RD Formula Pro Series S3 (GTR Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

I know we have discussed that in the past, but since the cat is out of the bag I would like to hear more feedback. The format will be a little more official than discussed originally (we will be using all the GPCOS rules and scoring) and it won't start for another couple of months (until we finalize everything). The league will be opened to everyone, but priority will be given first to North American members then PanAmerican drivers finally everyone else. I am not sure which cars to use yet. I would prefer not to drive WTCC nor GT cars. There are a lot of WTCC events and a GT league will just end in Feb. Let's be a little more original. I would love to use cars that are not raced very often (F3000, Caterham, Radicals, WTCC 87, WTCC eXtreme, etc).

I want to hear from anyone who is interested in participating:
Driver name:
Race type: sprint/endurance
Car preferences (can list several):
Best day/time #1:
Alternative day/time #2:
Alternative day/time #3:
Should we somehow use weight penalties?:
Favorite track:
Remarks/comments:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drivers:

1. Eric Kaczmarek
  2. Yves Larose
  3. Timothy Miller
  4. Corey Theman
  5. Mitch Philipi
  6. Niklas Vesterinen
  7. Luis Carlos
  8. Sean Vohs
  9. Ian Landry
  10. Jan Wikström
  11. Keith Barrick
  12. Gaynall Hudgins
  13. Dave Stephenson
  14. Jean-Michel Rucheton
  15. Rhys Gardiner
  16. Marty Pierce
  17. Marcel vd Aa
  18. Leandro Lage
  19. Edenilson Penco
  20. Bob Luneski
  21. Bill Kaiser
  22. Péter Bártfai
  23. Chris Vick
  24. Rafael Barbosa
  25. Matt Alpeter
  26. Aritan Maia
  27. Nico Major
  28. Pascal Malenfant Tremblay
Cars:
  • F3000: 14x
  • WTCC 87: 9x
  • SR3/4: 11x
  • Caterhams: 12x
  • WTCC Extreme: 4x
  • WTCC/STCC: 7x
  • Camero: 3x
  • Mini: 2x
  • Production class: 2x (Audi R8)
  • FBMW: 3x
  • GTs: 7x
Tracks:
  • Barcelona GP
  • SPA 2003
  • Mid Ohio Chicane
  • Miller
  • Ledenon
  • Suzuka
  • Brno
  • Interlagos
  • Brandshatch
  • Nurburgring GP
  • Rouen
  • Mosport
  • Kaylami
  • Road One
  • Estoril
  • Valencia Street
  • Donnington
  • Cadwell Park
  • Sepang
  • Imola
  • Monte-Carlo
  • Ledenon
  • Zander
  • Valencia
  • Curitiba
  • Limerock Mountain
  • Hungaroring
Weight penalties:
  • 14x yes
  • 4x no (moved a no to a yes after some testing and chatting with Niklas)
  • maybe? 3x
  • 2x dont care

Driver name: Rhys Gardiner
Race type: sprint/endurance - Either, but I'm more comfy with sprint races. 2x 30 min. races would be ideal if we were to go endurance.
Car preferences (can list several): Any - I love 'em all! :)
Best day/time #1: Friday night U.S. time (Saturday morning/midday Australian time)
Alternative day/time #2: Saturday night U.S. time (this is less preferred, as I am racing in the PrestoGP League which has races around this time.)
Alternative day/time #3: None - the above two are the only ones relevant to me.
Should we somehow use weight penalties?: I'm easy either way.
Favorite track: As with the cars, I love 'em all! :D *cough*Spa+Mosport*cough* :pound:
Remarks/comments: I like Friday night US better. As mentioned earlier, I am racing in the PrestoGP (Pacific division) F3000 league, which would have races at about 10pm Saturday US time. That may or may not cut into my time racing with you guys on Sundays. But, either way, this is a great idea, and I love the thought of a RaceDepartment league that I don't have to get up at some early hour to race in! :dance2:

Rhys

Driver name: Marty Pierce

Race type: sprint/endurance Would like to see 45 min race 1 mand pit with superpole or 20 min quali

Car preferences (can list several): fbmw/ Rads/ Cats/ gt club/ mini/wtcc
Best day/time #1: 2130 eastern us
Alternative day/time #2: 1300 eastern us
Alternative day/time #3: 0900 eastern us

Should we somehow use weight penalties?: Not sure?
Favorite track: cadwell/zander/ledenen

Remarks/comments: Only days I can race evening us events is wed/thurs now so Im limited Like the stcc format but would like little longer event than stcc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driver name: Marcel vd Aa
Race type: sprint/endurance: 60/90 minutes Endurance
Car preferences (can list several): WTCC87, F3000, WTCC/STCC, anything really
Best day/time #1: Not an issue for me, can race any day
Alternative day/time #2:
Alternative day/time #3:
Should we somehow use weight penalties?: no, but maybe some other means of leveling the field would be nice
Favorite track: Spa, Barcelona, all default tracks
Remarks/comments: Although i do like the idea of an F3000 league i think with these kind of cars the difference between faster and slower drivers will be bigger. Also when it comes to endurance races i would prefer one 60 minute race over a 2 x 30 minutes race because of the race strategy.

Just an FYI. I am going to let this thread run for a couple of weeks to give everyone a chance to give their feedback. Then I'll contact a few of you to help me organize everything.

Again, I really appreciate everyone's input!!! Thanks guys!!!

had another thought. thta if you're to run open wheelers it might be best to go with FBMW, despite the fact that most people included F3000 in their choices it does have a habit of realley stretching the field out which will make the task of getting close racing by whatever means are decided on a much more difficult job.

Driver name: Leandro Lage
Race type: Endurance
Car preferences (can list several): GT Club / WTCC/STCC
Best day/time #1: after 23.00 GMT (preferably Saturday or Sunday)
Alternative day/time #2:
Alternative day/time #3:
Should we somehow use weight penalties?: Yes!
Favorite track: Istanbul, Brno, Curitiba, Interlagos, Valencia
Remarks/comments:

• Ian Landry

had another thought. thta if you're to run open wheelers it might be best to go with FBMW, despite the fact that most people included F3000 in their choices it does have a habit of realley stretching the field out which will make the task of getting close racing by whatever means are decided on a much more difficult job.

Exactly. As a first league for the US timezone, I think it would be a mistake to go with such a fast (hence difficult) car as the F3000. Despite what Yves is saying, I find the F3000 pretty difficult to drive and set-up properly.

Another wild idea here (as long as we are brainstorming): the set-up process is part of the fun (I agree), but also part of the reason why sometimes there is a much bigger difference between fast and slow. Perhaps we can have some races where only limited things can be changed (I think the production car are a bit like that, no?).

Hi Eric and all guys!

Driver name: Edenilson Penco
Race type: endurance

Car preferences (can list several): caterham
Best day/time #1: later as possible and not weekend
Alternative day/time #2:
Alternative day/time #3:
Should we somehow use weight penalties?: not
Favorite track: all from simbin and vln
Remarks/comments:

Exactly. As a first league for the US timezone, I think it would be a mistake to go with such a fast (hence difficult) car as the F3000. Despite what Yves is saying, I find the F3000 pretty difficult to drive and set-up properly.

Another wild idea here (as long as we are brainstorming): the set-up process is part of the fun (I agree), but also part of the reason why sometimes there is a much bigger difference between fast and slow. Perhaps we can have some races where only limited things can be changed (I think the production car are a bit like that, no?).

Ian I agree with you. F3000 is a little harder to drive and setup, but I had more fun driving that car than anything else so far. The traction, acceleration and breaking are just out of this world. In the one event I entered I was 4 seconds off the pole setter's time (which isnt much more than the usual:disapointed:). During the race I had a total blast!!! :clap::clap:

Driver name: Bob Luneski
Race type: Mix of Sprint & Endurance
Car preferences (can list several): GT Club, WTCC, STCC
Best day/time #1: Very flexible but not before noon PST or after 10PM PST
Alternative day/time #2:
Alternative day/time #3:

Should we somehow use weight penalties?: Some form of handicapping would be useful. There appear to be enough drivers to run an "A" class and a "B" class within each race. Time trials before the first race to determine initial class placement. After each race the Top 2 drivers from Class B join Class A for the next race and the bottom 2 drivers in Class A race in Class B the next race. This provides a lot of extra interest for the middle/bottom of the pack by providing real goals for those with no real chance to "win the race". Getting to Class A is a great goal for less experienced drivers and staying in Class A is a significant accomplishment.
Favorite track: Limerock Mountain
Remarks/comments: Rolling starts are easier for newer drivers

Some form of handicapping would be useful. There appear to be enough drivers to run an "A" class and a "B" class within each race. Time trials before the first race to determine initial class placement. After each race the Top 2 drivers from Class B join Class A for the next race and the bottom 2 drivers in Class A race in Class B the next race. This provides a lot of extra interest for the middle/bottom of the pack by providing real goals for those with no real chance to "win the race". Getting to Class A is a great goal for less experienced drivers and staying in Class A is a significant accomplishment.

that sounds like an integing idea

Driver name: Bill Kaiser
Race type: sprint, but can do up to an hour enduro....
Car preferences: GT Club/WTCC/F3000 or FBMW
Best day/time #1: Monday, Tuesday - 18:00 or later PST
Alternative day/time #2: Not Saturday or Sunday
Alternative day/time #3:
Should we somehow use weight penalties?: No
Favorite track: Of those listed - Spa, Rouen, Suzuka, Brno
Remarks/comments:

Some form of handicapping would be useful. There appear to be enough drivers to run an "A" class and a "B" class within each race. Time trials before the first race to determine initial class placement. After each race the Top 2 drivers from Class B join Class A for the next race and the bottom 2 drivers in Class A race in Class B the next race. This provides a lot of extra interest for the middle/bottom of the pack by providing real goals for those with no real chance to "win the race". Getting to Class A is a great goal for less experienced drivers and staying in Class A is a significant accomplishment.

That sounds interesting..... Although i don't think we have enough drivers for it yet.

That sounds interesting..... Although i don't think we have enough drivers for it yet.
Agree. Not to mention that we wont be able to satisfy everyone as far as the scheduled is concerned. On the other hand, I know of a few people who are still out of town and haven't signed up yet (Chris, Matt, Peter). I am also trying to convince a friend of mine to sign up on here to race with us. I am really hoping to have around 20 regulars.

Tell him to hurry up then:) I got my brother who lives in France to start racing with us:clap:

BTW The 2 class suggestion comes from a couple of observations
1) It's common in real road races to run several classes together
2) Reading previous posts indicated that the races seem to naturally separate into 2 groups of drivers
3) Having 6 podium spots in each race keeps interest up by providing realistic goals to the middle/back of the pack. I think this will keep people engaged and help prevent dropout/flaky attendance later in the season.

I agree that there has to be sufficient drivers for this to make sense. I'll give my brother a kick in the pants to get him going. Although I've been trying for months to get him to set his router ports correctly so we can play NHL09 online together. Little brothers.......

Agree. Not to mention that we wont be able to satisfy everyone as far as the scheduled is concerned. On the other hand, I know of a few people who are still out of town and haven't signed up yet (Chris, Matt, Peter). I am also trying to convince a friend of mine to sign up on here to race with us. I am really hoping to have around 20 regulars.

Sounds good! I might also be able to recruit some more people. Atleast i will try...

Driver name: Péter Bártfai
Race type: endurance
Car preferences (can list several): WTCC87/Caterham/Radical/Camaro
Best day/time #1: Anything between 0:00(GMT+1) Monday - 24:00(GMT+1) Thursday
Alternative day/time #2:
Alternative day/time #3:
Should we somehow use weight penalties?: no
Favorite track: Hungaroring
Remarks/comments: I like standing starts

Edit: added Camaro:)

Driver name: Chris Vick
Race type: sprint/endurance Endurance
Car preferences (can list several): GT's, Productions, Caterhams, Radicals
Best day/time #1: Not Tues, Wed, Thurs evening and not Sunday morning
Alternative day/time #2:
Alternative day/time #3:
Should we somehow use weight penalties?: Don't really care
Favorite track: Mid-Ohio, Le Mans, Brands Hatch
Remarks/comments: Every other week would be good for those of us with tough schedules. Also, not too early in the evening on weekdays because it is hard to get home early due to traffic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back