RD Formula Pro Series S3 (GTR Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

I know we have discussed that in the past, but since the cat is out of the bag I would like to hear more feedback. The format will be a little more official than discussed originally (we will be using all the GPCOS rules and scoring) and it won't start for another couple of months (until we finalize everything). The league will be opened to everyone, but priority will be given first to North American members then PanAmerican drivers finally everyone else. I am not sure which cars to use yet. I would prefer not to drive WTCC nor GT cars. There are a lot of WTCC events and a GT league will just end in Feb. Let's be a little more original. I would love to use cars that are not raced very often (F3000, Caterham, Radicals, WTCC 87, WTCC eXtreme, etc).

I want to hear from anyone who is interested in participating:
Driver name:
Race type: sprint/endurance
Car preferences (can list several):
Best day/time #1:
Alternative day/time #2:
Alternative day/time #3:
Should we somehow use weight penalties?:
Favorite track:
Remarks/comments:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drivers:

1. Eric Kaczmarek
  2. Yves Larose
  3. Timothy Miller
  4. Corey Theman
  5. Mitch Philipi
  6. Niklas Vesterinen
  7. Luis Carlos
  8. Sean Vohs
  9. Ian Landry
  10. Jan Wikström
  11. Keith Barrick
  12. Gaynall Hudgins
  13. Dave Stephenson
  14. Jean-Michel Rucheton
  15. Rhys Gardiner
  16. Marty Pierce
  17. Marcel vd Aa
  18. Leandro Lage
  19. Edenilson Penco
  20. Bob Luneski
  21. Bill Kaiser
  22. Péter Bártfai
  23. Chris Vick
  24. Rafael Barbosa
  25. Matt Alpeter
  26. Aritan Maia
  27. Nico Major
  28. Pascal Malenfant Tremblay
Cars:
  • F3000: 14x
  • WTCC 87: 9x
  • SR3/4: 11x
  • Caterhams: 12x
  • WTCC Extreme: 4x
  • WTCC/STCC: 7x
  • Camero: 3x
  • Mini: 2x
  • Production class: 2x (Audi R8)
  • FBMW: 3x
  • GTs: 7x
Tracks:
  • Barcelona GP
  • SPA 2003
  • Mid Ohio Chicane
  • Miller
  • Ledenon
  • Suzuka
  • Brno
  • Interlagos
  • Brandshatch
  • Nurburgring GP
  • Rouen
  • Mosport
  • Kaylami
  • Road One
  • Estoril
  • Valencia Street
  • Donnington
  • Cadwell Park
  • Sepang
  • Imola
  • Monte-Carlo
  • Ledenon
  • Zander
  • Valencia
  • Curitiba
  • Limerock Mountain
  • Hungaroring
Weight penalties:
  • 14x yes
  • 4x no (moved a no to a yes after some testing and chatting with Niklas)
  • maybe? 3x
  • 2x dont care

Driver name: Rafael Barbosa
Race type: endurance
Car preferences (can list several): Caterhams, Radicals, F3000
Best day/time #1: Not after 21:00 GMT, saturday or sunday
Alternative day/time #2:
Alternative day/time #3:
Should we somehow use weight penalties?: Yes
Favorite track: Interlagos, Valencia, Brno
Remarks/comments:

• Matt Alpeter

Sorry guys..been very busy...getting drunk lol. Hope I can race in this somehow!

Driver name:
Matt Alpeter
Race type: 2x 45min
Car preferences (can list several): WTCC Extreme/F3000
Best day/time #1: Sunday Night
Alternative day/time #2: Saturday Night
Alternative day/time #3:
Favorite track: Monza
Remarks/comments:

Some form of handicapping would be useful. There appear to be enough drivers to run an "A" class and a "B" class within each race. Time trials before the first race to determine initial class placement. After each race the Top 2 drivers from Class B join Class A for the next race and the bottom 2 drivers in Class A race in Class B the next race. This provides a lot of extra interest for the middle/bottom of the pack by providing real goals for those with no real chance to "win the race". Getting to Class A is a great goal for less experienced drivers and staying in Class A is a significant accomplishment.
Remarks/comments: Rolling starts are easier for newer drivers

I'm down for that. I tend to be at the back of the pack anyway so having a realistic goal to shoot for would be awesome. usually if I get way far back I just forfeit the race :/

I actually find standing starts easier.

Driver name: Aritan Maia
Race type: mostly endurances, but some sprints are good too
Car preferences (can list several): GTs and Radicals
Best day/time #1: monday/tuesday from 6pm to 12.30pm GMT
Alternative day/time #2: Saturday from 4pm to 6pm GMT
Alternative day/time #3: Sunday 12am GMT
Favorite track: Anyone
Remarks/comments: Beginner/Intermediate level

Another wild idea here (as long as we are brainstorming): the set-up process is part of the fun (I agree), but also part of the reason why sometimes there is a much bigger difference between fast and slow. Perhaps we can have some races where only limited things can be changed (I think the production car are a bit like that, no?).

Ian the production cars are like that but from previous race with them it is worse then usual, the production cars are mostly about driving skill and even if there so little to adjust it makes them even more important. its the samething with the Mini's and the Camaro, tho the mini's are the easiest of all cars to drive even with no setup at all.

Driver name: Nico Major
Race type: endurances
Car preferences (can list several): F3000, Radicals
Best day/time #1: Sunday 18 pm GMT and later
Alternative day/time #2: Wednesday, Tuesday 19 pm GMT and later
Alternative day/time #3: Saturday 19 pm GMT and later, but not so good day for me.
Should we somehow use weight penalties?: I think it's a good thing, so YES.
Favorite track: All there already
Remarks/comments: If we can really make a group "A" and "B" then weight penalties should be given only to top positions of group "A".

Thx, to Eric and Niklas for pointing me to this thread.

Driver name: Nico Major
Race type: endurances
Car preferences (can list several): F3000, Radicals
Best day/time #1: Sunday 18 pm GMT and later
Alternative day/time #2: Wednesday, Tuesday 19 pm GMT and later
Alternative day/time #3: Saturday 19 pm GMT and later, but not so good day for me.
Should we somehow use weight penalties?: I think it's a good thing, so YES.
Favorite track: All there already
Remarks/comments: If we can really make a group "A" and "B" then weight penalties should be given only to top positions of group "A".

Thx, to Eric and Niklas for pointing me to this thread.

Nice to see you here Nico.

Driver name: Pascal Malenfant Tremblay
Race type: endurance (1h to 1h30 is good normally) depending of the cars.
Car preferences (can list several): Caterham x2!:laugh2:, WTCC '87, Radicals
Best day/time #1: Sunday
Alternative day/time #2:
Alternative day/time #3:
Should we somehow use weight penalties?: yes, aliens will get down to earth!
Favorite track: My personnal choice is Suzuka, but it might be nice to have a complete American tracks league... just my though. The 'Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières' is a nice track too (home track!).
Remarks/comments: I don't have the STCC game so i hope that we will not use these cars. Every American cars might be cool to see in an American league imo. Like i read in a previous post, F3000 will certainly separate the field very quickly...
*I don't know if everyone have a G25 or better here, but it will be amazing if its a Caterham league with H-Box and heel-toe. Every race will be a challenge!

That league will be very nice! :victory:

Americas F3000 Grand Prix Championship - Official Sign ups

AF3kGPC_Banner.png

Official sign up thread for the "Americas F3000 Grand Prix Championship" (AF3kGPC)
http://af3kgpc.com

The AF3kGPC league is opened to everyone, however, American continent residents will be given highest priority. As of now, there are 25 open spots, in the case of higher than expected interest, we might re-evaluate that decision. Finally, if you won't be able to attend all the races, please sign up for the reserve list as we would prefer to give the available spots to drivers who are able to commit to the entire season.

Some more details about the league (note the site is still work in progress): http://af3kgpc.com

- All rules will be published in the next couple of weeks
- Sign ups will close on Feb 15th to participate you have to be a Trial member by then
- Skinpack template will be released by Jan 31th
- Original skins are due by Feb 15th

- name:
- number plate:
- skin: To be released/Single Driver Skin
- main/reserve:

Entrylist 1:
  1. #01 Niklas Vesterinen / Finland - included in update 1.0
  2. #02 Patrick Duivelaar / The Netherlands - SD - DONE
  3. #03 Lewis Fergusson / England - AR- DONE
  4. #04 Chris Vick / US - Pac Attack -DONE
  5. #05 Péter Bártfai / Hungary - VCR - DONE
  6. #06 Jan Wikström / Sweden - HKR - DONE
  7. #07 Bob Luneski / USA - KBR - DONE
  8. #08 Dan Kiewicz / USA - SD - DONE
  9. #09 Matteo Montanari / Italy - SD - DONE
  10. #11 Jean Michel Rucheton / France - BFR - DONE
  11. #12 Mitchell Phillipi / USA - BFR - DONE
  12. #13 Eric Kaczmarek / USA - BFR - DONE
  13. #14 Sylvain Mirlaud / France - Working on it...
  14. #17 Matt Alpeter / USA - HKR - DONE
  15. #18 Giorgos Davakos / Greece - WBR - DONE
  16. #19 Pascal Malenfant Tremblay / Canada - SD - DONE
  17. #21 Leandro Lage / Brazil - BR - DONE
  18. #23 Bob Miley / England - KBR- DONE
  19. #25 Mark Birney / Ireland - AR- DONE
  20. #27 Sam Beason / USA - KBR- DONE
  21. #28 Jeremy Trotin / France - SD - DONE
  22. #31 Marcel van der Aa / The Netherlands / Special USA Member - included in update 1.0
  23. #36 Ben Everard / England - SD - DONE
  24. #41 Keith Barrick / Canada- included in update 1.0
  25. #46 Sean Vohs / USA - RSR - DONE
  26. #47 Adam Vaughan / Wales - RSR - DONE
  27. #50 Robert Crone / The Netherlands - SD - DONE
  28. #66 Nico Major / Germany - SD - DONE
  29. #72 Aritan Maia / Brazil - BR - DONE
  30. #82 Neil Gault / Scotland - SD - DONE
  31. #85 Timothy Miller / USA - PTR - DONE
  32. #86 Dave Stephenson / England - SR- DONE
Reserve:
  1. #16 Bill Kaiser / USA - KBR- DONE
  2. #55 João Andias / Portugal - SD - DONE
  3. #62 Christopher Aponte / Aruba - TBR
  4. #63 Gaynall Hudgins / USA - SD - DONE

Championship Info

AF3kGPC_Banner.png

American F3000 Grand Prix Championship (AF3kGPC)
http://af3kgpc.com

Opened to all RD racing members.​

Class: F3000

Races
9 races

Race Structure
A practice server will be setup on Monday 2 weeks prior the race.

Drivers must indicate their participation in GPCOS by 20:00 GMT on Friday before the Race Event --> GPCOS link
Schedule
  1. Donington GP - Sat. February 28th - 45laps
  2. Imola - Sat. March 14th - 40laps
  3. Hockenheim '04- Sat. March 28th - 40laps
  4. Sepang - Sat. April 11th - 35laps
  5. Dijon-Prenois GP - Sat. April 25th - 50laps
  6. Monaco 88 - Sat. May 9th - 45laps
  7. Barcelona GP - Sat. May 23rd - 45laps
  8. Spa 04 - Sat. June 6th - 30laps
  9. Singapore GP '08 - Sat. June 20th - 35laps
Format
  • Qualifiers 45mins @ 18:00GMT (2:00pm EST - 11:00am PST)
  • Warmup 10mins @ 18:45GMT (2:45pm EST - 11:45am PST)
  • Race @ 18:55GMT (2:55pm EST - 11:55am PST)
Practice session
There will be a server setup with an unofficial practice session setup at least 2 hours prior the qualifiers.

Points Distribution
Points are awarded for the top 8 finishes for each driver (lowest finish removed).
Race points are awarded when a driver completed: >= 75% of the total laps of the race.

Qualifying points
  • P1: 2
Race points
  • P01: 40
  • P02: 35
  • P03: 32
  • P04: 27
  • P05: 26
  • P06: 25
  • P07: 24
  • P08: 23
  • P09: 22
  • P10: 21
  • P11: 20
  • P12: 19
  • P13: 18
  • P14: 17
  • P15: 16
  • P16: 15
  • P17: 14
  • P18: 13
  • P19: 12
  • P20: 11
  • P21: 10
  • P22: 9
  • P23: 8
  • P24: 7
  • P25: 6
  • P26: 5
  • P27: 4
  • P28: 3
  • P29: 2
  • P30: 1

Fastest Laptime: 2

Weather conditions
All the races will be run under changeable weather

Regulations
- AF3kGPC Official Format & Rulebook: Download
- RaceDepartment League Regulations: Download

Single driver championship no teams

Original skins
We are going to provide all participants with a basic skin including the RD logo and the name of the F3000 series on all cars. We understand that not everyone is capable to skin their own cars, so we will be providing a “Single Drivers” skin for those that can't skin them or find someone to skin them for them. The RD logo will be displayed on the air intake cowls and the championship name will be across the rear wing. Names and Flags will have a designated spot. This is a preliminary look at the “Single Drivers” skin. Although it is still being tweaked, it is primarily in its final form. The colors of the car represent the competing countries, since this is the "Americas": North and South continents.

SDCar.jpg

SINGLE DRIVER SKIN shown above

Weight penalties

Based on Championship standings
  1. +25kg
  2. +15kg
  3. +10kg
  4. +5kg

=============================================

Standardized AF3000 Grand Prix Race penalties

To clean up some of the questionable racing moves in the past 2 rounds, we will use some guidelines to help us penalizing guilty parties. They are only guidelines!! The race directors will still review each incident and make a decision based on its gravity.

1. Track cutting (two wheels on the track at all times): 5s penalty per offense. Excessive number of cuts might result in a race warning.
  2. Incident involving 2 cars where driver causing incident waits/hands back position safely in reasonable time (1 lap from incident) up to 10s penalty.
  3. Incident involving multiple cars where driver causing incident waits/hands back position safely in reasonable time (1 lap from incident) up to 30s.
  4. Incident involving 2 cars where driver causing incident retains his position: up to 30s penalty and an automatic warning.
  5. Incident involving multiple cars where driver retains his position up to 45s penalty and 1 race ban.
  6. After 3 race warnings the driver will be disqualified for the next round of the Championship.

Although some of the incidents above do not carry official warnings in their own right, persistent offenders may still be subject to an official warning or retrospective punishments for these incidents.

Appendices

Reference to Article 1:
In accordance with the standard Race Department League Regulations (here) all curbs are considered part of the track. Any area outside the bounds of the curb is free to be used as long as 2 wheels remain on the curb at all times. Example below.
curbscomparisoncopy.png

Reference to Articles 2-5:

Racing is a tough business, and some contact during exchanges is to be expected. If no damage, change of places, or significant timeloss is caused then in most cases no penalty will be required. Incidents will be investigated at the request of the drivers themselves. Please raise your issues promtly via pm to a Race Director. In deciding whether an infraction is large enough to be penalised a good rule of thumb to consider is that if you can't remember the incident at all, without the aid of the replay then it is unlikely that significant damage or timeloss occured. We will however review any incident you request but please be realistic about the complaints you submit.

========================================================​

[Copy and past from Yoeri's post. It applies to us as well]

Our deadline will be Thursday 20:00gmt before the Saturday race.

Due to the slack of reporting presence and absence in the previous league seasons at RaceDepartment we (the Racing Staff) have decided to stricten the rules around reporting presence and absence a bit more.

1) All drivers must report!

From this season on EVERY driver (reserves too, no exceptions) has to fill in a so-called driver allocation at RD GPCOS. The driver reports himself as:

• Present - Participation confirmed (in RD GPCOS)
  • Absent - Driver will not participate (in RD GPCOS)
  • Uncertain - Driver participation uncertain (in RD GPCOS)
Every driver must do this for every round of the league. Additionally they must do this before the deadline of each round. This deadline can be found in the Format

2) Present/Participation confirmed
The driver reports he will be present before the specific round of the league. This means he will drive!
Only drivers that report themselves present will be put on the Race Grid. This also counts for reserve drivers!

Drivers that report present, but don't show up will be denied league access for an entire calendar year!

If a driver, that was reported present, suddenly can't show up or suffers from delay beyond his control, he must contact the Race Directionas soon as possible by sending a Private Message on the forum. He must then explain his situation.

3) Absent/Driver will not participate

The driver reports he will not drive in the specific round he allocated himself. This means his spot on the Race Grid goes to a reserve driver.

Drivers can reverse their absence allocation before the deadline. If a driver wants to reverse his absence allocation after the deadline he must contact the Race Direction through a Private Message on the forum.

4) Uncertain/Driver participation uncertain
The reports that he is not yet sure he can make it in time for the specific round. This means he will be put on the Race Grid. The Race Direction awaits further notice for the driver.

A driver must only allocate himself as Uncertain if he doesn't know it yet by the time the deadline is reached. Otherwise he is asked to allocate as Present or Absent.

As soon as the driver has clearance on whether he can make it or not he must contact the Race Direction through a Private Message on the forum.

5) No Report/Allocation?
Every driver must allocate his status for the upcoming round before the deadline.

A driver that allocates after the deadline must immediately contact the Race Direction through a Private Message on the forum and explain the situation. Depending on the reason the driver will be excused (but not necessarily entered for the specific round!) or trerated as below.

A driver that does not allocate either of the three options will be removed from the league for the rest of the season. Re-entry will not be possible.

Make sure you maintain your allocations!

6) How to report?

• Login on RD GPCOS.
  • Go to Control Center and look for the biglight-blue box.
  • Find the league name in red and click Maintain driver allocations
  • Select one of the three options. Fill in a reason if your participation is Uncertain, otherwise it is not required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%