RD Formula Manager - Season 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
He paid you 800 and you get 800 from that instantly. It means you have +1300 than the money written at the Teams List. :thumbsup:
Cool, but I thought engines costed 100 to build, so surely that would have to disappear as I'm making 5, so $500.

Not that I'm complaining or anything, but it seems like an inconsistency, as the suppliers still have to make each engine. Maybe that's something to patch for the future, and also why manufacturers have been so OP for many seasons.

It's definitely been like that in previous seasons, plus that's what Omer has told me in PMs before. Maybe it's changed since then.
Definitely not. The only costs you have when manufacturing an engine are the initial costs, previously 3 levels for bad/medium/good engine, now X*1000. Or, as in your and my case, the costs for purchasing an abandoned engine.
I've only ever paid the ~1000 for acquiring the old Blackcat engines. Supplying them to other teams never cost me a thing.

@Milos, it appears I may have short changed you unwittingly. Do you want a discount, or are you happy with paying me the full $800?
I think $800 is a more than fair price for the engine. And I have nothing else to spend the money on. So I am okay with that :p
wut, when has there ever been anything suggesting that building an engine costs 100? :O_o:
This was definetly a thing in season 5, to balance player made engines slightly. Don't know when it got removed.

In the previous engine system, the costs were paid after each race. There had to be 100 cr paid at least. If the customer could not afford it, the manufacturer would have paid instead. But when customers paid 100, there was no cost and the manufacturer got their 100. It was a mechanism to prevent engines used for 0 credits. But it was the same as now when the customers could pay.

The only thing I found looking through the S5 op were the minimum costs for buying a player manufactured engine, 50 per car per race, 100 for sister teams of the manufacturer. Don't think this ever was a thing.

But when customers paid 100, there was no cost and the manufacturer got their 100.
I think this was not the case in season 5. Either I paid the whole 100, the customer paid the whole 100, or we split it 50-50.
Or my memory is rubbish. :p

edit: after a short dig through my old blackcat PM (which I somehow haven't deleted), I can confirm either the above is true, or I broke the game. Wouldn't be surprised about either :roflmao:
wow my English and my tactics were awful in S5..

Last edited:
@Azabadaza - Aston Martin took two races in a row from Rossi, any plans of supplier change?
The fragile Aston engines are certainly an issue, but we have no plans of a supplier change. While they are fragile, they are still worth sticking with, and we trust the engineers at Aston and 2KF1 to sort their **** out :p

Buys:
Change sponsors to C-D
Budget: 1750cr
+1 chassis (500cr)
+1 durability (500cr)
+1 speed: Rossi (400cr)

BRT 3750cr
Engine test speed 500cr
Risky research 1000cr
Durability upgrade 500cr
RIC overtaking 400cr
RIC pitstops 400cr
BRI speed 400cr
BRI pitstops 400cr

Silver Soul 1350cr
Advanced engine test (speed, reliability) 800cr
Engine test 500cr

@TTupsi - Must have been a frustrating race with traffic and collisions. Would have finished higher with a better qualifying result?
Not ideal race, no. Overall it was very different race for us and there was not much we could do but crawl around the track and try to get to finish. I don't think a better qualifying would have changed the result much.

1900cr

Chassis durability (500)
Chassis upgrade (500)

Engine durability (500)

Simona tyre mastery (400)

=0cr left

Marketplace is CLOSED
Teams and Supplier lists are updated.
Testing Results:
upload_2018-2-19_2-12-14.png

And now the Monaco Grand Prix weekend begins! You need to send your Practice and Qualifying orders before the update on Wednesday. Here is the track conditions and forecast below:
upload_2018-2-19_2-13-16.png

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering