RD GT Championship 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there such a long break between pre quali and the first race.
A lot can happen in 2 months wich might cause players having to cancel the league before it even starts.
Couldnt it be possible to start the league 1 month earlier maybe?

We looked into that option but unfortunately there are a few other leagues running that will end this year. To give everybody a change to get into this league and can finish their league they are running now.

its not 2 months, its only just over 1 month, with christmas and new year in front of the door we decided to go like this. On the other hand you will have some extra time on your skin :wink:

Audi is probably the easiest to drive, no complaints there.

That one month wait between pre-q and 1st race is a bit worrying thou, i'm afraid that some will forget the whole thing.. There is the long holidays in between to support RD decision, plus all the other leagues running. Signups and pre-q would've been better near the end of the year but it's too late now. Let's do the pre-q and worry about this nearer to the first race.. two months from signup start to league start is a bit overkill, IMHO, didn't even notice that before...

@Erik,
We choose 1 car to give all a fair chance. There will be a more realistic overview of times this way.

@Kennett,
The choice was simple. Not putting it up at all, or starting to set it up this way. We decided to set it up anyway.
We will probably do an extra, not counting for ranking event in between. But we feld it is not fair to make attendance mandatory on days like christmas and new year :).

It is 1 month between quali and official first event, so that's not that bad. And it gives everybody a chance to make their skin in time as well. The period for skinning would have been to short if we had done the first event late this year.

Well, I can understand the issue when it's a regular month, but this is not :). The other side is, if we would have decided to do it sooner, nobody would have signed up, since almost nobody can make it on Christmas and newyears evening.

So, it's either driving with 2 - 10 participants, and starting early, or driving with 2 filled divisions, and waiting a bit more. To be honest, I do not care what others think about that, I simply think the early start, and racing on Christmas and newyear are no option. So there is no choice, end of discussion :p :p

And like said before, there will be some special event coming to keep you all focussed :)

yes I think if there are some test events until the start of the season time will go by faster and it keeps the league entertained.
Maybe it will also decrease the DNF quote since drivers can get used to their cars.

Also, this is my first online league and I dont know how to create setups at all.
Is it maybe possible to make a setup thread for every event where people who want can share their setups?
I have seen that in other leagues and I liked that very much and it would help out beginners like me a lot.

@Erik,
We choose 1 car to give all a fair chance. There will be a more realistic overview of times this way.
I know I got nothing to discuss here. But to show my pov, it will be the same about the actual season. Some cars just fits the track better than others, and to make the tracks 50-50 everywhere is not easy. But in the same case, some drivers may have a driving style which matches the Audi.

I hope you get what I mean. :)

@Vadym,
Yes it will, but make sure you let us know in time. I am sure you know in time which day you have to work, so that would not be an issue. However, it will give a 0 points on the total score of the league.

@Jonas,
No, there will not be a forced cockpit view.

@Jonas,
First thing we already have now is track recon. We use a car outside the options of the league, but we drive all tracks from the league. This is done in the Porsche SuperCup events from each sunday.
Further, during the comming month, we shall make some nice special events. I have no details at this point, but keep an eye out in the news thread to keep up with what we think off :)

@Erik,
I understand what you trying to say :). Thats just the reason why we choose 1 car :) On Silverstone, some cars will be a bit faster then others while driven by the same persons, as this is also on the other tracks as well. Sometimes f.i. the Audi will be quicker or more easy to handle, sometimes it will be the Auston or whatever other cars we use. Since we do not know who drives which car during the league, this is the most fair way to give everyone a fair chance of making the league, or even the first division.

To eliminate this factor of car-track combo, we choose this concept.

Unfortunately, I can`t download with this link. I`ve downloaded Silverstone from another source, but I can`t connect to server/ It seems like it`s another version of track. Could you post another link, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes