, I think you should use the re-connect option for races longer than 6 hours.

The organization for this last event was, honestly terrible. Things need to be better organized to be able to test the skinpacks earlier, have test races and such planned MUCH earlier. There is no reason the details of the races cannot be established earlier. If things went more like clockwork, I doubt you would have drivers dropping out and not racing. I can tell you from a team owner perspective, it's difficult getting the drivers to commit to the series when it's seems like to them the admins aren't committing. IMO, if you can fix these very minor annoyances, you'll have more drivers wanting to race than you'll be able to handle.

With that said, will Season 2 force teams to stick with the same car for the entire season? I think one car change should be allowed, but I don't like allowing teams to switch and pick a better car for the track each time.

BTW, you might also check some of the other endurance leagues around. ILMS, being the other major large endurance series, has races scheduled on the same days as some listed for Season 2. Specifically December 11th, and June 4th. I know there are some teams which run both series so that might be something to think about if moving dates around right now is an option.

05 Motorsport would like to thank all admins involved in the organisation & successful running of the LMS league here at Racedepartment.The enthusiasm shown by these guys is exceptional & although events may not have always gone the way they had predicted their overall ability to react to problems has been well handled.

As mentioned above I think you need to be certain that the events for season 2 do not clash with any other major Endurance based events.

My only other suggestion,which again I believe has already been mentioned,is the adoption of the Symsync program so as mod & track details are easily managed by all admin & competitors.

Thanks again & look forward to season 2.

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Or other events should not clash with us :)

just kidding, but i am sure we can't please all with the schedule that has been posted by yoeri today.

Might as well chip in on this one as well.

I had a fantastic time out there despite my lack of practise. The whole league is very well organised and seems very professional from the outside, so I was expecting a high standard of both driving and expectations towards driver behaviour. Which certainly seems to be the case! Needless to say, I wasn't extremely impressed with myself starting out, but once I got my mojo working again I really started enjoying myself. The faster guys (read: everyone) and especially the prototypes were really patient with passing me whenever I got caught up by them, and generally managed to get past without any drama. That's not counting my two minor gaffes of which I have already mentioned earlier, of course. The broadcast was great, and Simon is a brilliant endurance racing commentator - managing to make even me feel like some sort of star as he interviewed me :p

Thanks everyone for a fantastic race, and you'll definitely see me return with the R4R crew for the next event. I've had a small hiatus from endurance racing, but I've well and truly gotten the bug once again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 95 18.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 138 26.8%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 88 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.4%
  • €1501-3000